NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like where these guys play.

3683124788_8f8f1f682e.jpg

My daughters went to that school. Their '93 state championship victory was a game for the ages. They scored with 12 seconds left to win 43-37.

Texas had two high school divisions - something like 5A Div. 1 and 5A Div. 2 - and in '96, the QB of the other division's champion was Drew Brees.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

$700. Million. Dollars. For a stadium without a team.

Just move the Jaguars already.

If I was the Chargers I don't see why you wouldn't jump all over this. They can stay in SD until the Stadium is finished and keep but expand their fanbase.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

If I was the Chargers I don't see why you wouldn't jump all over this. They can stay in SD until the Stadium is finished and keep but expand their fanbase.

I could also see a NFC team like the Vikes or someone jump as well.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

What is it with my metro area and stadia?

You have a plan for a cheaper stadium in Industry, with all environmental reviews passed, just waiting for a team to commit.

Then you have a downtown stadium pitched, with a naming rights deal already secured, but none of the reviews even started, and with demolition/site work to factor in.

And all this after the Rose Bowl/Coliseum/Carson/Irwindale/Hollywood Park/Dodger Stadium parking lot/Angel Stadium parking lot indecision that made us lose out to Houston.

LOL WUT?

VmWIn6B.png

What is it with my metro area and stadia?

You have a plan for a cheaper stadium in Industry, with all environmental reviews passed, just waiting for a team to commit.

Then you have a downtown stadium pitched, with a naming rights deal already secured, but none of the reviews even started, and with demolition/site work to factor in.

And all this after the Rose Bowl/Coliseum/Carson/Irwindale/Hollywood Park/Dodger Stadium parking lot/Angel Stadium parking lot indecision that made us lose out to Houston.

LOL WUT?

Difference here is that the requirements were much tighter to secure an expansion franchise. To get a relocated team, it doesn't matter if multiple groups are competing, so long as one of them can actually seal a deal.

Sounds like where these guys play.

3683124788_8f8f1f682e.jpg

My daughters went to that school. Their '93 state championship victory was a game for the ages. They scored with 12 seconds left to win 43-37.

Texas had two high school divisions - something like 5A Div. 1 and 5A Div. 2 - and in '96, the QB of the other division's champion was Drew Brees.

I used to drive by that thing all the time (Denton to Dallas and vice versa).

It doesn't matter what they name the stadium. If they can't get it built, then who really give a flying pig's butt? Build the stadium, then get a team, and then I'll care what they name the stadium...

If I were the Chargers, that's exactly what I'd do, only I'd continue to have training camp in San Diego and commit to playing one preseason game at the Q every year.

Archived