College Basketball Rivalry Uniform Swap (UCLA-Arizona Added)

TCutt

I was watching the Duke-UNC game a few weeks ago and had the thought, "What would Duke look like in argyle?". This question has inspired a new series I am starting, a rivalry uniform swap. I know some people have gone in and recolored some football teams with their rival's colors, but this is different. I have decided to take one of the more iconic looks from each team in some of college basketball's biggest rivalries and turn it into a full out design based on their rival's colors. It's hard to explain, so just see what I did below.

While I have a few rivalries I personally want to knock out, but I would love to take some suggestions. I've read through several polls ranking the best, gone through my own personal list, and I'm still not all that sure which ones I want to do. Of the rivalries I have planned to knock out, I have (In no particular order): St. Mary's-Gonzaga, Louisville-Kentucky, and Georgetown-Syracuse. I also would like to keep it to a max of one rivalry per team. So I won't be doing another Duke or UNC game unless it is highly recommended.

The template I am currently using is TimeOBrian's "Basketball Uniform Template 1" from DevianArt. While I do enjoy this template, I am looking for a slightly better one, one that gives a look at the uniform from the side. If anyone wouldn't mind linking me to a solid .psd file, it would be much appreciated.

Now to the actual uniforms themselves!! For the first game in this series, I went with what might be the biggest rivalry in college basketball today, the Battle for Tobacco Road. This series has one of the most iconic uniforms in the NCAA with UNC's argyle, as well as one of the most replicated styles with Duke's "banner" style. For the Duke Argyle, I chose to go with "Blue Devils" instead of "Duke" just to be consistent with the two word name like the UNC jersey. Similarly, I chose to go with just "Carolina" for consistency's sake. C&C is always appreciated!

TmSZKGY.jpg

IdsklPY.jpg

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I think the entire state of North Carolina just had a heart-attack. Depsite that, your work looks great.

Thought the exact same thing.

If you don't care if a template was designed for an NBA jersey, I know of a few good basketball jersey templates in .PSD.

JeKhnr9.png

Would love to see UCLA v ARIZONA as stated above but also maybe an Arizona v Duke considering a past history between the two teams in the tourney and I know that we Zona fans dislike duke very much :suspect:

a2BRS8U.png

I always like these uniform swaps (I remember doing college football ones myself), but I feel like you could be a little more accurate. If you're going to truly swap designs, you might as well go all the way. The font on the Duke jersey kind of ruins it for me. If you're looking for Carolina's font, it's kind of a vertically stretched version of City Bold. Also, the diamonds should be the same size on the jersey and the shorts. Carolina has a very thin contrasting front collar. Other than a few nitpicks, this is a good start, looking forward to the rest.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like the jerseys themselves, and it's a neat concept, but who are you trying to please here? seems like unc fans (myself included) would throw up to see Carolina wearing ANYTHING related to or inspired by Duke, and I can assume vice versa. practicality aside, this is a neat idea.

16ger2r.jpg

2nlz4b7.jpg

2mmcyh1.jpgS2006_zpsooeigvfb.png

For the second matchup, I decided to go with the Sunflower Showdown, Rock Chalk Jayhawk vs Octagon of Doom. In the battle of the state of Kansas, I wound up using one of the best uniforms of all time as well as one of the most regrettable decisions in sports.

For Kansas State, I gave them the 1988 Kansas uniform that was worn for the National Title. It is a classic uniform that I personally love, from the 3 color trim and waistband to the "circus" font, not the Trajan font that I discovered Kansas fans despise (for good reasons I might add). I chose to go with the throwback K-State logo on the leg because it is accurate with the time period. Granted, I did not stay time consistent as I put "K-State" across the chest, rather than a 2 line "Kansas State", but that was because I did not want to mess with the 1 word arch that Kansas already used

Y2u7FUY.jpg

Let me preface this next concept by referencing to the original post, where I said I'm going with the most Iconic look for each program. That doesn't mean I am picking the best ones, but the most well known. With that being said, I gave Kansas the two tone treatment, as inspired by the original 1970's and 80's look. While KSU has made updates to the atrocity that is the two tone purple uniform, I went off of the original, simply because it looked the least bad as compared to all the other ones. The shade of blue I used for the tops comes from the Kansas style guide, and I thought it paralleled the lavender (or whatever you call that kind of purple) top well. It's not the most visually pleasing, but its still better than UK Denim, right?

A98pD3h.jpg

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do next, so any and all suggestions are accepted. Thanks for all the positive feedback from the first set, hope y'all enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed making it.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

I thnk K-State looks really good. I had been wondering about that two-tone stuff for K-State lately because my memory was remebering when they wore throwbacks to that so you gave me the inspiration to go back and look for them in google.

Maybe you could do Oklahoma-Texas next.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I've been slowed down by some school work and other stuff. Anyways, for the next rivalry, I chose to do UCLA and Arizona. This is one of the more visually pleasing rivalries to date.

For Arizona, I gave them the classic UCLA look. The UCLA uniforms are a classic look, and the plain jersey looks so much better than any of the Adidas "Made in March" uniforms that have been thrown at them. I chose to use the blue instead of the home whites just as a way to show off all of the colors.

gsbGWIT.jpg

For UCLA, I chose to give them the uniforms the Wildcats debuted in the 90's, and have revived this season. I based my design more off of the current rather than the 90's look, but that is just because I like the more modernized look. I put "UCLA" down the side of the shorts rather than "Bruins" because I could not easily put that down with the font I used for the uniforms (Thanks Conrad for the fonts by the way).

2E6c636.jpg

I hope to have the next game done soon, but it all depends on how things work out this week. Suggestions still welcome!!

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

Archived