NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

The St. Louis stadium task force has turned in its term sheet to the NFL: http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2015/10/13/task-force-submits-stadium-term-sheet-to-nfl.html

This of course is meaningless until the city of St. Louis Board of Alderman votes to approve funding. As mentioned in the article and above, that is not a sure thing at this point.

St. Louis gonna St. Louis.

Steelers fans staged a similar take over in St. Louis a few weeks ago.

Doing it all the way out in San Diego is even more impressive. (I say that in regards to Steelers fans. I'm not judging San Diego for it. Though if you DO judge St. Louis for it, you should take note of this, I suppose.)

My issue with St. Louis is that it seems to happen a lot. I don't know if that's the case in San Diego, but if so then their fans need to step up as well.

I think it's definitely the case in San Diego, as it's always a city that gets circled when fans in the north east plan their road trips. It's obviously going to happen with the Steelers and Packers, and local Cowboys fans, but I've also heard it be an Eagles home game there and I'm sure others too. Seems to happen in San Diego, Miami, and Tampa - vacation cities.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My issue with St. Louis is that it seems to happen a lot. I don't know if that's the case in San Diego, but if so then their fans need to step up as well.

I think it's definitely the case in San Diego, as it's always a city that gets circled when fans in the north east plan their road trips. It's obviously going to happen with the Steelers and Packers, and local Cowboys fans, but I've also heard it be an Eagles home game there and I'm sure others too. Seems to happen in San Diego, Miami, and Tampa - vacation cities.

My cousin and her husband made the trip from Pittsburgh to San Diego, they do a vacation like that whenever the Steelers get the Chargers, Saints, Bucs or Dolphins on the road.

It happened when the Patriots played San Diego last year. It sounded like a home game for the Patriots.

Steelers fans staged a similar take over in St. Louis a few weeks ago.

Doing it all the way out in San Diego is even more impressive. (I say that in regards to Steelers fans. I'm not judging San Diego for it. Though if you DO judge St. Louis for it, you should take note of this, I suppose.)

Their only other trip to St. Louis was a Thursday night game that featured a Marshall Faulk jersey retirement ceremony in a cynical attempt to convince some locals to show up.

It didn't take, as evidenced by the chorus of boos that accompanied said ceremony.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know if we know enough about San Diego's right now. I think their main issue is that even if they only have one hole, it's a big hole and one that can't be decided any time soon.

St. Louis has one hole, and it will be settled (one way or another) in the next month.

She's a part of the process. She doesn't have sole power to decide anything.

http://fox2now.com/2015/10/15/city-comptroller-says-shes-not-against-new-nfl-stadium/

Green admitted she couldn't stop the stadium alone, even if she so desired.

If aldermen approve a deal, the three member Board of Estimate and Apportionment, made up of Green, Mayor Francis Slay, and Board of Aldermen President Lewis Reed, would have the final say, Green said.

They could always outvote her 2-1.

Slay would obviously vote in favor of it. Reed is a little less clear as he's said he supports doing what they can to keep the team but also was an advocate for the public vote.

I assume he'd vote in favor, especially since the rest of the Board of Alderman would have already passed it at that point.

I think Green's opinion matters to the Board of Alderman. But she won't unilaterally be making any of the decisions.

Peacock: Stadium Funding Bill Within Two Weeks

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/10/16/peacock-stadium-funding-bill-within-two-weeks/

A new St. Louis stadium deal doesn't force Rams owner's hand to stay
Kroenke's desire to go to Los Angeles has been well-known inside league circles for years, and, if not for all of the NFL protocols teams must follow, he would have already moved his franchise to California last year, sources said. However, if the prospect of a new, state-of-the-art stadium in St. Louis met league requirements, many doubt Kroenke would "go rogue" and sue the league to move to his project in Inglewood or just attempt to pick up and leave anyway.

All three teams seeking to move to LA -- St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland -- left the recent NFL owner's meeting in New York convinced that the league is going to do whatever is possible to complete this process by January and foster the move of at least one franchise to the Los Angeles market for the 2016 season, sources said, and it is obviously the top short-term priority for the league at this time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25343573/a-new-st-louis-stadium-deal-doesnt-force-rams-owners-hand

Finally San Diego's Term Sheet submitted to the NFL: http://www.sandiego.gov/mayor/pdf/20150810_CityofSDChargersMissionValleyPresentation.pdf

The NFL has announced public hearings in all three cities facing the relocation of their team. This is a required part of the NFL process during relocation.

St. Louis - October 27

San Diego - October 28

Oakland - October 29

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/nfl-to-hold-public-hearing-in-st-louis-on-rams/article_51e4da7e-e874-5a2a-b424-1fe647b93c62.html