NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Another bleeping roundel. Nice work Atlanta. Let's just call the NBA the National Roundel Asssociation.

NRA? Didn't Gilbert Arenas already bestow that name on the league?

Poor photo, but I found Hawks draft cap:

XanK4n0.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find photo of Clippers cap.

Interesting that it's using "BASKETBALL CLUB" as part of the logo. I think that's a first in the NBA?

Also, odds are, we won't see this logo much. Just the Pacman logo.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me they're the Cavs on the same level that the 76ers are the Sixers.

That's stupid too. It's why I prefer "PHILA" for the 76ers.

The team's name is the "Cavaliers." Not the "Cavs." "Cavaliers" actually means something. "Cavs" is just catchy nonsense.

Another bleeping roundel. Nice work Atlanta. Let's just call the NBA the National Roundel Asssociation.

It could be just an alternate logo.

There's also this one, which could be the primary: just the Pac-Man logo with Atlanta Hawks script...

Hawks-Pac-Man-590x196.png

Also I noticed that Adidas is ripping off the Diamond Era tech from New Era for these hats. :P

Is it really worth getting upset over? It's not like official primaries get much use in the NBA.

The problem is that most primary logos do get used, it's just that the teams that switched (Wizards, Hawks, Raptorts) weren't using them prior to this.

bSLCtu2.png

22578852016.gif22745782016.gif21870342016.gif21956712016.gif
Awesome lol

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif496251272014.gif3084.gif22772822016.gif

Ya know, this would actually be a pretty kickass set of buttons or patches.

That being said, this Clippers thing is absolutely hilarious.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As I said on Twitter, specifically to @SportsLogosNet:

By this this time next year, every team in the NBA will have a roundel as the main logo, except the Bulls.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I am fine with having "Cavs" on the alternate jerseys, but I like being the "Cavaliers." We finally made an identity decision by going back to the original wine and gold and people want them to backtrack to the Mark Price era. I don't see it. The current identity has bland/minimalist uniforms and a confusing use of navy, but it's better than looking like the Knicks.

I, for one, will be pretty disappointed if we don't use any of our primaries in the Finals. If we win it all, I'd like for the Cavs to be wearing a jersey that says "Cleveland" on it at least once in the series.

So the "Knicks" is just catchy nonsense as well and they should have "Knickerbockers" on their jersey? If not, then people are being hypocritical. I'm not quite understanding this anti-"Cavs" thing; especially since they've been using it for most of their brief existence. I do, however, believe that if the Cavaliers want to use "Cavs", it should be with the basketball in the "V". I liked how that looked with their 80's logo and their artistic version in the 90's.

22578852016.gif22745782016.gif21870342016.gif21956712016.gif
Awesome lol

sa3u750436kiqct0v5a9xw6uh.gif496251272014.gif3084.gif22772822016.gif

I'm loving these rounded logos. Perfectly fits basketball clubs.

Back of the Hawks draft cap, maybe showing the uniform wordmarks?

CGTLZetUgAAbMzB.jpg

Also, the Clips draft cap (those damned logos are legit :():

CGTNcSvUkAA4WTF.jpgCGTNczYU8AAVvET.jpg

So no Volt for the Hawks?

I'm shocked the Bucks uni hasn't leaked yet.

Jaguars

Yes, it is a roundel. Which is kind of boring considering the trend as of late.
Still, other than that, I really like it. It is a good mondernised logo.
Only quarrel would be the "Basketball Club" at the bottom. I am not fond of that, but that's just a minor thing.

So I will say: Good job, Hawks.

Archived