NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

File under "NBA Non-Changes 2015-16 Season"

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13015262/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-little-chance-banning-hack-shaq

The Hack-A-Shaq is so disgusting, I'd rather see ads on jerseys than this ridiculous rule being allowed to continue to exist. When Big Men affects the rest of the league, the NBA and the NCAA makes it harder for the Big Men to continue to dominate and make defenders' lives miserable.

http://www.quora.com/Jonathan-Abrams-writes-in-an-article-the-NBA-rules-were-changed-to-make-it-harder-for-three-guys-Bill-Russell-Wilt-Chamberlain-and-Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-What-were-these-specific-rule-changes

Instead of telling Big Men to "just make your free throws" or practice more, why not tell defenders to play better defense, jump higher or grow taller? Disgusting.

File under "NBA Non-Changes 2015-16 Season"

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13015262/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-says-little-chance-banning-hack-shaq

The Hack-A-Shaq is so disgusting, I'd rather see ads on jerseys than this ridiculous rule being allowed to continue to exist. When Big Men affects the rest of the league, the NBA and the NCAA makes it harder for the Big Men to continue to dominate and make defenders' lives miserable.

http://www.quora.com/Jonathan-Abrams-writes-in-an-article-the-NBA-rules-were-changed-to-make-it-harder-for-three-guys-Bill-Russell-Wilt-Chamberlain-and-Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar-What-were-these-specific-rule-changes

Instead of telling Big Men to "just make your free throws" or practice more, why not tell defenders to play better defense, jump higher or grow taller? Disgusting.

You know there is a sports section, right. It's the perfect place to voice your frustration with the hack-a-Shaq method.

The biggest issue they need to address is where the offensive player jumps forward or sideways into the defender to "draw a foul."

Also, there needs to be SOME consistency with the referee crews. The only consistency is that they are inconsistent.

Since you asked, I took the question directly to the league offices. Here was the response I received:

We decided to remove the NBA Playoffs logo from the court for a variety of reasons, including cleaning up the playing surface. Throughout the postseason, the logo will appear on pole pads and seat backs, and on digital LED stanchions and courtside signage. With this added exposure for playoffs branding, we determined the logos on the court were unnecessary.

The whole "unnecessary" part doesn't make much sense to me at all. The LED's and all the other bells and whistles they mentioned may make the experience for someone attending the game, but for the millions more who will be watching on television? They're not going to see much of that, not unless the camera pans out or "hey, look! *insert celebrity here* is attending tonight!" happens. Basically it just sounded like they said "eh, we have enough decor, they'll figure it out", without considering the fact on TV, especially with the Finals patch taking a backseat (pun intended), it seems to have less exposure than it has in a long time. To me, at least.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Since you asked, I took the question directly to the league offices. Here was the response I received:

We decided to remove the NBA Playoffs logo from the court for a variety of reasons, including cleaning up the playing surface. Throughout the postseason, the logo will appear on pole pads and seat backs, and on digital LED stanchions and courtside signage. With this added exposure for playoffs branding, we determined the logos on the court were unnecessary.

The whole "unnecessary" part doesn't make much sense to me at all. The LED's and all the other bells and whistles they mentioned may make the experience for someone attending the game, but for the millions more who will be watching on television? They're not going to see much of that, not unless the camera pans out or "hey, look! *insert celebrity here* is attending tonight!" happens. Basically it just sounded like they said "eh, we have enough decor, they'll figure it out", without considering the fact on TV, especially with the Finals patch taking a backseat (pun intended), it seems to have less exposure than it has in a long time. To me, at least.

I agree. Of the places they have chosen to display the Finals logo this year, the scorer's table is by far the most visible for the TV audience. The problem is they use that space to show so many other things during the game, the logo is only there a very small percentage of the time. I try to be progressive with these things, but I miss the days of the scorer's table showing this for the whole game:

[TV network] -- [Team logo] -- THE [Year] NBA FINALS -- [Team logo] -- [Radio network]

I think the Rockets current primary could benefit more than any other team in a roundel look.

Would be very cool to see someone do concepts for an entire NBA roundel set. I'm all for the soccer club look.

Here's the Rockets logo in the Hawks roundel in 3 variations i made.MiZpETY.pngBxqNKos.png4SHu3iQ.png

Nice edit but THIS below should be the Rockets roundel ...even matches up with the secondary.

What do you think guys? Looks like an Avengers logo with an R.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/are-rockets-teasing-a-logo-change-during-nba-playoffs/

screen-shot-2015-04-28-at-7-22-05-pm.png

I really like this, but i don't know if it can work in 2D. This is what i initially wanted in a roundel/partial roundel with the bottom exhausts shooting out flames that proceed to form the roundel. Not to mention having the rule to add city name and team name. Do you do that on the outside of the roundel because in order to it inside, you have to thicken the line which won't look right with a logo like that in the center. What colors do you do with the negative space? F it, just go gradient haha.

The biggest issue they need to address is where the offensive player jumps forward or sideways into the defender to "draw a foul."

Also, there needs to be SOME consistency with the referee crews. The only consistency is that they are inconsistent.

lol, I wonder why someone from Cleveland would post this... :D

#MozgovDidntTravel

spacer.png

#MozgovDidntTravel

He absolutely did. I believe he hopped twice. That being said, traveling happens on nearly every possession, including Lebron routinely running from the perimeter to dunk without the ball touching the ground. The problem is, like he said, consistency. As much as that was traveling, they could have called traveling 30 other times that game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

#MozgovDidntTravel

He absolutely did. I believe he hopped twice. That being said, traveling happens on nearly every possession, including Lebron routinely running from the perimeter to dunk without the ball touching the ground. The problem is, like he said, consistency. As much as that was traveling, they could have called traveling 30 other times that game.

I don't think anyone could count the number of missed calls in that game... Or any NBA game for that matter.

Thanks Taylor Made.I thought I remember hearing NIKE was close to finalizimg the deal. In that deal some teams would be outfitted by NIKE and some teams by JORDAN brand.

Sorry Teal..but UA won't cut it this time.

I can picture it now. The swoosh or Jordan (Hornets, Bulls, Wizards) logo where the NBA logo used to be and a 2x2 ad on the other side.

Archived