NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

5 hours ago, B-Rich said:

City of Oakland: Because you and your buddies in the NFL are a bunch of money-grubbing BAD PEOPLE!!

Well, I mean, that's not wrong...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Big difference between the Raiders and Oilers situations though, the Raiders have a huge SoCal fan base. It has showed up every year in San Diego when the Raiders played there. There's no reason to think it won't show up again should they play 7 games in San Diego in 2019. And it makes them more accessible to their new Vegas fan base too then they are now. 

Boyd just isn't NFL capable. It's got no boxes, too few seats (both attendance wise and actual seats (it's all benches)), and it'll be hot as hell until October. Never mind the behind the scenes stuff including size of the locker room, support facilities, lighting, etc... Boyd is nothing but a glorified high school grandstand. 

I could very well see them playing 7 games in San Diego and the 8th game in London against the Chargers to avoid good ol Deano having his own team booed out of their former home. 

32 minutes ago, Wings said:

I could very well see them playing 7 games in San Diego and the 8th game in London against the Chargers to avoid good ol Deano having his own team booed out of their former home. 

the dumbest timeline

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

43 minutes ago, Wings said:

You kidding! The Spanos AFC Team being forced to return to the scene of the crime is what would make it all worthwhile. 

So here we go...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/12/raiders-pull-offer-to-oakland-but-all-options-are-open-for-2019/

Raiders have pulled the lease they had on the table with Oakland have have declared "all options open" so it looks like the expected is happening. They're taking the show on the road...

Of course they also say all options doesn't include San Antonio which they discount by name due to the artificial turf (and by extension you have to presume all artificial turf venues being tossed around including Salt Lake, Portland, San Jose State, Rice Eccles in Salt Lake, University of Nevada in Reno). Stanford, Cal and the Rose Bowl have discounted the Raiders from their side... Both the Niners and Raiders have said Levis won't work...

The list of likely sites is getting very small, very fast. 

28 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

You kidding! The Spanos AFC Team being forced to return to the scene of the crime is what would make it all worthwhile. 

I totally agree. That would be an absolute awesome scene but you know the owners will bail Dean out and send that game to London. 

27 minutes ago, Wings said:

I totally agree. That would be an absolute awesome scene but you know the owners will bail Dean out and send that game to London. 

Depends how low their opinion of him has fallen after the debacle that has been his relocation to LA (which lets face it has been an unmitigated disaster the likes of which the NFL has never seen in its modern history). 

The Raiders and NFL should have been looking at another site in Las Vegas which is open all but two weekends in the Fall.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

MN003Wo.jpg

Main grandstand has 80,000 seats, club seating and 102 suites.

The start/finish line at the apex of the tri-oval has a 1/4 mile oval (which can fit a football field, as y'all know from your HS days)

The Petty and Earnhardt Towers have been converted from bleacher seating to Loge/Party Decks.

rp8Vfku.jpg

The pit garages can be fitted into ample locker room space and has all the current power/water needs.

Plenty of parking for tailgating.

Has a modern, professional press area.

Pit road can have temporary seating.

It possesses modern fiberoptic technology which Sam Boyd Stadium doesn't.

It possesses enough footcandles for night racing, so it's not hard to add additional pit road lighting for the 1/4 mile ring and football field.

NASCAR is there for what would be NFL Week 2, and NHRA drag racing is booked next door at the drag strip October 24-27, so either have the Raiders on the road or in a BYE Week.

32 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The Raiders and NFL should have been looking at another site in Las Vegas which is open all but two weekends in the Fall.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

MN003Wo.jpg

Main grandstand has 80,000 seats, club seating and 102 skyboxes.

The start/finish line at the apex of the tri-oval has a 1/4 mile oval (which can fit a football field, as y'all know from your HS days)

The Petty and Earnhardt Towers have been converted from bleacher seating to Loge/Party Decks.

rp8Vfku.jpg

The pit garages can be fitted into ample locker room space and has all the current power/water needs.

NASCAR is there for what would be NFL Week 2, and NHRA drag racing is booked next door at the drag strip October 24-27, so either have the Raiders on the road or in a BYE Week.

That's actually not as crazy as it sounded at first. 

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

MN003Wo.jpg

Main grandstand has 80,000 seats, club seating and 102 skyboxes.

rp8Vfku.jpg

If Bristol can host a college game then Vegas can certainly do the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, Wings said:

If Bristol can host a college game then Vegas can certainly do the NFL. 

Exactly. Both tracks are owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc. (SMI). They've likely still have all those involved in the Bristol game somewhere within the company. Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage proposed a game at his track, which is similar to LVMS in terms of the stands back in 2002.

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Exactly. Both tracks are owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc. (SMI). They've likely still have all those involved in the Bristol game somewhere within the company. Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage proposed a game at his track, which is similar to LVMS in terms of the stands back in 2002.

One huge difference though. Bristol is a huge stadium in layout due to the 1/2 mi track. Vegas is not being one of the 1.5 mi cookie cutters. 

15 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

One huge difference though. Bristol is a huge stadium in layout due to the 1/2 mi track. Vegas is not being one of the 1.5 mi cookie cutters. 

Las Vegas and Texas similarities was referring to. Gossage has talked about some issues they've got compared to Bristol, but they have the space to do it.

14 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

That's actually not as crazy as it sounded at first. 

That was my exact reaction after reading the post.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Las Vegas Motor Speedway

MN003Wo.jpg

Not a terrible idea.....I know at one point in the early 2000's Texas and OU considered moving the rivalry game to Texas Motor Speedway but this would be a first for a larger racetrack.  I know Bristol did it before, but thats a closed bowl.

If the Raiders can't play in the Coliseum next year, I think they're best option is bunking with the 49ers. 

However, if they did that I wouldn't be surprised if they played there for 4-6 games and then play in Mexico City and London as well. They could even play back-to-back weeks in London if needs be? 

And, why not play one game in Vegas? Either at the Speedway or Sam Boyd? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Mock Schedule (Home games in BOLD)

1 - @Green Bay Packers; Lambeau Field

2 - Jacksonville Jaguars; Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara

3 - Detroit Lions; Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara

4 - @ Denver Broncos; Broncos Stadium

5 - Los Angeles Chargers; Aztec Stadium; Mexico City

6 - @Houston Texans; NRG Stadium

7 - @New York Jets; MetLife Stadium

8 - Chicago Bears; Wembley Stadium; London

9 - Tennessee Titans; Wembley Stadium; London

10 - BYE WEEK

11 - @Kansas City Chiefs; Arrowhead Stadium

12 - Denver Broncos; Las Vegas Speedway/Sam Boyd Stadium; Las Vegas

13 - @Indianapolis Colts; Lucas Oil Stadium

14 - @Minnesota Vikings; US Bank Stadium

15 - Cincinnati Bengals; Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara

16 - @Los Angeles Chargers; StubHub Center

17 - Kansas City Chiefs; Levi's Stadium; Santa Clara

A schedule like this could work for the Raiders. I love the idea of one game played in Vegas next year like a TNF or MNF game. Just not the whole season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, kimball said:

If the Raiders can't play in the Coliseum next year, I think they're best option is bunking with the 49ers. 

However, if they did that I wouldn't be surprised if they played there for 4-6 games and then play in Mexico City and London as well. They could even play back-to-back weeks in London if needs be? 

And, why not play one game in Vegas? Either at the Speedway or Sam Boyd? 

The Raiders are confirmed to have one home game internationally as of yesterday, so that wittles to 7 games looking for a location

Archived