Lion Concept Logo

dsaline97

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would add a tiny bit to the nose so that that black part touches the outline and doesn't leave that little bit of gray. If you don't know what I mean, tell me.

I understand what you're getting at. That gap is meant to represent the space between his nose and the outline, similar to this image:

apple-os-x-mountain-lion-the-good-the-aw

Maybe I haven't done the best job at portraying that idea, who knows.

Here's the logo so you don't have to click back a page:

rA0vnqx.png

spacer.png

• 1 year later...

I like this update compared to your version from last year. The white streak extending leftward from the snout looks like a whisker. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but it looks good, however it also looks lonely since there's just one. Adding one more streak would give the impression of a full set of whiskers. The part that is a little confusing is the eye. I can't tell if that white shape is a highlight on the brow or the eye itself. It's located where the eye should be but the shape of it looks more like the brow. That area might need some tweaking. 

The overall shape of the logo is nice and it'd fit perfectly on a football helmet and it's clean enough that it could easily be embroidered on a baseball cap.

13 hours ago, jaha32 said:

I like this update compared to your version from last year. The white streak extending leftward from the snout looks like a whisker. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but it looks good, however it also looks lonely since there's just one. Adding one more streak would give the impression of a full set of whiskers. The part that is a little confusing is the eye. I can't tell if that white shape is a highlight on the brow or the eye itself. It's located where the eye should be but the shape of it looks more like the brow. That area might need some tweaking. 

The overall shape of the logo is nice and it'd fit perfectly on a football helmet and it's clean enough that it could easily be embroidered on a baseball cap.

I see what you're saying with the eye. I was attempting to replicate the eye from the previous logo but in a more angular shape. I'll admit eyes aren't my strongest area, and I was trying to create one in just one color.

I wasn't necessarily going for whiskers, but I added a second streak and it looked pretty nice:

Lion Updated v2.png

spacer.png

I kind of like your version from last year tbh. Lions with manes are common sports logos, and I liked that yours was a little different.

Nontheless this version is good also, and I think it would definitely make a good helmet logo :)

Although the mane highlights seem a little off. Maybe lengthen the bottom two and curve them in a little more to go along the jaw line?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived