Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

^^ That was already mentioned awhile back when the Adidas catalog was accessed by someone on these boards. Also, the yellow alternate is getting slightly tweaked as well.

So how many teams have unique aspects to their jerseys now? Hawks with the triangles and colors, Warriors with the crest, Suns with the rays, Clippers with their atrocities, Magic with their pinstripes, Wizards with their stripes, Wolves with their trees on the side panel, Portland with their stripes, Bucks with their rainbow pattern, Sixers with their stars, Nuggets mountain alt.

Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Spurs and maybe the Pistons can get a pass for having bland jerseys due to tradition, but the Mavs, Pacers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Cavs, Pelicans, Thunder, Raptors, Heat, Nets (although I like their uniforms), Hornets (really missed an opportunity with a honeycomb), Jazz and Kings really need to step it up and make their uniforms more distinct.

I don't think it was ever mentionned here, but I heard somewhere that the Nuggets will also be getting new uniforms. Same logos, same colors, but tweaks to all 3 jerseys.

So here's another to add to the list of changes.

Edit: Right here...

nuggets1.png

Make the numbers white on the away and I'm liking these.

Also, that Charlotte All-star logo is nothing special, should've used some Hornets related imagery, like the honeycomb, for example.

EDIT: Oh, there is one, but it's very well hidden behind all the elements.

Edited by truepg

This seems like the best place to put this ... but with Charlotte named the host of the 2017 All-Star Game here is the logo they've been using during the bid process. Sure it's the bid logo, but I don't see it changing much.

charlotte-allstar.jpg

Has a 90s vibe. That's not a bad thing.

I would be shocked if that turns out to be the logo. During the press conference, they used a placeholder on the background curtain, which was just text. I do think the All-Star text will be similar though.

Hawks uniforms need to say "HAWKS". The volt color is just alright, but what is with that weird :censored: pattern?!

So how many teams have unique aspects to their jerseys now? Hawks with the triangles and colors, Warriors with the crest, Suns with the rays, Clippers with their atrocities, Magic with their pinstripes, Wizards with their stripes, Wolves with their trees on the side panel, Portland with their stripes, Bucks with their rainbow pattern, Sixers with their stars, Nuggets mountain alt.

Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Spurs and maybe the Pistons can get a pass for having bland jerseys due to tradition, but the Mavs, Pacers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Cavs, Pelicans, Thunder, Raptors, Heat, Nets (although I like their uniforms), Hornets (really missed an opportunity with a honeycomb), Jazz and Kings really need to step it up and make their uniforms more distinct.

The ones I bolded are fine. Some of them either connect to their history in a way (Heat, Hornets), some are a new start to their "new" franchises (Nets, Pelicans), and some just look really good (Pacers, Grizzlies).

Late to the Golden State discussion, but has the name "Bay Area Warriors" ever been considered?

I'm probably in the super-uber-minority with this, but I kinda wish the Warriors had gone with "California Warriors" from the get-go. I mean, "Golden State" already says that in its own way, but "California" would've avoided sounding like a mid-major university.

Of course now, "Golden State" has been in use for so long that a change at this junction and time would be a bit weird to take in. So I don't really advocate a change now. I just wish something else would've been adopted from the start.

Hawks uniforms need to say "HAWKS".

I said the same thing when I first saw them. But then I realized they wanted consistency throughout all the sets, which is why all the jerseys have Atlanta or ATL and each set of shorts has the word Hawks. So each set says Atlanta Hawks from top to bottom. And although it may not be the ideal thing to go with, it's very consistent and it works well enough.

Late to the Golden State discussion, but has the name "Bay Area Warriors" ever been considered?

Im pretty sure it's been considered, but behind closed doors. The only time I can remember a team considering using the Bay Area moniker was the Earthquakes when they were looking at options outside of San Jose (they were the Golden Bay Quakes in the NASL/Indoor soccer days for a brief period). The idea did not go over well with fans, which I couldn't quite understand. At this point, I think Golden State is simply engrained into the fan base. And to be quite frank, I love it.

Im pretty sure it's been considered, but behind closed doors. The only time I can remember a team considering using the Bay Area moniker was the Earthquakes when they were looking at options outside of San Jose (they were the Golden Bay Quakes in the NASL/Indoor soccer days for a brief period). The idea did not go over well with fans, which I couldn't quite understand. At this point, I think Golden State is simply engrained into the fan base. And to be quite frank, I love it.
I see. Thanks for the breakdown.

I'm with you, I don't mind the Golden State name, but I could see why it bugs some people. The Warriors most certainly are not California's team. I also think it's a bad idea to just become San Fransisco's team after all the time spent in Oakland. I think Bay Area Warriors fixes a lot of that.

Really, if it wasn't for Sacramento, "Golden State" would be perfectly fine. Los Angeles is its own beast, so if it was just them, the Lakers, and the Clippers, it would make sense to appeal to the many parts of California that don't identify with LA by using "Golden State." But, the existence of Sacramento messes that up.

FYI: New Hornets uniform is unveiled at 7:15 tonight. They've used black for the invite graphic to the Draft Party, so I'd be shocked now if that's not it.

Nuggets just posted this on instagram. Apparently their "new" uniforms will be unveiled tonight as well.

tumblr_nqigyuj2Ln1qa55jmo1_540_zpswsnxjq

Are these mesh cutouts supposed to represent the Rocky Mountains?

All jokes aside, I didn't notice from the graphics that the collar was updating, as well. Used to have a "D" or "N", but now has a new ball logo(?). It doesn't look the the alternate with pickaxes.