NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Milwaukee Bucks 1987-1988 uniforms

16496431505_4aa9a993d0_b.jpg

From Kodrinsky's uniform database. All Milwaukee got to do is update these uniforms just a tad. And voila. They can try to play with the color scheme to incorporate gold/purple maybe blue.. but THIS SHOULD BE THE TEMPLATE!

It really is as simple as updating these. I've wondered what something like that might look like if they used dark green and lime as the primary colors and purple as only a trim color.

I'd agree, but keep the red trim (specifically as trim/outlines on the wordmarks, numbers, panels, and collars/arms/hems). I don't get why everybody hates red as a trim color for the Bucks (aside from LOL XMAS, which is just silly), even to the point of suggesting colors that have no history with the team, like orange. I've always felt that red worked wonderfully with all of their sets that had it, and that removing red on the above set was a massive downgrade for the them. Just make sure not to have a red alt (for reasons revolving around a certain team in Chicago), keep the Irish Rainbow pattern, and they should be fine.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Clippers getting new uniforms as well or just logo change?

Isn't there a rule that says a logo has to be in place x number of years before a change? Isn't that why the Wizards and Hawks technically haven't changed primary logos yet?

I thought it was because the NBA requires teams to pay a ridicules sum of money to change the primary. Money that could be used for other things.

Define "ridiculous sum"? You'd imagine the NBA would want teams like the Wizards to escape from their hideous old logo.

$500,000 IIRC?

But, I doubt the change rules apply for the Clippers since their last change was a tweak more than anything.

Hmm, $500,000 seems like it would be pocket change for a logo. Teams waive millions of dollars each year just to get rid of players. Maybe there's a hard rule we don't know about.

I just keep this handy now so I don't have to hunt every year when the $500,000 question comes up:

I went ahead and found an old post of mine that quotes and links to other posts about the $500,000 change fee.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/73006-official-2010-11-utah-jazz-logo-leaked/?findpost=1321158

As far as the colors, spread evenly like they are in the squares posted, they're a mess, but Milwaukee had a nice blue-green-gold combo in the '90s with the Brewers, so if the Bucks limit black to trim (or maybe a BFBS alt at worst), it might not be so bad.

If the Bucks do re-brand, a lime alternate would be wonderful!

I would say a re-brand is a lock at this point. Before a (potential) new stadium, so easy to outfit to the redesigned look during construction and move in. New owners, new vision. "Own the future" montra. I would be very surprised to see anything but a major overhaul.

If anything, the Bucks are doing the right thing by at least testing out the awesome old school looks. It reminds me of the hawks current Pacman rebrand where they eased in the logo to see what fans think. If things go well with sales of old school merchandise as compared to current merchandise, it will absolutely happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a new alternate logo before a rebrand.

If the Bucks do re-brand, a lime alternate would be wonderful!

I would say a re-brand is a lock at this point. Before a (potential) new stadium, so easy to outfit to the redesigned look during construction and move in. New owners, new vision. "Own the future" montra. I would be very surprised to see anything but a major overhaul.

I hope it will be for the 15/16 season but we have not heard anything yet so I have my doubts.

Jaguars

The Bucks should capitalize on the lack of green in the NBA. The Mavs abandoned it years ago. The Wolves got rid of it, then had bits of it again for a season or 2, and dropped it again. Utah doesn't use it much. It's pretty much just the Celtics. Take it and make your own brand Buckos.

Also- the new Suns' sleeved alt would look fantastic without the sleeves. Love the font and the way the orange and black pop off the grey.

Phoenix-Suns-Gray-F.png

sig.png

The Bucks should capitalize on the lack of green in the NBA. The Mavs abandoned it years ago. The Wolves got rid of it, then had bits of it again for a season or 2, and dropped it again. Utah doesn't use it much. It's pretty much just the Celtics. Take it and make your own brand Buckos.

Also- the new Suns' sleeved alt would look fantastic without the sleeves. Love the font and the way the orange and black pop off the grey.

Phoenix-Suns-Gray-F.png

Definitely, the NBA or major American sports in general need more green. I believe only 9/122 teams in the big four use green at all. (Not counting Teal or other green mixes)

B-t7fphXIAADUsO.jpg

Nicely done. It does look a whole lot better actually. You should take as stab at the Bucks logo/colors based on the info in this thread.

I wish the Bucks dropped the silver and just used forest green, red, and white. s'all you need.

I wish they dropped the RED. Green purple and silver is a great and unique color palette. Red and Green belong to Christmas.

I agree that Milwaukee should not be red and green. However, I don't like the notion that the color combo "belongs" to Christmas. Black and orange are Halloween colors but they still look good together.

I can't help but think that Phoenix set would look better with orange as the primary letter/number color.

Or a thicker orange outline.

It looks okay, at best. I just hate the common theme of deviating from a team's identity (and so soon after the rebrand).

I never liked gray in their sets anyway. That former orange alternate was always awful, to me--and only because of the gray panels, otherwise it would be beautiful (if they were purple.)

What's so bad about Purple, Orange, Black, White?

Teams are always trying to do too much.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived