Packers 2015 Throwback Uniform Concept

packerfan21396

I'm kind of pissed that the Acme Packers jerseys are going away, but yet I'm excited for the future of the Packers' throwback jersey (because I sincerely doubt the new alternate jersey is going to be a yellow jersey). So I decided to make my own throwback jerseys using the same template as the 2012 Packers logoslick:

1936 Uniform Concept:

Zdzvu2E.png

1939/1944 Uniform Concept (better than the 1994 throwback):

3AonAmo.png

I tried to make the numbers as historically accurate as possible, even if the NFL doesn't care about historical accuracy.

Let me know what you think!

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

As a die hard fan, I'm not loving the first one. I like the 2nd set much better. I'd like to see an alternate that is as simple as white pants instead of yellow.

The problem is that the Packers never wore white pants in 1936, and I tried is be as historically accurate as possible. I'm a die hard fan as well, so I didn't try to make these seem horrible.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

As a die hard fan, I'm not loving the first one. I like the 2nd set much better. I'd like to see an alternate that is as simple as white pants instead of yellow.

The problem is that the Packers never wore white pants in 1936, and I tried is be as historically accurate as possible. I'm a die hard fan as well, so I didn't try to make these seem horrible.

Oh I wasn't saying you had to keep with the throwback as alternate theme. I'd like to see some white pants with the current set.

I'd be happy with either of these... especially the second concept.

But I can pretty much promise the new throwbacks will be blue, and I would throw down good money that they'll resemble this.

il_570xN.374611050_sdse.jpg

I think since that they are replicated the 1929 Championship team, that they might pick another Championship team to replicate, hence my concepts being based on the next couple of Championship teams.

That being said, I still don't think they would replicate the Acme Packers jersey because don't modern NFL jersey have to have a number on the front of their jerseys, or is that not an official rule?

Oh I wasn't saying you had to keep with the throwback as alternate theme. I'd like to see some white pants with the current set.

Ah, I see, but I think the Packers are going to continue the trend of replicating a previous jersey set. White pants might look weird though...

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 3 months later...

The green and yellow would be harder to replicate but it's more "Green Bay " to me. I could see the current nike cut being used and the teeth being able to complete the look. The blue would probably be a fabric cap on the sleeve area.

I don't think Nike would use their Elite 51 template for the Packers for only one uniform, since they have traditional uniforms for their regular uniforms, hence my concepts with that template... But yeah, it would pretty simple for Nike to create the "teeth" for Concept 1 with the Eilte 51 template. And yeah the yolk on Concept 2 would have to be sown on, but it would be similar to the old throwback front number where the numbers would be cut out of the yolk.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 1 month later...

I wondering if they will go with the orange and white from 1946. Mark Murphy said it would be a old jersey.

I would post a pic but can not figure it out.

1946_GreenBay.png

You mean the one on the right? Yeah, I suppose that's a possibility, but then they'd have to be away to wear it.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 2 weeks later...

Uniforms revealed 2 days ago:

11036661_10153329604395073_1415607852168

11703192_10153329604725073_7347406581185

11817124_10153329605080073_212031446667011817011_10153329605200073_8017485112378

My thoughts:

-I kind of had a hunch they would be doing this, and I like the look.

-The Packers still got the yoke wrong, but this is kind of closer.

-I need to get me some blue Packers gear now.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I don't know how I missed this thread before, but I love your concepts. So much better than the ones they went with.

Would you mind if I post them on my Packers blog? And how would you like to be credited?

Absolutely! I love your blog! For crediting purposes, you could use my actual name, Quinn Siebers.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Archived