NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How hard is it for Philly to get a mascot of this logo?

3588_philadelphia_76ers-secondary-2015.p

True, also 3 years ago in late 2011 they had 3 concepts for mascots as seen here.

120511-mascot-400.jpg

It seems like the big ben one was the most favorite as heard in this video.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Sixers-Mascot-Search-135063818.html

The dog was called "B Franklin Dogg" , so I guess it seems like they liked the idea of it, redesigned the dog made it blue.

Its not so bad looking, at least it doesn't have the colonial garb on, something about a dog wearing colonial garb seems too corny to me.

The Raptors mock up is dumb and boring. And not even a big enough of a change from what they have now to make it worthwhile other than adding gold. The logo is still boring and stupid. And putting it underneath the numbers is dumb as well.

Everything about the Raptors rebrand is a downgrade. Logo, uniforms (potentially), and not bringing back purple.

How hard is it for Philly to get a mascot of this logo?

3588_philadelphia_76ers-secondary-2015.p

True, also 3 years ago in late 2011 they had 3 concepts for mascots as seen here.

120511-mascot-400.jpg

It seems like the big ben one was the most favorite as heard in this video.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sports/Sixers-Mascot-Search-135063818.html

The dog was called "B Franklin Dogg" , so I guess it seems like they liked the idea of it, redesigned the dog made it blue.

Its not so bad looking, at least it doesn't have the colonial garb on, something about a dog wearing colonial garb seems too corny to me.

The new mascot is basically the dog from Duck Hunt in blue. Not a fan. Phil E. Moose seemed to be the most popular on social media, but the team said they had like focus groups of kids who loved the dog and I guess that's who the mascot should appeal too. Apparently there was another option besides the dog that Josh Harris thought would actually "win" when he polled the kids and whoever else and was surprised when the dog was the more favored.

I wonder what the other choice was? Ben Franklin or the Moose? Something else entirely?

I just hate Toronto using red and black. They used to have one of the most unique looks with the purple and red. I remember the floor was so beautiful too and when they wear the retros, they look amazing today. The color just pops on tv because all other teams use so many dark colors. Why are teams afraid of bright colors today? Even the early 2000's look was great imo with the added black to the purple and red.

Anyway i expect the Raptors to re-do the uniforms again in 5 years or so. Why the simple look anyway? Toronto Raptors should not be simple and classic. They are a modern team. They are the perfect team to get creative and experiment. The whole rebrand feels half assed. It feels like there was no love or passion put into the entire process.

I'm glad the Clippers are rebranding. Hope it's the baby blue with orange look with a nautical theme. Get as far away from the Lakers as possible, but that doesn't sound like that's happening with the logo rumor. I would have said stay away form integrating a basketball shape into your logo with a simple wordmark in the middle. You're essentially modernizing the Lakers look.

Happy the Hawks return to the pacman full time and will go red, black and volt. It sounds exciting and can only imagine what it must feel like to be a true Hawks fan right now. I beg every day for the Rockets to return to something CLOSE ENOUGH to their championship roots. Just hope the Hawks don't get too crazy with the volt and keep it only as trim.

I'm okay with the Bucks logo. They just need new uniforms. Right on with the Irish Rainbow. Keep simple, classic cut for the alternate like their current red alt.

76ers. Lost on them. They had the right idea and yet made it so boring. Maybe at this point all you can do is what the NY Knicks did. Take the classic 80s unis and have the new sleeve cut. Add the Ben Franklin logo as an official alt.

TWolves: New unis. Prefer no more blue. Black and like an emerald green trim. OR A very dark British racing green as primary away to replace the black and their original 90s shade of blue with silver trim.

Houston: Rebrand of course to red and gold. If not, new uniforms with SOME bits of gold in the brand would be nice.

Last i can think of: Indiana Pacers. I've hated their uniforms since day one. Modernize the early 90s look. Stop using navy.

Oh yeah and i want the Magic to get a minor change. Make the side piping go straight up and down and add the return of the star to the shorts. New v-neck collar.

I say let's wait and see the actual Raptors uniforms before we judge.

Just because a person said those Raptors mock ups are "close" doesn't mean much...how do you quantify "close" at this point?

It is a good point, if you read the article the only thing it really confirms is what the logos will look like and where. So while unfortunately we know for sure they the little basketball will be under the numbers we know very little else. Will there be an unique striping pattern? Maybe. Will the numbers or wordmark interact with the ball logo? Who knows. There's a good chance they won't be as plain as these (which were created not by someone who had seen them but by someone getting second hand information) but there's also a chance they will be.

From the article:

Keep in mind, this is all we were told:

Small claw logo positioned under numbers on front

Four uniforms with the colour schemes shown

Simple Arial-like font

The rest we simply had to guess on, this includes RAPTORS/TORONTO on each jersey, shorts designs, and jersey striping detail.

TWolves: New unis. Prefer no more blue. Black and like an emerald green trim. OR A very dark British racing green as primary away to replace the black and their original 90s shade of blue with silver trim.

I agree that the Wolves need new uniforms badly, but blue needs to stay. Fans are mad enough that they've phased green out of the jerseys, cutting blue would be received very poorly. Ideally, they get a new logo, and new uniforms with a green alternate.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

I agree that the Wolves need new uniforms badly, but blue needs to stay. Fans are mad enough that they've phased green out of the jerseys, cutting blue would be received very poorly. Ideally, they get a new logo, and new uniforms with a green alternate.

I think the Wolves are in the same spot as the Bucks. They got the logos right, just get new uniforms that can last and become classic. I love the Wolves secondary logo and feel that should be focused on more or become the primary.

Twolves need to bring back green as well as the trees to their home court or let Milwaukee do that. Add trees along the baseline to the Bucks with Bango coming out the middle would be cool.

43.jpg

news_image.jpg

If Milwaukee had something like this at center court ala Oregon. It would own. (And i 100% love the new Mecca court too but this would be epic). Would make more sense than Raptors copying Brooklyn.

BigBuckHunterProIOS.jpg

Could be done like New Orleans court or Cleveland's skyline, or Hornets honeycomb pattern. Or even just along the sidelines.

shado_logo.gif

I just hate Toronto using red and black. They used to have one of the most unique looks with the purple and red. I remember the floor was so beautiful too and when they wear the retros, they look amazing today. The color just pops on tv because all other teams use so many dark colors. Why are teams afraid of bright colors today? Even the early 2000's look was great imo with the added black to the purple and red.

Anyway i expect the Raptors to re-do the uniforms again in 5 years or so. Why the simple look anyway? Toronto Raptors should not be simple and classic. They are a modern team. They are the perfect team to get creative and experiment. The whole rebrand feels half assed. It feels like there was no love or passion put into the entire process.

I'm glad the Clippers are rebranding. Hope it's the baby blue with orange look with a nautical theme. Get as far away from the Lakers as possible, but that doesn't sound like that's happening with the logo rumor. I would have said stay away form integrating a basketball shape into your logo with a simple wordmark in the middle. You're essentially modernizing the Lakers look.

Happy the Hawks return to the pacman full time and will go red, black and volt. It sounds exciting and can only imagine what it must feel like to be a true Hawks fan right now. I beg every day for the Rockets to return to something CLOSE ENOUGH to their championship roots. Just hope the Hawks don't get too crazy with the volt and keep it only as trim.

I'm okay with the Bucks logo. They just need new uniforms. Right on with the Irish Rainbow. Keep simple, classic cut for the alternate like their current red alt.

76ers. Lost on them. They had the right idea and yet made it so boring. Maybe at this point all you can do is what the NY Knicks did. Take the classic 80s unis and have the new sleeve cut. Add the Ben Franklin logo as an official alt.

Houston: Rebrand of course to red and gold. If not, new uniforms with SOME bits of gold in the brand would be nice.

Last i can think of: Indiana Pacers. I've hated their uniforms since day one. Modernize the early 90s look. Stop using navy.

Oh yeah and i want the Magic to get a minor change. Make the side piping go straight up and down and add the return of the star to the shorts. New v-neck collar.

Agree with everything! Great post.

Jaguars

Sixers just unvelied new mascot, Franklin the Dog. Kinda weird, but much better than Hip Hop, the ghetto rabbit.

Voila_Capture-2015-02-10_01-19-19_PM.jpgHip-Hop-the-Rabbit2.jpg

Is it just me or does it feel like Phily has had more mascots than any other team in the league?

This will be their 3rd mascot I beleive,

before hip hop, they had big shot lol

bigshot.jpg

Wow, Big Shot beats the heck out of any of these other options

90758391980.gif

Will this summer be the one with the most NBA rebrands (or at least new uniforms) ever?

Or: In which year happened the most?

I actually back tracked all the uniform changes since 99/00 (or at least all the ones on the site). I'll type the whole list up if any one is interested. The biggest years of change were:

2001/2002 when Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, New York, and Seattle all made changes. (6 teams)

in 02/03 Atlanta, Golden State, Portland, Sacramento and San Antonio all made changes. (5 teams, Spurs updated their logo yet the uniform stayed almost the same with the logo being changed out. Still included them in the count)

in 08/09 Minnesota, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orlando and Sacramento made major changes and Denver removed Royal Blue from their scheme resulting in a minor uni change. (6 teams)

in 2010/2011 there were a lot of small tweaks with the new Rev 30 system. The major changes were Utah, Clippers, Golden State, and Cleveland but if you count the minor tweaks that adds Atlanta, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Philly, San Antonio and Washington as well as Dallas changing their Road Uniform color. (A total of 12 changes)

My guess this year is we'll see 3 (Atlanta, Clippers, and Toronto) which is about the average of the major changes made per year. Major meaning more than switching logos on a jersey, replacing road jerseys with an existing alternate, changing templates, etc. The average if my math is right is 3.25 teams per year. I know people mention Mil, Phi and Min but I'll believe those when I see them. I'd be surprised if all 6 teams make major changes, but hey, it's happened before.

Sixers just unvelied new mascot, Franklin the Dog. Kinda weird, but much better than Hip Hop, the ghetto rabbit.

Voila_Capture-2015-02-10_01-19-19_PM.jpgHip-Hop-the-Rabbit2.jpg

Is it just me or does it feel like Phily has had more mascots than any other team in the league?

This will be their 3rd mascot I beleive,

before hip hop, they had big shot lol

bigshot.jpg

Wow, Big Shot beats the heck out of any of these other options

I think the smartest thing to do would be to 'rent' the Phillie Phanatic during their offseason. Why try to reinvent the wheel when you have the best sports mascot right across the street?

Will this summer be the one with the most NBA rebrands (or at least new uniforms) ever?

Or: In which year happened the most?

I actually back tracked all the uniform changes since 99/00 (or at least all the ones on the site). I'll type the whole list up if any one is interested. The biggest years of change were:

2001/2002 when Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Milwaukee, New York, and Seattle all made changes. (6 teams)

in 02/03 Atlanta, Golden State, Portland, Sacramento and San Antonio all made changes. (5 teams, Spurs updated their logo yet the uniform stayed almost the same with the logo being changed out. Still included them in the count)

in 08/09 Minnesota, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Orlando and Sacramento made major changes and Denver removed Royal Blue from their scheme resulting in a minor uni change. (6 teams)

in 2010/2011 there were a lot of small tweaks with the new Rev 30 system. The major changes were Utah, Clippers, Golden State, and Cleveland but if you count the minor tweaks that adds Atlanta, Memphis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Philly, San Antonio and Washington as well as Dallas changing their Road Uniform color. (A total of 12 changes)

My guess this year is we'll see 3 (Atlanta, Clippers, and Toronto) which is about the average of the major changes made per year. Major meaning more than switching logos on a jersey, replacing road jerseys with an existing alternate, changing templates, etc. The average if my math is right is 3.25 teams per year. I know people mention Mil, Phi and Min but I'll believe those when I see them. I'd be surprised if all 6 teams make major changes, but hey, it's happened before.

Thanks for researching that! Right, 2001 was heavy. But you mentioned that 'Denver removed Royal Blue from their scheme resulting in a minor uni change'. Didn't you mean that they introduced navy blue to their colour scheme?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived