2015 High School football

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesuit High School (New Orleans) recently announced a move back to white shelled helmets after donning blue shells for 30 years. The Blue Jays won their first football state championship since the 1960s last season in Louisiana's Division I (top division for private and selective enrollment schools). Apparently, Jesuit wore white helmets through the 1950s, 60s and 70s, switching to blue in the early 1980s.

OLD:

JesuitPlayersCelebrateRummelWin112914DeM

thumbs_football-2014_week8_jhs7vrummel10

NEW

JesuitWhiteHelmetSideView061215.jpg

JesuitWhiteHelmetFrontView061215.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

I'm going to veer this off into comments better-suited for the Concepts forum, but oh well.

[...]

I assume the purple one on the right was a throwback?

The canary is what we have worn the past 6 or 7 years and was loved by the HC, but not anyone else.

Hanford2013-Reverse-Revo_by_rezland-d4mv

I know I'm late to this thread but I've just now seen it. I really like that "canary" logo, but I agree that it doesn't fit perfectly on that helmet. It seems like a great logo to have on the sleeves though (sans wordmark). In which case you could just use an H for the helmet logo, to avoid the two different birds clashing. But I see that you're going with the new bird logo, so I guess my idea would only be able to work as a fauxback.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

The coach of Corona del Sol high school contacted me the other day to ask if they could use some of the logo's I designed a couple years ago, so here Corona's new look.

Corona%20Del%20Sol%20Logo%20Family_zpsmh

Full Project

Heres their current logo for reference

oJYHTbwL_400x400.jpeg

Congrats, man. I'll be curious to see how that translates to a football uniform. I'm thinking the A logo on the helmet and the C logo on the sleeves or vice versa. The primary looks like something that could represent the program on websites, programs, etc.

XCUfRbB.jpg

I had to do a double-take after seeing this image because the second high school I went to is the Raiders (Rockledge, FL) and are also red white and powder blue. I was wondering if that's how they look now, but they've never had a red monochrome uniform, nor have they used that block R, so I guess they just have some doppelgangers in Louisiana.

Sorry for the triple post, but I'd have spaced them throughout the thread if I'd been following it from the start.

XCUfRbB.jpg

The coach of Corona del Sol high school contacted me the other day to ask if they could use some of the logo's I designed a couple years ago, so here Corona's new look.

Corona%20Del%20Sol%20Logo%20Family_zpsmh

Full Project

Heres their current logo for reference

oJYHTbwL_400x400.jpeg

Honestly blows what the past logo had. Now only if my alma mater(Independence which is in the same metro area) would create a logo that would fit modernly

I had to do a double-take after seeing this image because the second high school I went to is the Raiders (Rockledge, FL) and are also red white and powder blue. I was wondering if that's how they look now, but they've never had a red monochrome uniform, nor have they used that block R, so I guess they just have some doppelgangers in Louisiana.

Sorry for the triple post, but I'd have spaced them throughout the thread if I'd been following it from the start.

Interesting. That's Archbishop Rummel High from Metairie, LA (just outside of New Orleans). They and Jesuit are 2 of the traditional powers from the "Catholic League" in the New Orleans Area.

gYH2mW9.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its official, this is the 2015 Hanford Falcon helmet, and the youth league in Richland has become Jr Falcon, Jr Bomber Football making the school boundries the divider.

Hanford-Hlogo-Revo-10-black-prpl-right_z

Hanford-Falcon-Elements_zps1qpk8zoj.png

Falcon-Pants_zpsxpxqs836.png

What uniform brand is that?

Its official, this is the 2015 Hanford Falcon helmet, and the youth league in Richland has become Jr Falcon, Jr Bomber Football making the school boundries the divider.

Hanford-Hlogo-Revo-10-black-prpl-right_z

Hanford-Falcon-Elements_zps1qpk8zoj.png

Falcon-Pants_zpsxpxqs836.png

What uniform brand is that?

Its my apparel line. I have created cycling and track apparel for a decade... first foray into football. They arrive Wednesday, Ill post the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived