Fallon McElligott

The_Admiral

Hugely influential advertising agency out of Minneapolis. Enjoy some of their work, generally seems to be circa late '80s, early '90s.

For me, looking at too many of these gets painful. It's a little like staring into the sun. Being exposed to that much greatness goes from inspirational to obliterating on a dime.

fallon-mcelligott-jim-beam-22hair22.jpg

fallon-mcelligott-jim-beam-22stadiums22.

fallon-mcelligott-windsor-canadian-truck

lee1.png

3-8602a_l.jpeg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On the creative side, I presume?

I'm actually in Account Management, which was 90% of my job when I was designing signs anyways, but on a lot of projects I've been asked to pinch hit, so to speak, on some out of home layouts when our creative department was going through a period of upheavel and nobody was in the office. I'd like to do more of that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I write copy and do voice/design work when called upon for that. If I were in accounts, I'd have nuked an entire agency by now.

I have no design talent whatsoever, unfortunately. That's why I don't post concepts. I've tried one or two, but they never turn out. I'm a pure copywriter. I probably would've been much more successful had I started my career in the 80s. Maybe even at Fallon!

I consider myself an introverted people person. I am good with people, but it takes an extraordinary amount of energy out of me and clients can be crazy. Thankfully none of my accounts have been too wildly demanding. I would really prefer to be the person coming up with ideas. I see some work our creatives do and think "sheesh, I would never have made that choice in a million years". Then I go home and have to doodle on the computer just to get the itch out of me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Had to do a refresher because it's been about six years, but Introverted, intuition, thinking, perceiving

Same as mine.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived