Discrim

Previous rivalry sets: Crosstown (Cubs vs White Sox), Subway (Yankees vs Mets), Freeway (Angels vs Dodgers)

Originally, this was gonna be Dodgers vs. Giants. Then I got the brilliant suggestion of Giants-A's, so I went in that direction instead.

Giants...for once as far as these rivalry uniforms go, I went with consistency...and I figured the last time I based a baseball uniform on a local basketball team, it'd been very well received, so let's bring the greatest uniform in hardwood history to the diamond. Complete with a slightly modified trolley car. Because Hunter Pence eats Fruit Loops with chopsticks. :D

giantsrivalry.png

A's...I figure one thing, the old Oakland Oaks were going to provide most of the inspiration of this set, and I quickly latched onto the acorn and the Old English O, and a jersey the Oaks wore in the early 40s, as far as I could tell. The home white has the A's acorn on the front, green raglan sleeves and gold T-bar striping, while the road is a green-gray with green T-bars and the English O on the front. The thick gold stripe on the socks is meant to stand in for the gold sanitaries.

athleticsrivalry.png

Bonus: Dodgers (vs Giants)...in all honesty, basing the home whites off of the LA flag colors was, in retrospect, not exactly a MENSA level decision. If I'd done the Freeway set first, I'd have never made the home uniform. Probably should've just gone with a white version of the roads, as its zigzag pattern is also inspired by the LA flag. I dunno, maybe subconsciously I still have the occasional "WTF man! Are you high?" concept in me.

dodgersrivalry.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

...I dunno, maybe subconsciously I still have the occasional "WTF man! Are you high?" concept in me.

But that's what I love the most about your stuff, Discrim. Looking at your concepts makes me wonder what teams could be capable of uniform-wise if they weren't worried so much about traditions or flimsy statistics.

...I dunno, maybe subconsciously I still have the occasional "WTF man! Are you high?" concept in me.

But that's what I love the most about your stuff, Discrim. Looking at your concepts makes me wonder what teams could be capable of uniform-wise if they weren't worried so much about brand identity and recognition.

FTFY

I do enjoy your concepts though, even though I would not want to see teams actually do this.

But that's what I love the most about your stuff, Discrim. Looking at your concepts makes me wonder what teams could be capable of uniform-wise if they weren't worried so much about brand identity and recognition.

FTFY

I do enjoy your concepts though, even though I would not want to see teams actually do this.

You can have brand identity without being afraid of evolving every once in a while, or having a little fun with one-offs like these.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived