Seattle Sockeyes NHL Concept

hettinger_rl

The fish overlapping the second T is a problem. I'd drop the text from inside the S for the primary and do an alternate without the fish so you can read it all.

I know the text is the way the Metropolitans did it, but it's really difficult to read in that right to left, tilted letters arrangement.

The fish overlapping the second T is a problem. I'd drop the text from inside the S for the primary and do an alternate without the fish so you can read it all.

I know the text is the way the Metropolitans did it, but it's really difficult to read in that right to left, tilted letters arrangement.

So from this starting point.

10ggtba.jpgfxgmfr.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Definitely needs a clean up. It seems the sockeye is too real looking. If it's more aggressive and detailed with the use of shading, it could come along nicely. I would first focus on less of the in-your-face red and make the whole thing green to start off, then slowly incorporate the red so it doesn't look like you filled in a fish with team colours.

There is potential here though.

Nice work and definitely looks better without the wordmark in the main logo, keep the Seattle S as a secondary. Also a big fan of Sockeyes as one of the better options for a future NHL team here but not a fan of the green and red color scheme. Yes Sockeyes are green and red and the logo looks good in those colors just personal preference I suppose. On a side note I see you're from Aberdeen, I grew up in a little town just south of there that has the Pheasants as the local h.s. mascot. Nice to see another member doing good work on here from the homeland, keep it up.

Ok, I've decided to work out the fish first, then circle back and pair it with the S again.

1zw7c6.jpg

Nice work and definitely looks better without the wordmark in the main logo, keep the Seattle S as a secondary. Also a big fan of Sockeyes as one of the better options for a future NHL team here but not a fan of the green and red color scheme. Yes Sockeyes are green and red and the logo looks good in those colors just personal preference I suppose. On a side note I see you're from Aberdeen, I grew up in a little town just south of there that has the Pheasants as the local h.s. mascot. Nice to see another member doing good work on here from the homeland, keep it up.

Redfield? Yeah there are a few SD folks on here these days.

Ok, I've decided to work out the fish first, then circle back and pair it with the S again.

1zw7c6.jpg

I was playing around with the Seahawks colors because I like the idea of "city team colors," but also think the classic Green and Yellow of the Sonics would be great. Any thoughts?

You know the green and blue sockeye looks real nice. Actually better than I was picturing in my mind. This might be the right direction to go since I think the green and yellow should be reserved for the Sonics and blue and green is unofficially becoming Seattle's sport color.

1 and 4 don't really scream "sockeye" to me, so I don't think I would go with either of those. They're more tied to the city than they are the name.

While 2 looks really good, it's hard for me to see that color scheme and not think Vancouver Grizzlies. The other two are much more unique so I would love to see a concept with those if only for the sake of seeing something new

Archived