NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

"Glory, glory Tottenham Raiders..."

The Daily Mail is reporting that Tottenham Hotspur and the Oakland Raiders have discussed having the NFL franchise play its full 2019 eight-game home schedule at the soccer club's new, 62,000-seat Tottenham Stadium.

Tottenham may share their new ground with the Oakland Raiders NFL team during the 2019 season

One would hope that the Raiders would roll these out for at least four of the eight home games:

AHKf8UWm.jpg

😉

Apparently, Tucson is making a pitch to the Raiders. I love Tucson, but this idea is hilarious. No way it makes it any farther than this, but now that it's even been suggested, I want it to. I have no idea how it could work, but I could see the Raiders fitting in with the weird culture of the Dirty T. And I'd definitely go to the Broncos game when they're in town. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tyst13 said:

Apparently, Tucson is making a pitch to the Raiders. I love Tucson, but this idea is hilarious. No way it makes it any farther than this, but now that it's even been suggested, I want it to. I have no idea how it could work, but I could see the Raiders fitting in with the weird culture of the Dirty T. And I'd definitely go to the Broncos game when they're in town. 

This report suggests that the Cardinals have no objection to this idea.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

22 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Looks like reports the Raiders have reached out to both San Diego and Tucson have surfaced in the last few days. 

Traveling team!

Traveling team!

Traveling team!

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 9:21 AM, AstroBull21 said:

The Raiders are confirmed to have one home game internationally as of yesterday, so that wittles to 7 games looking for a location

Supposedly Oracle Park is the location of choice. Issue is SF pols are agitating against it in solidarity with Oakland. 

The Raiders have a messy stadium situation for the year and a messy front office with the Regional Manager (Jon Gruden), the Assistant to the Regional Manager (Mike Mayock) and the Assistant to the Assistant of the Regional Manager (Ryan Grigson).

• Like 2

Seriously, how hard is this? 

920x920.jpg

And, while we're on the topic ... how hard was it to share the stadium and save the Bay Area from the losing the Raiders again?

🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Are they ever going to finish that stadium?

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 years from now fans will still be waiting for them to get good after they can Lynch & Shanahan. 49ers did offer to share the stadium with the Raiders during the planning stages. There is a third locker room in Levi's. 

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Lego Stadium is the stupidest NFL stadium.  I hate it so much.

My favorite fun fact about that stadium is that it's further from downtown San Francisco than the Ravens' stadium is from downtown DC. Maybe that says more about how close DC and Baltimore are, but I still think it's interesting.

I'm into the idea of the Raiders being a traveling team. Just have them play at municipal stadiums across the country in cities that have tried to get into the NFL/cities that are included in every non-NFL league. Play a game at the Alamo Dome, Liberty Bowl, Legion Field, Citrus Bowl, That Dome in St. Louis, etc.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Raiders and Niners are simply not the best of pals.

Which I get having spent quite a bit of time in the Bay Area.

But, I just think the NFL would rather have the Raiders play in a FOOTBALL stadium, rather than a baseball specific stadium -- even just for one year. Then again, what do I know ... the Chargers play in a FUTBALL stadium with a 25,000 capacity?!

I just think that the NFL and Raiders could make it worth the Niners time and money for a one year rental.

• Like 1

kimball banner.png