NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the 49ers ever offer to jointly build Levis with the Raiders? If so it would be easy to see the NFL telling them to take a hike if the Rams and Chargers are determined to get to LA.

No, they did not.

When Santa Clara voters passes Measure J, it allowed the 49ers control the lease terms regarding a second tenant.

Incorrect. The Raiders were offered the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the Santa Clara stadium. They turned it down so the Niners went it alone and reworked their funding scheme accordingly. The NFL even offered to double the G4 loan amount to the stadium if the Raiders got on board but they balked at the idea. The Niners still built Levis to be able to host the Raiders if need be including their own locker rooms which sit unused today. But it's obviously now more Giants Stadium than Met Life Stadium.

SI's Don Banks listed a bunch of predictions for the season... I agree with these couple:

- With Goodell on thin ice, Los Angeles moves might wait again until Roger either regains league confidence or the owners replace him. The LA team(s) would go hand in hand with that mild rebranding.

- Also with LA, if the Seahawks have another deep playoff run, we're to expect Pete Carroll on Los Angeles' radar- it's where he'd prefer to be, not to mention he might start growing bored with his Seattle gig. Carroll would be a prime candidate for an LA coaching/GM/president spot if one of the franchises chooses to inject new blood.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

- No, that's crap, at this point you have to get it over with or you're facing serious lameduckage somewhere.

- What's new about a guy that's been in the NFL for roughly 20 of the last 30 years?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That was voter registration fraud, wasn't it? Registering to vote where he does not actually live.

If Robles wants to love apart from his wife, either due to a separation or even because he wants to maintain a Carson residency, I don't see how that's in any way the same thing.

Interesting "plague on both your houses" take in the American, criticizing the grandstanding legislators and the scummy Peacockian/Nixonian financing scheme that has enabled them:

Race, Republicans and the Rams

That's a horrendous article. The Rams were sneaky and wrong, but the real bad guys are the ones who want this stadium to be put up for a public or legislative vote. Because racism or something. It's hypocritical to oppose giving the Rams upwards of $50 million when you gave the Chiefs $15 million. And they disagree with the governor because they're "haters." And to make sure nobody thought the author wasn't a buffoon, he throws in that the legislators "could care less" about St. Louis. See? They're caring!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't think it impacts the Carson thing anyways unless a new Mayor sets about squashing the stadium. The city council signed off on this right? They're usually the ones with the power—more so than the Mayor—anyways. The Mayor might have been vocal, but seems like the stadium push has plenty of supporters with or without him there. So I can't see that being a key factor in whatever that potential stadium's fate is.

Interesting "plague on both your houses" take in the American, criticizing the grandstanding legislators and the scummy Peacockian/Nixonian financing scheme that has enabled them:

Race, Republicans and the Rams

That's a horrendous article. The Rams were sneaky and wrong, but the real bad guys are the ones who want this stadium to be put up for a public or legislative vote. Because racism or something. It's hypocritical to oppose giving the Rams upwards of $50 million when you gave the Chiefs $15 million. And they disagree with the governor because they're "haters." And to make sure nobody thought the author wasn't a buffoon, he throws in that the legislators "could care less" about St. Louis. See? They're caring!

I actually think it's spot on?

He also never even mentioned the Rams. He mentioned the Governor and his stadium task force.

And again, I think it's spot on. The task force tactics have been awful and it's ridiculous that they're avoiding giving the public their vote.

But the legislatures are scummy too. This IS just grandstanding, it's not going to accomplish anything. They don't care if the public has a vote they care if THEY have a vote. And the article is right. They only want a vote so they can nix something that Nixon wants to do. That's all typical ugly politics.

The legislature isn't for one second concerned with the issue at hand. They're concerned with scuttling Nixon and scuttling development in St. Louis. That's par for the course with them.

Nobody looks good in this mess.

No matter what the intentions, if it stops them from sleazily building a very expensive tax-funded stadium nobody wants for a team fans don't care much about, it sounds good to me. I don't know much about STL or Missouri politics, and both sides are likely scummy. But that doesn't matter here. Furthermore, the article is not "both sides are bad." It's "sure, the governor wants to spend loads of money on this sleazy project which will benefit nobody, but THESE are the real bad guys."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No matter what the intentions, if it stops them from sleazily building a very expensive tax-funded stadium nobody wants for a team fans don't care much about, it sounds good to me. I don't know much about STL or Missouri politics, and both sides very well might be scummy. But that doesn't matter here. Furthermore, the article is not both sides are bad." It's "sure, the governor wants to spend loads of money on this sleazy project which will benefit nobody, but THESE are the real bad guys."

For what it's worth, the state should actually very much support the stadium. The state stands to gain from the Rams staying in the state of Missouri.

It's the city's portion of the funding that is much more questionable.

SI's Don Banks listed a bunch of predictions for the season... I agree with these couple:

- With Goodell on thin ice, Los Angeles moves might wait again until Roger either regains league confidence or the owners replace him. The LA team(s) would go hand in hand with that mild rebranding.

- Also with LA, if the Seahawks have another deep playoff run, we're to expect Pete Carroll on Los Angeles' radar- it's where he'd prefer to be, not to mention he might start growing bored with his Seattle gig. Carroll would be a prime candidate for an LA coaching/GM/president spot if one of the franchises chooses to inject new blood.

It might actually help Stan Kroenke get the Rams to Inglewood faster, seeing as it's been Goodell and The Shield"managing" the situation in LA. With the league's hands full with another scandal, they won't be so concerned with meddling with Kroenke's plan.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

That was voter registration fraud, wasn't it? Registering to vote where he does not actually live.

If Robles wants to love apart from his wife, either due to a separation or even because he wants to maintain a Carson residency, I don't see how that's in any way the same thing.

It would be exactly the same thing if as the article stated he is actually living within the City of Los Angeles as opposed to Carson. Robles would have to be registered to vote in Carson in order to be mayor and under California law if you're a state or local political office holder you are required to live in the district or area you represent. If he is in fact living in the City of Los Angeles as is being alleged the facts are very similar to the Wright case. Unfortunately for Robles the DA in LA County actually prosecutes this, unlike in some other California counties (*cough**cough* Sacramento.)

So basically the upshot here is that everyone loves Dean Spanos and wants to help him make more money, but Kroenke might be able to force the issue because everyone wants the league to get back to Los Angeles and make more money for everyone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived