NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Adidas, you announce that you won't be renewing your NBA contract and then you put out the most beautiful one-off alt uni series you've done in your entire contract? What could have been...

In an alternate universe, there's some basketball league in Scandinavia founded by American emigrants whose standard uniforms look exactly like these. And that is my favorite league.

I'm actually not a fan of this recent cream/fauxback fad (looking at you especially, Mariners), but at least from these concepts I'm loving this attempt by Adidas. Hopefully they treated the Bucks' new uniforms equally as well.

And if Coca Cola doesn't promote Vanilla Coke in a commercial with the NBA this Christmas season, I'll be disappointed (unless they're not a sponsor).

vanilla_coke__64606_zoom.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nuggets not being listed in Alternate 1 but being listed in Alternate 2 and Pride makes me think that they will possibly get 2 new uniforms this season. A second alternate, maybe a navy version of the current alt and a Mile High Pride jersey??

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Did you know that vanilla flavoring for things like soft drinks comes from butt juice from rodents?

Beavers nonetheless.

maxresdefault.jpg

There's an x-rated joke somewhere in there, maybe amplified by the fact that it was discontinued in the U.S. but so popular in the UK that they made it a permanent flavor. Now back to the NBA...

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Adidas, you announce that you won't be renewing your NBA contract and then you put out the most beautiful one-off alt uni series you've done in your entire contract? What could have been...

In an alternate universe, there's some basketball league in Scandinavia founded by American emigrants whose standard uniforms look exactly like these. And that is my favorite league.

I'm actually not a fan of this recent cream/fauxback fad (looking at you especially, Mariners), but at least from these concepts I'm loving this attempt by Adidas. Hopefully they treated the Bucks' new uniforms equally as well.

And if Coca Cola doesn't bring back Vanilla Coke and make a commercial with the NBA for this Christmas season, I'll be disappointed (unless they're not a sponsor).

vanilla_coke__64606_zoom.jpg

Vanilla Coke has been back for years, though...

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nothing about the traditional St. Patrick's Day alts for Boston and Chicago, not even TBDs. Unless I missed it. (I suspect just an oversight, though -- no reason to think those would disappear at least for the Celtics.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Nothing about the traditional St. Patrick's Day alts for Boston and Chicago, not even TBDs. Unless I missed it. (I suspect just an oversight, though -- no reason to think those would disappear at least for the Celtics.)

They will fall under stretch jerseys. (Holidays/Latin nights..etc)
shado_logo.gif

The Nuggets not being listed in Alternate 1 but being listed in Alternate 2 and Pride makes me think that they will possibly get 2 new uniforms this season. A second alternate, maybe a navy version of the current alt and a Mile High Pride jersey??

The catalog has all the changes for the year. If it's not listed, it's not happening. So no, they won't. Also, I think "Alt 2" might mean Home Alt but who knows lol.

Random question but LeBrons high school team was sponsored by adidas, the jersey has the adidas logo on it but what is the tag logo?0e6f69d0-607c-de11-8e13-001cc494dda6_ori

http://goldinauctions.com/ItemImages/000005/5673b_lg.jpeg

OnSports?

What is this similar logo on Jordan's Wizards jersey? Always wondered.

michael_jordan06.jpg

Are you talking about the crescent-moon shaped basketball next to the W?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/219/Washington_Wizards/

He's talking about the ribbon logo, I think.

no,he was talking about the tag on the bottom on Lebron's Jersey

The original poster was about Lebrons tag and the second poster was asking about the ribbon.

I think it's obvious what the ribbon is (even though I was 4 or 5 when they wore it) but I guess it isn't. Seeing as its an American flag pattern and both pictures were taken in 2002/03............... Can you guess?

Are those new numbers and NOB letters on the Rockets primary home and away? They look large and blocky. That looks really bad for the style of uniform and especially with the kind of wordmark being used.

As a Hawks fan, I have two gripes with the new scheme.

1) The shade of the "gold" was going to make or break the rebrand. Anything from classic yellow to maybe a brighter yellow would have been great, but this vomity gold looks bad...at least on the application I'm seeing here.

2) The pac logo just simply isn't made for three colors. The reason the Hawks brand has looked so nice lately is because they've reduced all of their merchandise, marketing, etc to red, white and grey, so the logo looks really simple, bolded. But trying to force the logo into the new color scheme will be a train wreck. As you can see on the pants application, the logo itself is just black and gold. What...are we really picking Saints colors here? And how similar is this to Toronto? I think the gold and black will be extremely over-bearing and nauseating if done wrong, and personally I've lost all trust in NBA officiating and creative services.

Last time they ruined the look by inserting blue which wasn't used since the St Louis days. Now they ruins it with a lime green that was used for 2 brief years in the 70s. If they want to reference these looks it would make sense to do it with one-off alternates and recolors like the Cavs - but it's a shame they're not in their traditional red/yellow for the primaries.

Are those new numbers and NOB letters on the Rockets primary home and away? They look large and blocky. That looks really bad for the style of uniform and especially with the kind of wordmark being used.

The numbers have a silver outline now that I'm not a fan of but I think it unchanged aside from that.

Archived