FAKING IT: TSN documentary on counterfeiting

nash61

Most of you speed.

Your point? Two wrongs don't make a right, and speeding doesn't fund overseas organized crime.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of you speed.

Your point? Two wrongs don't make a right, and speeding doesn't fund overseas organized crime.

That's a joking reference to the very long original counterfeit thread (Loogodude)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Most of you speed.

That's a joking reference to the very long original counterfeit thread (Loogodude)

What even was his argument there? That most people speed therefore it's acceptable to break the law in other ways? Was that it?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Most of you speed.

What even was his argument there? That most people speed therefore it's acceptable to break the law in other ways? Was that it?

Yeah;;;I guess that was not as well-remembered as I thought. It was made by one guy (Loogodude).

"OK, so it's illegal. Do you speed? That's illegal too."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Hell I remember it, the guy is in my signature lol!

Oh yeah; I knew you remembered him, Charjerk.

POTD (Shared)

Awesome! I completely forgot about Charjerk!

FYI, that was me asking about the Flyers Cup patch on your blog.

1. I have always remembered it because it was so dumb, I laughed out loud.

2. I have no blog. You must have me confused with someone else.

POTD (Shared)

Awesome! I completely forgot about Charjerk!

FYI, that was me asking about the Flyers Cup patch on your blog.

1. I have always remembered it because it was so dumb, I laughed out loud.

2. I have no blog. You must have me confused with someone else.

Ah, I though you were thirdstringgoalie

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I think that may be spyboy or something like that; also a Minnesota guy.

POTD (Shared)

the majority of us here could counterfeit autographs if we wanted to, but none of us would

I also dont understand the market for autographs. what's the point of having one if you dont have the experience of meeting the player? one of the best autographs i have was ben scrivens signing my leafs jersey outside blue cross arena after the marlies swept the amerks.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Didn't feel the need to make another thread about this, but potential 175 years in prison becomes 3 years probation with 60 days house arrest?

http://www.tsn.ca/faking-it-follow-up-caught-in-china-1.212069

Also seriously doubt the fines or restitution is even close to his profit. Not sure this is going to deter sellers of counterfeits.

Didn't feel the need to make another thread about this, but potential 175 years in prison becomes 3 years probation with 60 days house arrest?

Because the father probably wasn't as involved as the kid is. His sentencing is in April.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

the majority of us here could counterfeit autographs if we wanted to, but none of us would

I also dont understand the market for autographs. what's the point of having one if you dont have the experience of meeting the player? one of the best autographs i have was ben scrivens signing my leafs jersey outside blue cross arena after the marlies swept the amerks.

I totally agree with this. An autograph ruins the jersey it's on.

My eBay searches always include the terms -signed and -autographed

I have a Leafs ticket from my brother that he got signed by Johnny Bower. Cool as it is, it means a whole lot more to him than it ever will to me, so I am going to give it back to him. I have a photo signed by Cam Talbot and a shirt signed by the entire Toronto Marlies team, both of which mean a lot more to me because of the memories associated with getting them signed.

If I wasn't there when it got signed, it means nothing to me.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I honestly think it is at the point that the leagues are losing money in the attempt to protect their IP.

I think they're gonna start lobbying Congress to have take taxpayers money to protect their IP.

Not sure if you are serious about this, but pretty sure congress would laugh at them.

Uh no congress will listen to anything if the price is right. Anyone remember SOPA? It was drafted by the entertainment industry to grant them the authority to subpoena records and take down entities completely on their own volition who they deemed culpable in IP piracy. It almost passed.

Yup. Also, in one of the videos, didn't they say that they didn't have the power to stop the counterfeit jerseys or something? Then the person said that there's something in the works at Parliament so that they would have to power to confiscate (or prosecute?) these imports or something. I'm sure Parliament has better things to do, so someone must've gotten their reps to listen. (Not bribed; is there lobbying in Canada as there is in the United States?)

• 1 month later...

Archived