NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA Africa game was a mess aesthetically. I like the different team jerseys like the old All-Star game, but the old unis, the superfluous flags on the backside, and some tiny logo on the shoulder (preview of ads perhaps?) were all very distracting.

Above all else though, the game was terrible. Do people really prefer to see half-speed behind-the-back passes and poor defense in all-star games? It's such a waste of exposure for the league playing their first game on a continent.

I fail to see how people consider the Sixers' new set plain compared to their last...

There's barely a difference IMO. It's almost like they just slapped on side panels and called it a day. To me, it's a slight improvement over the old set, but nothing more. They're still bland.

My only thought with the bucks (assuming they're not just VERY late to the BFBS party) is that maybe they're systematically keeping the blue and cream as almost accent colors, without really having a true secondary.. Kinda like they stand by the green, but don't want to push any colors other than their primary, so they settled on a "safe" alt.. I personally think cream would've made for a nice jersey with the green and blue trim, but I'm not sure about blue as the jersey color, and if they're trying to control the use of cream and blue, they could've just thought black was the best way to do that

I fail to see how people consider the Sixers' new set plain compared to their last...

There's barely a difference IMO. It's almost like they just slapped on side panels and called it a day. To me, it's a slight improvement over the old set, but nothing more. They're still bland.

And changed the trim to a more traditional style.

I think it speaks volumes that they're so 'restrained' and I actually think it would have been easier to totally change things up and go crazy than to design something that is flashy (the panels with stars are pretty bold) and traditional / professional (the trim, fonts, etc.)

There's things I would have done differently, and I'm starting to side with those who want "SIXERS" on the home jersey (not because I think the home has to have the nickname, I just think it looks better aesthetically on the white jersey), but I don't see them as "bland" at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NBA Africa game was a mess aesthetically. I like the different team jerseys like the old All-Star game, but the old unis, the superfluous flags on the backside, and some tiny logo on the shoulder (preview of ads perhaps?) were all very distracting.

Above all else though, the game was terrible. Do people really prefer to see half-speed behind-the-back passes and poor defense in all-star games? It's such a waste of exposure for the league playing their first game on a continent.

Sure, you can say it about every All-Star game but since a regular season game is not happening in a forseeable future in Africa, it's better that nothing. Especially since the fans got the Dream Shake. No disrespect for the Bucks but I don't see how such All-Star game is inferior to the Bucks-Knicks game that took place in London.

Sure, you can say it about every All-Star game but since a regular season game is not happening in a forseeable future in Africa, it's better that nothing. Especially since the fans got the Dream Shake. No disrespect for the Bucks but I don't see how such All-Star game is inferior to the Bucks-Knicks game that took place in London.

^^^^Applause^^^^

People are missing the point it's just another opportunity for a brand to be showcased in a location it never usually would be. Like a rare concert at an area that never had an event like it. Not every day a billion dollar corporation can come in to give the people and it's country a taste of what we take for granted. Exhibition or not...it's special to people. Open your eyes.

shado_logo.gif

Hornets jersey was released last year

Yes, but I meant because Nic Batum was just traded there a month ago.

He's a player/employee of Charlotte Hornets now so there is no way he would appear in a Blazers jersey.

it's a lot easier to put numbers and NOB on a jersey already in stock, than to create entirely new jerseys for an exhibition game.

But the Clippers, for example, have already shown off their new jerseys in press conferences. Chris Paul new jerseys exist.

it's a lot easier to put numbers and NOB on a jersey already in stock, than to create entirely new jerseys for an exhibition game.

But the Clippers, for example, have already shown off their new jerseys in press conferences. Chris Paul new jerseys exist.
They only showed off white ones, no colored ones have been released yet.

Archived