NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Well, the Cavs' yellows looking good is an opinion that seems to be split 50-50 at best. And no, LeBron having worn them for 30 or so games so far isn't enough to make them iconic. And yes, the Warriors' uniform designs suck. Their colors do about as good a job as possible masking that, though.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cavs' gold jersey would be so much better with a "Cleveland" or "Cavaliers" wordmark instead of "Cavs."

Agreed. Both the gold and navy jerseys should be that way. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the new alternate says "The Land" really big across the front.

The Warriors have the worst identity in the league. I can't stand the giant logo on the jerseys, "bridge" shorts and copperplate font.

The Cavs' gold jersey would be so much better with a "Cleveland" or "Cavaliers" wordmark instead of "Cavs."

'

lex-luthor-wrong.jpg

couldn't agree more. the current jerseys are so bland the fact that they are very colorful only thing keeping them out of the same discussion as Brooklyn
shado_logo.gif

Agreed. Both the gold and navy jerseys should be that way. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if the new alternate says "The Land" really big across the front.

The Warriors have the worst identity in the league. I can't stand the giant logo on the jerseys, "bridge" shorts and copperplate font.

Disagree; The giant logo isn't great, but I think it would look better than a "Warriors" script (maybe?) and definitely a "Golden State" script. The "bridge" shorts are nice as they connect with the logo and I can tolerate the copperplate font as well.

Disagree; The giant logo isn't great, but I think it would look better than a "Warriors" script (maybe?) and definitely a "Golden State" script. The "bridge" shorts are nice as they connect with the logo and I can tolerate the copperplate font as well.

All they need to do is go back to the old "WARRIORS" script,keep the sides and golden gates on the shorts and VOILA!!

2015-03-18-SocialMedia_Shirts_B.jpg

$_3.JPG?set_id=2

shado_logo.gif

Agreed. Give me their home and road primaries, put "Cavaliers" on the gold and dump the blue.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Agreed. Give me their home and road primaries, put "Cavaliers" on the gold and dump the blue.

Agreed, but get rid of that horrid "C" logo as well.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

What's so bad about the yellow jersey saying Cavs? I'd argue that Cavs is used much more than Cavaliers in media/fan discussion. Hell, their primary logo has said Cavs for how many years? Multiple decades at least. To me they're the Cavs on the same level that the 76ers are the Sixers. If anything, I'd get rid of Cavaliers on the white jerseys and add Cavs

Plus, I like the short conciseness of Cavs on the front of the yellow and blue jerseys, to me it looks good.

90758391980.gif

What's so bad about the yellow jersey saying Cavs? I'd argue that Cavs is used much more than Cavaliers in media/fan discussion. Hell, their primary logo has said Cavs for how many years? Multiple decades at least. To me they're the Cavs on the same level that the 76ers are the Sixers. If anything, I'd get rid of Cavaliers on the white jerseys and add Cavs

Plus, I like the short conciseness of Cavs on the front of the yellow and blue jerseys, to me it looks good.

As long as I can remember...they've almost ALWAYS been CAVS (ala Sixers to 76ers,KNICKS to Knickerbockers)

cavs_uniform.jpg

LeBron-CavFanatic.jpg?resize=600%2C482

efh95jn7e1eyl17u3ggg891bn.gif

Cleveland-Cavaliers-1999-2003-Home-Jerse

1987-home.png

People want to moan and cry about tradition all the time on these boards fail to realize the last 40+years they were CAVS. Sure they start reusing Cavaliers back in 2003 when LeBron came along but most fans nowadays relate to Cleveland as the Cavs..from Mark Price all the way to Mr. Triple Double Ricky Davis.

#2 and #5 are my favorite if they went with this design but wine and gold only.

shado_logo.gif

So everybody in Atlanta is freaking out right now about the "new logo" because the media, including the AJC, has done a piss poor job of reporting exactly what it is.

Belief: It's the new logo, designed by new owners, in black and white, and will replace pac logo that we just brought back.

Truth: It's a secondary logo essentially designed only to meet the NBA's ridiculous requirement to have an alternate mark with a ball in it. It's going to be used minimally on uniforms and merchandise, will be in colors, and will not replace the pac logo.

The part in bold is what I'm most curious about. Like I mentioned earlier the flame wings look best in a single color, and looks like it belongs with the Pac logo. They both have that "open ended" thing going on. The wings don't connect, and Pac isn't Pac if the circle is closed.

Another bleeping roundel. Nice work Atlanta. Let's just call the NBA the National Roundel Asssociation.

That belongs to baseball.

Seriously though, the amount of roundels in sports is getting absurd.

Archived