NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Plus the sublimated tree in the howling wolf looks awkward.

I think that's one of the best parts of the logo.

The white that highlights the tree needs to be filled in or something? It's not very sublimated because it really pops out too well.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ian can plug, I'll do the same ;)

My concept for the primary once the monument/ball came out:

CCo5o7NUwAIefXq.png

Takes care of the "yet another roundel" problem, no?

Some NBA fan Twitter account used your concept in place of the Wizards' actual primary after their Game 1 victory, Conrad. Thought it was odd.

Here's a link: https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/589512217596395520

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

I generally dislike doing shameless self-plugs, but I felt it was appropriate here:

14296689238_522b8fce5c_c.jpg

Just darken the blue to a navy shade (eliminating the need for black), then inject some kelly green where applicable, and you've got a stew going!

Did you ever do one where the ball was white?

Getting rid of green was an absolutely stupid move by the organization. Their logos look a million times better with a splash of green thrown in.

100% agree. Green was a great secondary color that lightened the whole set and further connected them with the Forrest imagery the push so much. It also was a nice unique color scheme. They should really go back.

Wait so, why wasn't there an NBA Playoffs logo on any court today ? Not since the '80s has a playoff court been without it...

They moved it to the underside of the floor

What's that supposed to mean?

They moved all the NBA logos to the back. ;)

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Absolutely no reason why the T'Wolves would mess with their color scheme even more than they already have.

Most Wolves fans that I know think that the current colors are boring and think the uniforms look like something the WNBA would use. I see way more people sporting the old school look.

Most Wolves fans that I know think that the current colors are boring and think the uniforms look like something the WNBA would use. I see way more people sporting the old school look.

Which old look? The KG-era set or the inaugural set? The only thing worth salvaging from the inaugural set is the beautiful logo and usage of green, IMO.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Been reading on this forum for years, hiding in the shadows, but now with all the NBA news, I'd like to share some thoughts of mine.

1. Washington Wizards
Logo's a huge upgrade. Looks clean and nicely executed. Also, I have no problem with roundels, even though I despise Starbucks wholeheartedly. (Yes, Sonics fan)

2. Milwaukee Bucks
I like what they've done here. I dig the color scheme, but then again I see why people long for the Irish rainbow and shades of green. For me, having been introduced to the league in the mid-90s, I do not have that connection. The first time I saw the Bucks they were sporting those purple jerseys, so that is what stuck with me. That and the deer jersey - I am very fond of that one and other "out there" designs of that decade, but I can also see how some people look back at them and find them atrocious. I kind of wish that one or two teams would dare to think a bit outside the box again and "risk" something. Failure's a possibility, but I think it could be worth it. Not everything needs to be minimal. But I digress. Good job by the Bucks. Only the blue looks out of place (just in a color sense), although it's kind of cool how they integrated it in the map logo. It will only be an accent color anyway.

3. LA Clippers
Failed. Yes, they are much in need of a rebrand but what we've seen so far ... oh boy. The black is coming out of nowhere and makes it look poor. The logo is weak ( I am also seeing EA Sports game logos in there, or maybe the NBA Playoffs logo). I like that they were going for something else, but, no, it did not work. For some reason, in the LAC logo, I am always seeing the Cubs, somehow. I don't know, it's a wasted chance. I cannot see this looking any good once we get a look at the finished products in real life.

4. Toronto Raptors:
Not a big fan of anything that we've seen so far. At all. Poor logo and the purple's truly missing. Again, I am a 90s kid, hence my love for that part of the Raptors' identity. I think the team would benefit from a reintroduction of that color greatly, people would still know they're from Canada, and it would connect with the franchise's early days. I expect nothing much from the uniforms, I fear it will be along the lines of what the Nets did.

5. Minnesota Timberwolves
What they need is not a new shade of blue (perhaps a little darker, but not necessarily) - they need to bring back the green.

I am eager to see what the Hawks will come up with. The volt might spell doom, but correctly applied it might end up looking great. I much prefer the 90s/early 2000s color scheme over the navy of today.

Milwaukee's new logos really bug me. The buck looks a bit too clip art-ish and all the angles and curves make it look like a first draft or something. Plus, that angular green plate behind the "Milwaukee Bucks" wordmark just doesn't work at all inside a roundel. That's my opinion, at least. This whole thing is reeaaalllly ugly for me. I like the colors though.

kGFTWyb.png

I feel like there's been a lot of really crummy design in the NBA lately, at least to my eye. I just see a lot of missed opportunities all over the place, or designs that look pretty good but just a few tweaks away from amazing. Makes my brain itch.

kGFTWyb.png

Maybe the Timberwolves are dropping black and the Clippers are picking it right up? Looks like Navy, Tealish/Maybe their same shade of blue, Silver, and White to me. Almost everything on their website is colored like that and this logo is hosted on some nba website. Never seen it colored like this, but maybe this is just from some old promo or something.

myaccount-mobile-logo-150121.png

I love this logo, but that color treatment just isn't doing it for me. It looks washed-out.

I agree. It's very dull.

Add green in there, and I think you have a winner honestly.

White basketball makes sense, with the white moon being howled at...just make the trees green and call it a day

Tried it out, doesn't look too bad.

Minnesota_Timberwolves2.jpg

But personally, I think just replacing the black with navy works best.

Minnesota_Timberwolves1.jpg

Winner. See, designs like this make me so upset that professional sports teams use logos and uniforms that are so inferior to many of the designs that people come up with on here. I'd be surprised if the Wolves ever look this good.

kGFTWyb.png

Winner. See, designs like this make me so upset that professional sports teams use logos and uniforms that are so inferior to many of the designs that people come up with on here. I'd be surprised if the Wolves ever look this good.

That's because people on here don't have clients.

The world would be a much more beautiful place without clients...

Maybe the Timberwolves are dropping black and the Clippers are picking it right up? Looks like Navy, Tealish/Maybe their same shade of blue, Silver, and White to me. Almost everything on their website is colored like that and this logo is hosted on some nba website. Never seen it colored like this, but maybe this is just from some old promo or something.

myaccount-mobile-logo-150121.png

I love this logo, but that color treatment just isn't doing it for me. It looks washed-out.

I agree. It's very dull.

Add green in there, and I think you have a winner honestly.

White basketball makes sense, with the white moon being howled at...just make the trees green and call it a day

Tried it out, doesn't look too bad.

Minnesota_Timberwolves2.jpg

But personally, I think just replacing the black with navy works best.

Minnesota_Timberwolves1.jpg

I really like both of these, but the grey leaving the logo is upsetting me. The new lighter grey I've seen isn't as sharp.

Archived