San Diego Ducks AHL Jersey Concept

twotwographix

I can see what you're going for with the logo, but the execution is very awkward. I can barely tell that it's an S, at first glance it looks more like an anvil that's been stuck onto the D. The D doesn't really work as part of a monogram either, it wasn't designed that way. You should rethink this one.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

the arm sleeves left blank really got me. you have a nice start here but there needs to be consistancy through out. For example puting a gold line between the orange and the white. also having the bottom stripes on the arms. it just makes every thing more even.

Sorry, but chalk me up as not being a fan.

I think San Diego getting an AHL team they should of went with the San Diego Ducks instead of Gulls. Gulls have been dead and should stay dead they been in a handful of leagues.

Too late I am afraid, the name was chosen and from the general feel of it, you are in the minority. Why reinvent the wheel? The Gulls name has history (as you have pointed out) and fits well with that region. Calling the team the San Diego Ducks just sounds unecessarily clunky.

Onto the actual jersey.

First, Im not sure whats going on with the AHL / NHL crossover logo thing on the collar but it looks like it may have come from one of those fake jersey sites. Either use the correct AHL logo or don't put one on the neckline at all; the latter is the better option seeing as they don't appear to do that with any jerseys.

As for the logo - it actually looks to me like the logo says "5D". Maybe theres two new dimensions to this team or something, but it again feels tacked on and uncessary.

Take the Texas Stars for example, they could I guess have added a giant T to the Stars logo; however they didn't and developed a more unique logo which still calls home to the Stars brand and their parent team (granted, old team branding).

Still, this is a start - work with your San Diego Ducks name; try something more unique and less "Anaheim Ducks with an S". Will be interesting to see regardless my opinion of the name.

DGS

Yeah have to echo both of darkGS' sentiments. Gulls was far and away the most popular option they could have gone with as it had a ton of very positive history in San Diego. And the S on your logo just doesn't pop out as an S, which kind of defeats the purpose. The style isn't the problem, it's more an issue of shoehorning the Ducks actual D into the logo when a derivative D would have worked better.

Archived