NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Hawks uniforms need to say "HAWKS".

I said the same thing when I first saw them. But then I realized they wanted consistency throughout all the sets, which is why all the jerseys have Atlanta or ATL and each set of shorts has the word Hawks. So each set says Atlanta Hawks from top to bottom. And although it may not be the ideal thing to go with, it's very consistent and it works well enough.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to the Golden State discussion, but has the name "Bay Area Warriors" ever been considered?

Im pretty sure it's been considered, but behind closed doors. The only time I can remember a team considering using the Bay Area moniker was the Earthquakes when they were looking at options outside of San Jose (they were the Golden Bay Quakes in the NASL/Indoor soccer days for a brief period). The idea did not go over well with fans, which I couldn't quite understand. At this point, I think Golden State is simply engrained into the fan base. And to be quite frank, I love it.

Late to the Golden State discussion, but has the name "Bay Area Warriors" ever been considered?

Im pretty sure it's been considered, but behind closed doors. The only time I can remember a team considering using the Bay Area moniker was the Earthquakes when they were looking at options outside of San Jose (they were the Golden Bay Quakes in the NASL/Indoor soccer days for a brief period). The idea did not go over well with fans, which I couldn't quite understand. At this point, I think Golden State is simply engrained into the fan base. And to be quite frank, I love it.
I see. Thanks for the breakdown.

I'm with you, I don't mind the Golden State name, but I could see why it bugs some people. The Warriors most certainly are not California's team. I also think it's a bad idea to just become San Fransisco's team after all the time spent in Oakland. I think Bay Area Warriors fixes a lot of that.

Really, if it wasn't for Sacramento, "Golden State" would be perfectly fine. Los Angeles is its own beast, so if it was just them, the Lakers, and the Clippers, it would make sense to appeal to the many parts of California that don't identify with LA by using "Golden State." But, the existence of Sacramento messes that up.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Nuggets just posted this on instagram. Apparently their "new" uniforms will be unveiled tonight as well.

tumblr_nqigyuj2Ln1qa55jmo1_540_zpswsnxjq

Are these mesh cutouts supposed to represent the Rocky Mountains?

All jokes aside, I didn't notice from the graphics that the collar was updating, as well. Used to have a "D" or "N", but now has a new ball logo(?). It doesn't look the the alternate with pickaxes.

The new Nuggets' font is nice and way better than Aachen Bold, but it looks to be somewhat similar to the Trail Blazers' wordmark font (without the italics) and/or the Lakers NOB font.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nuggets just posted this on instagram. Apparently their "new" uniforms will be unveiled tonight as well.

tumblr_nqigyuj2Ln1qa55jmo1_540_zpswsnxjq

Are these mesh cutouts supposed to represent the Rocky Mountains?

All jokes aside, I didn't notice from the graphics that the collar was updating, as well. Used to have a "D" or "N", but now has a new ball logo(?). It doesn't look the the alternate with pickaxes.

The logo on the collar is the basketball that is used within the pickaxe logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived