NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I should have posted this in this thread.

Hawks owner and CEO Steve Koonin has been hinting at a rebrand for a while. Last night he told a local radio show, when asked why there hasn't been a lot of new Pac-logo apparel available, that "the Pac logo is about to replace the old Hawk logo" and that there are "big, secret changes in the works."

We've also heard mention of uniform concepts and outlandish court concepts from Koonin when he was interviewed for an ESPN feature earlier this year, and there's a board member here at CCSLC who has a lot of credibility and says the team is making a color change.

To reply to Fifty, I think when Koonin took over as CEO a few years ago he wanted to get this in the works. It's been a process. We saw the new logo released out of nowhere in the playoffs last year. We're phasing, that's for sure

So, am I too late to join the hatewagon for the new Raptors logo? It's really disappointing how they went from one of the most fun and unique logos in the NBA to competing with the Brooklyn Nets for the most boring sports logo ever.

Also, is there any word on whether the Timberwolves are planning a rebrand? Because now seems like the perfect time for a change.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

When do the Sixers switch again?

76ers switch next season for sure.

wait a second..Minnesota is changing too? (Google search party initiated)

So, am I too late to join the hatewagon for the new Raptors logo? It's really disappointing how they went from one of the most fun and unique logos in the NBA to competing with the Brooklyn Nets for the most boring sports logo ever.

Its never too late to hate on that dreadful logo.

459ce17e20c176c2f520f725554d13b2e25a8b76

shado_logo.gif

I'm actually scared at what the Sixers might do. I'd definitely take the boring unis they have now over something crazy and ugly. I'm hoping for something in between the 80s set and the AI rookie set.

All I ask is that they do not touch the logo. (The basketball itself, don't care about the stupid Philadelphia box)

Archived