oldschoolvikings

Browns concept '15 - based on new colors and wordmark

• No cartoony number font

Orange Pants

Great modern jersey

Orange Pants

Nothing too ridiculous

Orange Pants!‚Äč

That's a fine looking set. I really like it. Here's hoping the real thing is something similar.

This is a great look, OSV.

Which means it won't happen, because the Browns are going to end up like garbage. In all seriousness, I would've liked to see brown pants as well, but this is certainly an upgrade.

May I ask what font this is or did you create it yourself? Great concept here.

Great job with the concept. The only thing I would change is on the orange jersey, I would add a brown outline to the numbers to make it stand out a bit more and on the white pants, I would keep the stripe the way they were on the old pants except make it look more like Ohio State's rivalry stripe on their pants on both pairs, just my thoughts but non the less they look great!9468145.jpeg

Although I don't think the Browns need to change at all (besides eliminating the brown leotards and bring back the orange pants), this actually looks solid and I hope and pray the Browns go with something like this without any stupid Nike BS.

If the Browns trotted out with these beauts, I'd be more than pleased.

I like it. It's modern but still retains enough tradition for the Browns. It's probably better than whatever they're actually going to release.

That was interesting. I wanted the font to reference the new wordmark, so I took a pretty close look at it and discovered something about the way Nike (assuming Nike is designing all these new NFL fonts) seems to be repeating itself.

The new wordmark has sharp interior corners, like a standard block font. But the outside has rounded corners. That rang a bell, so I went back and looked at the current Vikings font (right digit only, not the left with the spikes) and saw it looked very similar. So close in fact, I was tempted to just use it as is, but that felt lazy. So i squashed it slightly vertically, thinned it very slightly overall, and there you go.

Great job with the concept. The only thing I would change is on the orange jersey, I would add a brown outline to the numbers to make it stand out a bit more and on the white pants, I would keep the stripe the way they were on the old pants except make it look more like Ohio State's rivalry stripe on their pants on both pairs, just my thoughts but non the less they look great!9468145.jpeg

Not for me... I hate those randomly chopped stripes.

This looks SO NICE.

I agree adding brown pants would be nice, but there needs to be a rule in place that you cannot wear brown pants with the brown jersey and come out looking like a tootsie roll.

That was interesting. I wanted the font to reference the new wordmark, so I took a pretty close look at it and discovered something about the way Nike (assuming Nike is designing all these new NFL fonts) seems to be repeating itself.

The new wordmark has sharp interior corners, like a standard block font. But the outside has rounded corners. That rang a bell, so I went back and looked at the current Vikings font (right digit only, not the left with the spikes) and saw it looked very similar. So close in fact, I was tempted to just use it as is, but that felt lazy. So i squashed it slightly vertically, thinned it very slightly overall, and there you go.

Okay...interesting. I might try that for my Browns concept coming soon. I hadn't studied the wordmark yet but I had been planning to try something to get a font that matches the wordmark.

i like this a lot. the Browns should be so lucky to have something this refined. some stripes on the socks wouldnt hurt though.

i like this a lot. the Browns should be so lucky to have something this refined. some stripes on the socks wouldnt hurt though.

Sock stripes? You know I love sock stripes! (While I'm at it, I added some brown pants, too.)

brown3_zpsyelx0t5r.png

What about flipped sock stripes for the orange pants?

I thought about it, but I kinda like the idea that the sock stripes reference the sleeve stripe so directly... that's why I made the white area the exact same width. If they're flipped it breaks that connection... to me anyway. Plus, the orange pants make for a very orange-heavy uniform... all-brown socks pull a little more brown into it.