NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL could look to appease Kroenke with London or with a purchase of the Broncos, like, maybe, but who knows, k?: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25393693/london-denver-could-be-contingencies-for-kroenke-if-la-falls-through

This is pretty silly speculation on his part.

London? Not until Congress repeals time zones. Every time you hear somebody say "team in London" you know they're not serious.

The NFL could look to appease Kroenke with London or with a purchase of the Broncos, like, maybe, but who knows, k?: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25393693/london-denver-could-be-contingencies-for-kroenke-if-la-falls-through

This is pretty silly speculation on his part.

London? Not until Congress physics repeals time zones. Every time you hear somebody say "team in London" you know they're not serious.

FYP

Sure. I was originally going to say "the laws of nature" but thought it was funnier that way.

In either case, the problem with a team in London is the curvature of the Earth. Let's talk about it once the planet has been flattened.

What about Star Trek style transporters? Pretty sure that could solve the problem too. Of course once that's invented, Belichik will figure out how to beam receivers to open parts of the field, or beam a linebacker directly in front of the opposing QB for a sack.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sure. I was originally going to say "the laws of nature" but thought it was funnier that way.

In either case, the problem with a team in London is the curvature of the Earth. Let's talk about it once the planet has been flattened.

What about Star Trek style transporters? Pretty sure that could solve the problem too. Of course once that's invented, Belichik will figure out how to beam receivers to open parts of the field, or beam a linebacker directly in front of the opposing QB for a sack.

How about a two-hour London-LA flight?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/engineering/12023867/British-technology-company-to-transform-air-and-space-travel-with-pioneering-new-engine-design.html

I really think we're dismissing this whole transporter idea and what it could bring to the game way to quickly.

-player gets pulverized and is laying motionless on the field, you just beam him to the hospital instead of delaying the game to bring out the cart.

-no more substituting in and out - coaches could just beam players in and out of the huddle. 12-men on the field would be a thing of the past.

-Player A, playing in a 1PM game in Minnesota gets traded to another team playing a 1PM game in NY and he just beams to the sideline to be with his new club (or, directly in to the huddle!)

-fans are acting up? No need for security to eject them, just beam them to prison.

I used to think that adding the "gorilla clause" to the rulebook would be the biggest innovation in league history, but this whole transporter thing has that beat by a mile.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now that you've acknowledged my fantastic joke ;)...

Some interesting news. Kroenke met with Governor Nixon at Rams Park today. That's about all we know.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/updated-intrigue-at-rams-park-kroenke-meets-with-nixon/article_e6b254b6-563e-5176-b29d-e51fb10579ad.html

Now that you've acknowledged my fantastic joke ;)...

Some interesting news. Kroenke met with Governor Nixon at Rams Park today. That's about all we know.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/updated-intrigue-at-rams-park-kroenke-meets-with-nixon/article_e6b254b6-563e-5176-b29d-e51fb10579ad.html

7AdxEg6.gif

This is the part where things turn around and the governer saves face, right? There's no such thing as too much money, folks. :/

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The London endeavor seems so stupid. It's not just the travel issue, but also the market issue. What time would the London team play its games? I doubt they want to make the 9:00am EST games a regular thing, but maybe that does catch on. Other than that, they can do 1 EST (6:00pm local) and that's probably it. Maybe they'd have a late game once a year, which would be a 9:30pm local time start. They'd never be able to play on SNF, MNF, or TNF.

Since the NFL wants to expand into a market in which very few people care about it, it's not going to demand new stadiums to be built. But what about the teams which play in the soccer stadium the NFL team would call its home? I'm sure they wouldn't be too pleased about football tearing up the field. Doesn't English soccer go well into the Fall? The London Team seems like dick waiving by Goodell, which would turn out to be disastrous. Like a rich :censored: spending $200k on a Lamborghini and then realizing he doesn't know how to drive stick.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

What an utterly appropriate image.

Since the NFL wants to expand into a market in which very few people care about it, it's not going to demand new stadiums to be built. But what about the teams which play in the soccer stadium the NFL team would call its home? I'm sure they wouldn't be too pleased about football tearing up the field. Doesn't English soccer go well into the Fall?

That's putting it mildly. The Premier League schedule runs from August to May. So any groundshare would mean overlapping with the entire NFL schedule.

Not able to play in marquee games, or host a playoff game, competing directly with another team for the field every single week. Why exactly would an owner line up to move his team to London full time?

Archived