Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

joshey    93

New unreleased Hawks' logo has already made it to sponsored McDonald's cups.2cy1vgl.jpg

That new Hawks logo...I'm lovin' it!

100x better than their last identity. Only the hawks, wizards and the bucks have improved their identities this offseason imo

VikWings    497

Is the roundel really necessary? Why not just use the logo that had the name around the side instead of sticking inside the roundel?

TheOldRoman    1,099

Guys, although the Knicks are technically still the Knickerbockers for legal purposes, they are the New York Knicks. They have gone exclusively by "Knicks" for at least thirty years. So that's an entirely different scenario. The Cavaliers have never referred to themselves as the "Cleveland Cavs," even when their logo read Cavs. In every medium of coverage of the team, they are referred to as the Cavaliers formally (though you'll surely get a "Cavs" mention in the midst of a live play). No announcer has called the Knicks the Knickerbockers and no journalist has written about someone signing with the Knickerbockers for a really, really long time.

alxy8s    54

Is the roundel really necessary? Why not just use the logo that had the name around the side instead of sticking inside the roundel?

I like this better. So many teams just throw their word mark below the logo to fulfill the NBA's requirement to include the city and team name. This looks more complete.

CLEstones    251

In my opinion, roundels always belonged in baseball. I thought every team in the MLB should have one. There is something about "City Nickname" on one side and "Baseball Club" on the other side that screamed tradition, tradition that fits so well with basketball.

On the other hang, I always thought the Lakers, Clippers, Pistons, Cavs logos were quintessential NBA logos. They have a basketball, the team name, and maybe a little style to it (sword, smoke, shooting rays, etc.), but that's it. I always thought it was a nice, clean look for every team.

The roundels just don't seem to work in basketball for me... and I'm not sure why. They totally make sense, especially if the NBA mandates a basketball being SOMEWHERE in the primary logo, but they just seem too conservative when the NBA is more of liberal sport when it comes to uniforms. I feel like the roundels don't fit in with the aesthetic of the game or the style of sport that basketball is.

BlackBolt3    1,195

I don't mind the roundels that much. Is everyone doing them? Yes, but they'll rarely get used over the secondary or alternate logo(most times in the primary themselves) and if they do get used, don't look that bad.

PackerFan98    79

I'm scared to see the Hawks uni's. Can't wait till Saturday for the Bucks unveil!

forty9    0

I'm starting to get the impression the Volt color with the Hawks may just be a rumor. No sight of it involved with the new primary or secondary...or on the draft hats. Although I like how clean and simple the red and white look is, I was kind of excited for the volt just for something different.

I'm starting to get the impression the Volt color with the Hawks may just be a rumor. No sight of it involved with the new primary or secondary...or on the draft hats. Although I like how clean and simple the red and white look is, I was kind of excited for the volt just for something different.

Volt is seen on their Christmas uni's

forty9    0

Volt is seen on their Christmas uni's

Good point... Should be interesting!

Griffinmarlins    619

Eh it's the Hawks. They've never really had any reserved uniforms since the 60's. Whatever it is, I'm open for something different. And regardless, I'm gonna buy a jersey.

mbannon92    218

Almost every comment on that post says that the secondary logo is terrible and the Pacman logo should be brought back. People are idiots.

The release should have just said at the end: "The NBA made us create logos that include the team name and a basketball. Hence the above logos. The Pacman logo will be used in 95% of all applications."