duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

bosrs1    643
5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm just getting a bit sick of the "well YOU may be fine with it, but everyone in San Diego hates them because they're terrible."

I grew up in a Jewish family. I know a prime example of attempted guilt tripping and passive aggression when I see it ;)

When did I ever tell you, "well you may be fine with it, but everyone in San Diego hate them because they're terrible?"

All I said was most in San Diego have relished watching the Chargers bumble their way into LA and that no Chargers fan I know personally remained so, which are both very much true. Nothing about that was directed at you personally.

If you don't like hearing those facts, well I don't know what to tell you. Your favorite team betrayed their home of 56 years, and shat on the residents of said city and their San Diego based fans. That being pointed out is going to happen, and keep being pointed out for a long time. Get used to it.

Ice_Cap    7,590
9 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

If you don't like hearing those facts, well I don't know what to tell you.

:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

When did I ever tell you, "well you may be fine with it, but everyone in San Diego hate them because they're terrible?"

Seems every time you and I talk about this you resort to the same sentiments that, over time, have come off as passive aggressive to me.

You ask me why I'm a Chargers fan, and why the move from SD to LA isn't a deal breaker. I tell you. You go "well ok, I get it, but everyone in San Diego hates them now because the team ripped their hearts out." Paraphrasing, of course.

Then, later, we're talking about a logo rollout, specifically whether a different and less derivative colour scheme would have softened public opinion. And you make sure to go "but just so you know everyone in San Diego hates them now because the team ripped their hearts out." I mean it was relevant in the former conversation (barely), but here? Not at all. It was, after all, LA's reaction we were discussing. Not SD's.

So yeah. It's not "facts" I take issue with. It's the same sob story you're trudging up for whatever reason, one I have to assume is passive aggressive in nature. I both feel for San Diegans for losing the Chargers and at the same time? My reaction's finally at "I don't care."

bosrs1    643
2 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

:rolleyes:

Seems every time you and I talk about this you resort to the same sentiments that, over time, have come off as passive aggressive to me.

You ask me why I'm a Chargers fan, and why the move from SD to LA isn't a deal breaker. I tell you. You go "well ok, I get it, but everyone in San Diego hates them now because the team ripped their hearts out." Paraphrasing, of course.

Then, later, we're talking about a logo rollout, specifically whether a different and less derivative colour scheme would have softened public opinion. And you make sure to go "but just so you know everyone in San Diego hates them now because the team ripped their hearts out." I mean it was relevant in the former conversation (barely), but here? Not at all. It was, after all, LA's reaction we were discussing. Not SD's.

So yeah. It's not "facts" I take issue with. It's the same sob story you're trudging up for whatever reason, one I have to assume is passive aggressive in nature. I both feel for San Diegans for losing the Chargers and at the same time? My reaction's finally at "I don't care."

I asked you why you're still a Chargers fan? In what thread and context? I mean if I did in the context of an earlier discussion that's great. I don't particularly remember it. It's not like I'm purposely jabbing at you in particular. We post in a lot of the same threads. If you're taking it as a passive aggressive attack at you, let me reassure you, it's not. I don't particularly care if you're a fan of the Chargers still or not. That's your business.

Ice_Cap    7,590
Just now, bosrs1 said:

I asked you why you're still a Chargers fan? In what thread and context?

This thread, earlier. You asked why I was a Chargers fan being from Ontario.

1 minute ago, bosrs1 said:

I mean if I did in the context of an earlier discussion that's great. I don't particularly remember it. It's not like I'm purposely jabbing at you in particular. We post in a lot of the same threads. If you're taking it as a passive aggressive attack at you, let me reassure you, it's not. I don't particularly care if you're a fan of the Chargers still or not. That's your business.

My primary issue here is the dragging out of the "all of San Diego was ripped off and everyone should feel bad" stuff. Particularly where it's not warranted. We all acknowledge and agree on that part. I don't think I've seen a single person defend Dean Spanos in all of this. Not even from the NFL. And they usually circle the wagons to protect their own, regardless of how stupid they look doing it.

It's just that I'm not sure how SD's feelings are relevant concerning the LA marketplace's hypothetical reaction to a powder blue and gold Chargers LA logo.

bosrs1    643
1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

This thread, earlier. You asked why I was a Chargers fan being from Ontario.

My primary issue here is the dragging out of the "all of San Diego was ripped off and everyone should feel bad" stuff. Particularly where it's not warranted. We all acknowledge and agree on that part. I don't think I've seen a single person defend Dean Spanos in all of this. Not even from the NFL. And they usually circle the wagons to protect their own, regardless of how stupid they look doing it.

It's just that I'm not sure how SD's feelings are relevant concerning the LA marketplace's hypothetical reaction to a powder blue and gold Chargers LA logo.

Because we weren't just discussing LA's reaction to it? Not unless Tampa Bay suddenly became an LA suburb.

Ice_Cap    7,590
Just now, bosrs1 said:

Because we weren't just discussing LA's reaction to it? Not unless Tampa Bay suddenly became an LA suburb.

I don't think anyone in Tampa cared one way or the other. Not beyond the guy running the Lightning's Twitter making a pretty funny joke at the Chargers' expense.

bosrs1    643
12 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't think anyone in Tampa cared one way or the other. Not beyond the guy running the Lightning's Twitter making a pretty funny joke at the Chargers' expense.

Fair enough. But people in San Diego do care. And will continue to comment on anything related to the ex-San Diego Chargers for a long time to come if it's at all tangentially related, particularly an issue of the Spanos' making asses of themselves. That happening is in no way related to or aimed at your fandom of the team. As you're not a local it really doesn't apply to you so don't take it that way.

LMU    3,020

Rain work will injury your timetable.

DG_Now    3,884

I'm just thrilled the StubHub Center experience will continue for that much longer. It's going to be so awesome.

Rockstar Matt    582

I actually can't wait for this year's Madden just to play in the StubHub Center. 

Bucfan56    3,684

Lol, seriously? So does that mean we're stuck waiting another year for the Rams to finally come to their senses and change their set? 

Sec19Row53    446
27 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Lol, seriously? So does that mean we're stuck waiting another year for the Rams to finally come to their senses and change their set? 

Potentially.

Of course, if merchandise is already being produced, they might HAVE to change.  Sort of like the Brewers getting new threads in 2000 to coincide with the opening of Miller Park, which was delayed to to the construction tragedy.

Sec19Row53    446
On 4/28/2017 at 5:08 PM, bosrs1 said:

Neutral party here - I got that vibe from it.

Bucfan56    3,684
5 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Potentially.

Of course, if merchandise is already being produced, they might HAVE to change.  Sort of like the Brewers getting new threads in 2000 to coincide with the opening of Miller Park, which was delayed to to the construction tragedy.

That's the very first thing that came to mind when I heard about this. 

DustDevil61    437
On 5/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Potentially.

There's a few tweets that say that the option to go ahead with a rebrand in 2019 are still on the table:

My money's still on when the new stadium opens (now 2020), but maybe they can go ahead with it. Granted, I still don't see the reason why they couldn't at least go to the Royal/Yellow throwbacks at home full-time (even with the incongruity of Navy/Gold/White on the road), but the NFL loves its micromanaging.

Cosmic    2,504

Either wait until 2020, or throw it into warp speed to get everything ready for 2018. I know they always say it's a two year process and blah blah blah, but there shouldn't be a reason a team can't change with a full 15 months before the start of the target season. 2019 seems like the worst of both worlds now... don't get the glory moment of new brand with new stadium, but still make the fans wait longer than necessary.

rams80    2,751

The rumor mill has the Rams thinking about pulling the plug on Goff after next season.  If that's true, they might as well wait for 2020 for the whole franchise relaunch since they're going to hit the reset button next offseason anyway.