NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic that the franchise whose GM was screaming ":censored: Brooklyn" during the playoffs last year is now blatantly ripping off the Nets' logo and uniforms.

Toronto's the NYC of Canada, Drake's the successor of Jay-Z in terms of both being on top of the rap game and being an NBA team's hip hop brand ambassador, and now this.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The Raptors mock ups aren't bad, but the logo below the number is weird and unnecessary. The alternates, especially the drake version, should be a different template. Actually, there should only be one alternate anyways. No reason to have the same black jersey but with gold replacing red. Still can't believe a NBA team is actually paying money to replace their primary logo and that is what the Raptors came up with.

Ironic that the franchise whose GM was screaming ":censored: Brooklyn" during the playoffs last year is now blatantly ripping off the Nets' logo and uniforms.

It's obvious the fans want purple back. Maybe an ownership group should listen for a change. This potential Nets ripoff set is pure trash. I don't see how anyone could possibly think that is an upgrade to what they have now.

So essentially both Atlanta and Houston will simultaneously return to the yellow and red combo from the 1990s.

Very cool and much longed for.

Where did you see that? Everything I've seen on this board says the Hawks are going with red/black/volt.

Isn't volt essentially "gold" or "yellow"?

So essentially both Atlanta and Houston will simultaneously return to the yellow and red combo from the 1990s.

Very cool and much longed for.

Where did you see that? Everything I've seen on this board says the Hawks are going with red/black/volt.

Isn't volt essentially "gold" or "yellow"?

It's highlighter yellow. A far cry from "the yellow and red combo of the 1990s."

It's trend jumping. I know you don't care for the Nets' look, but it did sell incredibly well. So now the Raptors are trying to emulate that. It's like when nearly half the league jumped on double blue.

It's a shame too. These mockups are just so lifeless. The current/soon to be former set wasn't perfect, but it's unique. I would rather they just stay put aesthetics wise.

I was willing to give the basket-claw a chance at first, but seeing it on this mockup of the Raptors' new set, I think it's garbage:

New-Toronto-Raptors-Uniforms-2015-2016.j

I love minimalism, but there's a line you tread between minimalism and boring. The Nets have been able to strip everything down into a nice black and white minimalist look, but with a team as historically wild as the Raptors, this just looks boring. I also doubt that many people who haven't seen the logo up close will be able to tell what it is when watching these uniforms. My ideal Raptors look uses the color scheme of TCU's Pro Combat uni (with maybe a tiny bit more red, but only as trim) and features a raptor head (if not body as well) as the primary and a claw as the secondary.

Awful, just awful. And somehow I have the feeling that these mockups will end up looking better than the real thing.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

I was willing to give the basket-claw a chance at first, but seeing it on this mockup of the Raptors' new set, I think it's garbage:

New-Toronto-Raptors-Uniforms-2015-2016.j

I love minimalism, but there's a line you tread between minimalism and boring. The Nets have been able to strip everything down into a nice black and white minimalist look, but with a team as historically wild as the Raptors, this just looks boring. I also doubt that many people who haven't seen the logo up close will be able to tell what it is when watching these uniforms. My ideal Raptors look uses the color scheme of TCU's Pro Combat uni (with maybe a tiny bit more red, but only as trim) and features a raptor head (if not body as well) as the primary and a claw as the secondary.

Awful, just awful. And somehow I have the feeling that these mockups will end up looking better than the real thing.

Well, Drake is the Chinese knockoff of Jay Z, so these make "sense". Crappy copy of rapper = Crappy copy of Nets Uni's.

Sixers just unvelied new mascot, Franklin the Dog. Kinda weird, but much better than Hip Hop, the ghetto rabbit.

Voila_Capture-2015-02-10_01-19-19_PM.jpgHip-Hop-the-Rabbit2.jpg

Is it just me or does it feel like Phily has had more mascots than any other team in the league?

This will be their 3rd mascot I beleive,

before hip hop, they had big shot lol

bigshot.jpg

Archived