marble21

Still working on McLaren but I am happier with the direction it is headed in. Thanks for the C&C which has been the catalyst for this.

Sahara Force India F1

I wasn't the biggest fan of Force India going to a mainly black car in 2014. I was even more unhappy with the livery they unveiled for 2015. It lost everything that was unique about them. You could put the 2015 livery on any car from any country and it wouldn't be too out of place. It feels too safe. So I reverted back to the design style they sported in 2013 and earlier. I'm not 100% happy with my execution on this concept but I imagine most people will get the idea with the colours used. It is obviously meant to reflect the Indian flag in case you weren't aware. Google VJM06 if you want to see a better visualisation.

nLq3sHM.png

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see some F1 on here.

I used to draw some concept liveries on a Ferrari F60 back in 2012.

Will get Photoshop back out :D

I can't seem to post any images using the images or links button above - do I have to make a few posts before it will accept them?

My old website & drawing concepts can be accessed through my Profile.

I like all of your cars so far. Ferrari looks like a Ferrari should look. Reminds me of my early days. I really love your red-whiteMcLaren concept. I was hoping that they would go that route even though it's Marlboros design.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I really like the use of that pattern on the Force India car. It really screams, "India" far more than their previous liveries.

Also, I just noticed the Tim Hortons F1 team. I don't know if there's a campaign to actually get a Canadian F1 team on the grid, but if there is, I'll donate what I can immediately. Maybe have Wickens and Hinchcliffe as the drivers?

Thanks for the comments. I don't think any of my individual concepts are jaw dropping, it's more about creating an entire grid with solid looks throughout. I will probably post a photo of all the cars at the end to show this.

Anyway, bonus time. 2001 Jaguar and Jordan.

Jaguar had a lot of important pieces put in place to create a truly great team. They lacked leadership though and it was never clear who was actually running the team and making the important decisions. Think of Mercedes' first year of their return when Ross Brawn's future was uncertain. On the other hand, Jordan were spear headed by the passion and commitment of Eddie Jordan. They were a well run team who could never quite challenge the financial might of the big boys on the grid. Imagine if it was possible to combine the good parts of both teams? Something I have often wondered.

Anyway, the designs. These are pretty much just the 2001 designs translated straight onto the 2015 template - with some minor logo updates. I loved how Jaguar brought back the British Racing Green to F1. The Jaguar logo fitted perfectly on the bodywork of the car. Jordan designed several of their cars around the idea of Bitten Heroes, Buzzin Hornets and Bitten & Hisses as a way around the tobacco laws in certain countries for their main sponsor Benson and Hedges cigarettes. The Bitten Heroes one was my favourite. F1 could always do with another yellow and black car too (wink wink Haas wink wink).

XVprJDq.png

HEJXpKZ.png

Nearly there everyone. Practise for the Aussie GP starts tomorrow.

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Overall, I quite like the look of the Toro Rosso. It feels like a more sophisticated Red Bull. However, the difference between the two sometimes makes me feel like the Toro Rosso is a knock off of the Red Bull. I tried to make the two more similar but with Toro Rosso still being instantly recognisable. This was done with the vegas gold. Other than that, not much to see here.

nUPA3D8.png

I also always liked the Toro Rosso paints. Looked like a cooler version of the RB cars. Your work on Jaguar and Jordan brings back some memories. I especially like what you did with Jordan's nose.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Lotus F1

Again, another livery I am a fan of. I only modified it slightly to look more similar to the john player special lotus cars, which of course were driven by many great drivers such as Senna and Andretti. The inclusion of a little bit of red is to tie it into the current design. Not much to see here really.

Sn5K50I.png

Sauber

Penultimate car now. Again, not much to add. I quite like the Banco do Brasil sponsorship. It is a common sponsorship in many levels of open wheel motorsport. A bit of yellow onto the grid is always good too. I just don't like the nose or mirrors of the actual 2015 car. I added a white nose reminiscent of Saubers from years gone by. It would have been nice to add a little teal. But that was from a Petronas sponsorship who are now heavily involved with Mercedes of course. Sauber also used to have Red Bull logos before they became a works team, so I thought I would just leave it as blue yellow and white.

oChpqxI.png

Manor

So I completed this concept before we saw a slight glimpse of what the Manor car would look like this weekend. There appears to be more white than black on the actual car, which I wouldn't be a fan of considering the direction I have gone with for Williams, Force India and probably McLaren. I liked the look I made for Jaguar so much that I wanted to use it on another team. I considered it for Lotus but ultimately chose to use it on Manor. I finalised the design off the clothing that Manor drivers and staff were wearing this weekend. Most noticably, there were no sponsor logos on their shirts so I kept the cars sponsor free as well.

kPvPnjQ.png

Thanks for the comments, I will address them at some point. I may make some minor changes to a few cars and then post an image containing the full grid.

I will keep releasing bonus teams every now and again as long as I have ideas/suggestions.

I will release the template in png and psd form in the next day or so as well.

McLaren Update

Finishing off the 2015 grid with an update to McLaren. I went with the shape from the logo to stay away from the Tobacco controversy that using the Marlboro-esque design brought up. It came out a little fuzzy when I exported it from Photoshop but you get the idea. The design is flipped on the other side so that it is symmetrical. From above it will look like a U shape.

uIZjgQy.png

I would like to see what you would do if Chevrolet had a factory team.

Chevrolet

So I envisioned a Chevrolet team ultimately funded by GM but being primarily based in Detroit. This is reflected by the teams sponsors being all companies with their headquarters in the city. I wanted to imagine the team bringing a massive US influence to the grid. Biscuits suggested to me that the paint scheme was based off the recent Chevrolet press release images for the new Indy car aero packages. I think it works well.

IbJnflf.png

More bonus concepts are in the works based off suggestions in this thread. Not had too much time to get round to them recently.

Archived