2015 Creamer Awards

BrandMooreArt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow once again thanks for the nomination, I'm really honored to be in this group! Good Luck to all!

Wait, you've been here for 2 years, and you are a ROTY?

I believe it's since first concept posted, not year joined the forum.

JeKhnr9.png

Great presentational graphics. And great inspiring work among these. Had not even noticed some of them and looked them up today. Therefore it would be really helpful to have the respective threads linked in this thread as some cannot be found that easily.

Great presentational graphics. And great inspiring work among these. Had not even noticed some of them and looked them up today. Therefore it would be really helpful to have the respective threads linked in this thread as some cannot be found that easily.

Winners will be updated with links in the HOF thread (pinned in concepts). So it won't be hard to find those ones once winners are announced.

Great work on the presentation and running it this year, Brandon! And thanks all for the kind words on the yearbook -- it certainly is a labor of love :)

Ill answer some of your guys' questions if i can this evening.

Theres going to be a slight change to the schedule. Ive had to make a quick unexpected trip to Tennessee and ill be gone til thursday probably. (Everything is good. Helping some friends move). Ill reveal winners ASAP when i get back home.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

What about NFL by derschwigg? I thought that was easily worthy!

I appreciate that. Really. I think it made it into the Honorable Mentions, along with my Black Knights concept (probably my favorite rendering I've ever done). But honestly, I'm more proud of my nomination of Best C&C.

Cheers.

Congrats to everybody nominated - all very deserving! Raysox as a nominee for most improved is scary because he was so damn good before, and that's a testament to his hard work in honing his craft.

I also think that SFGiants58's series warrants mention, as does jaha's Milwaukee Bucks redesign.

Congrats to all nominated, its nice to have seen most of them since their start to witness something great before it becomes "great".

Just a question, there were a few miscellaneous concept series in the General Design section. Do you think there will ever be a spot for a non sports concept series nomination or something along those lines, or is it just too small of a pool to have annual winners?

theCarGeek - yes Moom is very good. But hes not the only professional designer here. Almost all the guys inducted into the Hall of Fame last year are. And lots of others post here. If there were to be any changes where pro designers could not be nominated that would come from the committee (pro designers) and not me. That said, i dont think it would be good to do that because the mission here is to honor great work that comes from the CCSLC regardless of who made it.

Jake - yes Derschwiggs NFL was considered. The Series award was thw hardest to narrow down and had the most discussion among committee members. To put it simply, we just felt the others were better. There are mutliple things that go into that, which is touched on in the pinned thread

macale - absolutely. Michael being nominated for "most improved" is scary. Hes actually the first one i thought of for the award. His work last year was good, but his craft and concepts/ideas have taken a big step. I believe that is directly due to the rediculous amount of work that he does.

1clk - thats a good idea. For instance, raysox's Florida flags project was really great and would be worthy of an award. The committee will make the decision on that for next year but i would be in favor of General Designs being considered.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

// 2015 CREAMER AWARDS //

The reason the Creamers Awards were created last year was to honor the exceptional work that was created and shared here on the CCSLC. It's been a lot of work to get these together this year, but I have really enjoyed looking over everything that was done in 2014 and was quite surprised to see how much good design there was. There are many projects that were not nominated this year that were very good, which made this process even harder, but I feel confident that all the nominees are the best of their categories and we are ready to reveal the winners!

(you can see the project threads by clicking on the award titles)

I do have one request for the audience this year. Because we've seen a lot of really bad design get a ton of attention recently on social media, if you would like to share any of these projects, use hash tags #CCSLC or #2015Creamers. We would like to continue building this community and drive some attention to work that deserves it.

// BEST C&C GIVER //

c6J1OCo.jpg

I feel this is one of the most important Creamer Awards. One of the main reasons we post here is to get feedback from the community to improve our work from respectful, constructive critique. All of the nominees this year are worthy of the award, but MBannon92 takes home the gold.

// BEST TEMPLATE //

8DRvuUI.jpg

Every year, the sports equipment manufacturers create a new product. Part of keeping our designs current means keeping up with new products. Thanks to TheOneAndOnlyMau, we now have a high quality SpeedFlex Helmet.

// MOST IMPROVED //

7nicHqZ.jpg

It was mentioned by multiple people on the Awards committee that JCRGraphics has really taken his designs to the next level. If you've seen his recent hockey projects created this year, you shouldn't be surprised if he is nominated again next year, as he continues to grow as a designer.

// ROOKIE OF THE YEAR //

76GllBd.jpg

Since I have been a member here, I have not seen a rookie class as good as 2014's. Every one of these guys had at least one project that meets the Creamer Awards standards. McElroy19, DanOtis, and Eric Westhaver were all nominated for other awards this year. That said, the committee voted McElroy19 as a clear winner. His body of work in 2014 was all impressive from the Grand Rapids Griffins logos to the Mexico City Aztecs, which is also nominated for Best Overall Concept.

// BEST SERIES //

zPfTNXq.jpg

The Award that created the most discussion was the Best Series Award. There were many, many projects we were considering for nomination and this Award by far took the most time to go through and select the best. In a tight race, TheOneAndOnlyMau's "Pursuit" series takes the gold. You can see the whole series featured in the 2014 NCFA Yearbook.

// BEST INDIVIDUAL CONCEPT //

aT6ytPP.jpg

Proving that a great idea always beats flash, Creamer HoF inductee AndrewHarrington's "Pittsburgh" t-shirt design swept the votes for this award. Every time the design has gone up on CottonBureau, it has gone to print. You can get it now, if you're quick: https://cottonbureau.com/products/pittsburgh-p

// BEST CONCEPT //

Mh4bTJD.jpg

We have one more unanimous vote this year and it goes to DrDougFresh's 2014 NCFA Yearbook. It is the 2nd year in a row the Yearbook has won this award and deservingly so. There is no project that comes close to the detail and depth the NCFA Yearbook has and it takes multiple designers to create the Yearbook. In my opinion, the 2014 version is one of the best concepts that we've seen on the CCSLC.

// HALL OF FAME PROJECT //

3cbVkyX.jpg

Probably one of the most popular projects in CCSLC history, This year's HoF Project comes from one of the communities best designers, Matt Kauzlarich, AKA: GFB. The NHL Rebranding project was featured on Icethetics which you can see HERE

// HALL OF FAME MEMBER //

twjKCAt.jpg

Almost sweeping the votes for this Award is Buc, a community member that has designed exceptional concepts for the NFL and NBA. Buc is also a great C&C giver and is one of the reasons I love hanging around the CCSLC. We could certainly use more members like him.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived