Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

3,490 posts in this topic

From the mothership, the Bucks black alternate leaks in a much clearer picture:

Bucks-Alternate-590x786.png

I already thought that the Bucks rebrand was highly overrated and this just puts the nail in that sentiment.

This is atrocious.

1 person likes this

IMO it's the most overrated rebrand in my 11 years on these boards.

2 people like this

From the mothership, the Bucks black alternate leaks in a much clearer picture:

Bucks-Alternate-590x786.png

The more I see the new Bucks set, the more I dislike it. I primarily blame the royalblueouttanowhere. It's like the NBA's version of the Arizona Cardinals' gray facemask.

1 person likes this

Man there is a lot of hate going on for this rebrand. Still one of the best out there period. Blue is still small but random. This Black uniform could have been alot better if they use the same format as the old 96 alternate. BUCKS big logo and number underneath.

BucksBigBuck_original_display_image_crop

Still though it's almost EXACTLY the same as Golden State's uniforms. Big chest logo and small numbers..

Man there is a lot of hate going on for this rebrand. Still one of the best out there period. Blue is still small but random. This Black uniform could have been alot better if they use the same format as the old 96 alternate. BUCKS big logo and number underneath.

BucksBigBuck_original_display_image_crop

I was kinda thinking the same thing. At least then, it would seem there'd be a reason for that kind of a design altogether.

As it is now, the black alternate fell super flat on its face and docked the Bucks below the 76ers in my favorite rebrands of the year. However, I still stand by my opinion that the home and road are spectacular.

Watching the NBA Africa game, Paul is wearing the old blue Clippers jersey! Change of mind perhaps?

I'm sure the above comment was in jest, but the Clippers, Bucks, 76ers, and Nuggets jerseys being used are all last year's version.

Mutumbo's wearing the Nuggets' skyline jersey while The Dream is wearing the old red and gold Rockets jersey.

Don't understand why they're using old jerseys for the Africa Game. Nic Batum is in his new Hornets jersey. There was obviously time. Maybe so the "omg what team is that?"-shock that some casual fans have doesn't happen in this game and is reserved for regular season?

Mutumbo's wearing the Nuggets' skyline jersey while The Dream is wearing the old red and gold Rockets jersey.

That's interesting, I always associated Mutombo with the Navy/Red/Gold set.

02_Nuggets_SuperSonics.jpg

2 people like this

1438398446-media.jpg

Another NBA Live 16 screenshot..76ers home uni looks good but still kinda plain.

1 person likes this

The NBA Africa game was a mess aesthetically. I like the different team jerseys like the old All-Star game, but the old unis, the superfluous flags on the backside, and some tiny logo on the shoulder (preview of ads perhaps?) were all very distracting.

Above all else though, the game was terrible. Do people really prefer to see half-speed behind-the-back passes and poor defense in all-star games? It's such a waste of exposure for the league playing their first game on a continent.

1438398446-media.jpg

Another NBA Live 16 screenshot..76ers home uni looks good but still kinda plain.

Looks gorgeous to me

I fail to see how people consider the Sixers' new set plain compared to their last...

I fail to see how people consider the Sixers' new set plain compared to their last...

There's barely a difference IMO. It's almost like they just slapped on side panels and called it a day. To me, it's a slight improvement over the old set, but nothing more. They're still bland.

My only thought with the bucks (assuming they're not just VERY late to the BFBS party) is that maybe they're systematically keeping the blue and cream as almost accent colors, without really having a true secondary.. Kinda like they stand by the green, but don't want to push any colors other than their primary, so they settled on a "safe" alt.. I personally think cream would've made for a nice jersey with the green and blue trim, but I'm not sure about blue as the jersey color, and if they're trying to control the use of cream and blue, they could've just thought black was the best way to do that

1438398446-media.jpg

It's just a retro uni, nothing more.

There's barely a difference IMO. It's almost like they just slapped on side panels and called it a day. To me, it's a slight improvement over the old set, but nothing more. They're still bland.

And changed the trim to a more traditional style.

I think it speaks volumes that they're so 'restrained' and I actually think it would have been easier to totally change things up and go crazy than to design something that is flashy (the panels with stars are pretty bold) and traditional / professional (the trim, fonts, etc.)

There's things I would have done differently, and I'm starting to side with those who want "SIXERS" on the home jersey (not because I think the home has to have the nickname, I just think it looks better aesthetically on the white jersey), but I don't see them as "bland" at all.