Baseball pants: which is better?

MNtwins3

Since baseball is practically here, I thought I'd start a discussion: high pants or low pants.

I'm talking about these:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eric+Sogard+Seattle+Mariners+v+Oakland+Athletics+nhMCns2Up-xl.jpg

Vs these:

http://sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Ryan-Howard.jpg

I personally like to wear my pants higher up, and I love it when MLB players do it too. It looks great, and brings back nostalgia.

So I was wondering, what do you guys think is better? High pants, or low pants?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When long pants are worn up, it looks silly.. The first picture looks so phony and ridiculous to me, like he's wearing rolled up sweatpants or something..

Of the currently offered styles, I'll take long pants all day..

However, if properly tapered and a bit more "fitted", as well as appropriate length, I'm a huge fan of the high pants look, especially with nice socks or stirrups..

Even "long"pants can look great worn high, just not when they're awkwardly cut to be loose fitting or baggy.

I really don't like the baggy pants that go almost to the ground in the heel area, but generally I prefer long pants. I don't hate the high-socks look, but I do find it uncomfortable to wear.

Also, and I may be in the minority here, but high stirrups look stupid. Low ones that show a bit of white over the shoetops are fine, but the ones that go halfway up the sock are pointless.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

But if a player goes low cuffed I would rather the pants be tight like this..-b7a3b25717520608.JPG

There aren't many players that wear it like that now. Justin Verlander is one that I can think of.

pfmDBEq.jpg

That's how I always wore my pants. I've tried the high socks on and off, but I always ended up going back to the above look.

High pants look nice. I think wearing the long pants are more comfortable and I think that's why more players do it.

When it comes to stirrups, I like ones that have shorter "stripes". I don't know how to explain it other than I like Picture 1 more than Picture 2.

raysocks.jpg

056bbf5c4d69d8a80b132be53eaa4471.jpg

I liked stripped non stirrup socks the best.

628x471.jpgDivision+Series+San+Francisco+Giants+v+C

This guy is the man. Different colored sanis are the best.

Josh+Outman+Kansas+City+Royals+v+Oakland

josh-outman-indians.png?w=320Josh+Outman+Toronto+Blue+Jays+v+New+York

He makes it look good no matter where he plays, including the rockies picture I added earlier. I 'll be seeing a lot of him on the Braves when I watch them beat up on my Phils

Fun fact, I'm third cousins (something close to that) with Outman. I think my favorite was the A's just because of the colors they have.

spacer.png

Showing socks is better.

Adam+Jones+Chicago+White+Sox+v+Baltimore

Bonus points for stirrups.

mlb_g_outman11_300.jpg

But if a player goes low cuffed I would rather the pants be tight like this..-b7a3b25717520608.JPG

My sentiments exactly. I hate the pants that go down under the cleats or the baggy ones that Manny Ramirez used to wear.

0422manny_1024768.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

I definitely prefer short pants. I've only played in one game with ankle pants and hated myself for it. I think it's BS when someone says they are uncomfortable. If the elastic is loose and the pants are hemmed correctly, it's actually pretty comfy. Honestly, I think by the time the current high schoolers start playing in the majors, short pants will make a return. I play high school ball against prospects and can say that I saw a lot more guys wearing short pants than I did is previous years. I even wore my pants Hunter Pence style one game cause I'm weird like him.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived