Caracan Logo C&C request

Sharpir0

Hi All

Have been working on a Caracan (cat) log for the last couple of days. Think its mostly there part from the wordmark but having issues getting the hair on the ear correct. Having looked at it for a while I think it needs a fresh pair of eyes. Any c&c's you may have about the logo or resolving the ear would be really useful.

Thanks

Caracalslogo_zps45y1okur.png

Hi Chuck thanks for your comment. Yeah i've faded it, added noise and spot lighted the colour slightly as a watermark of sorts. Think I remember there being people talking about vultures stealing work from the site so can never be to careful. Such a shame when its such a great site.

I think the hair on the ear works well enough (may need to be slightly longer and swept back more), but I agree the eye needs work. Even a small white mark in the blue, to indicate that it can see, would help. When working with a natural subject like this, reference to a photo is invaluable.

By the way, excellent work! You are 95%+ the way there!

.2079917393_19b49c63ff_z.jpg?zz=1

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Hi Chuck thanks for your comment. Yeah i've faded it, added noise and spot lighted the colour slightly as a watermark of sorts. Think I remember there being people talking about vultures stealing work from the site so can never be to careful. Such a shame when its such a great site.

Absolutely, you're smart to do that. I don't cause I use paint so no real use for my work.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Here's my latest update that have included some of your suggested updates. Quite a few changes have been made though some may look relatively minor.

I've uploaded a version with and without and eye (either way eye has been modded, thanks Sportsherald for the reference). Not sure if it makes it all a bit busy. My thought throughout has been to use as simple as possible geometry but who knows!

Again any C&C's are welcome and also apologies for the watermarks if they impede the view to much!

Thanks again for your help

carcalsEye_zps1puv7yu1.jpg?t=1423523294

carcalsnoEye_zpsw66mztjq.jpg

Archived