OKC Thunder "City Pride" Alternate

JPDesign

Given the hot mess that Adidas unveiled yesterday I dug up an old alternate uniform concept that I had done six years ago. I still can't fathom why they haven't released an orange alternate yet.

vDiiCtk.png

Nothing too revolutionary, but 1) the orange merchandise seems to sell like crazy 2) if the point is to put "OKC" on the chest, why not just put "OKC" on the chest, instead of that awful logo?

I used TBDaniel's template, but modified the mesh areas a bit. Looking at it now, I think the fine mesh came out a little too dark.

The only problem I have with it is that the OKC logo is so terrible, but you can't help that. This is a great look for them. I do think that OKC should focus a little more on their alternate colors, so maybe a little more light blue and yellow involved would be a welcome change.

Given the hot mess that Adidas unveiled yesterday I dug up an old alternate uniform concept that I had done six years ago. I still can't fathom why they haven't released an orange alternate yet.

vDiiCtk.png

Nothing too revolutionary, but 1) the orange merchandise seems to sell like crazy 2) if the point is to put "OKC" on the chest, why not just put "OKC" on the chest, instead of that awful logo?

I used TBDaniel's template, but modified the mesh areas a bit. Looking at it now, I think the fine mesh came out a little too dark.

DavisWeBelieve.jpg

Having OKC as the chest wordmark is def the way to go, though.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Totally get the Warriors comparison, but the same argument could be made about their standard uniforms as well. The trim is almost identical.

I don't know exactly why, but I've never liked alternates that changed the design from the normal uniforms. I feel like it dilutes the brand a bit. I tend to favor teams like the Lakers, Cavs, Knicks, Hawks, etc. in terms of alts, rather than ones who switch it up like Miami, LAC, San Antonio, Portland, etc.

Fun fact about these: the original design from six years ago, along with a couple others, was included in my work samples when I applied for the design internship with the Thunder. The Creative Director opened up my interview by saying, "well, it sure seems like somebody thinks we need an orange uniform!"

Too bad they didn't take the bait. ;)

In my opinion, I sort of feel like the OKC is really obnoxious. What you could do is take the OKC text from the logo and use that (not the entire logo, just the text). Then again, that may make it look more like the Warriors. IDK, I say try it out and see how you feel about it.

In my opinion, I sort of feel like the OKC is really obnoxious. What you could do is take the OKC text from the logo and use that (not the entire logo, just the text). Then again, that may make it look more like the Warriors. IDK, I say try it out and see how you feel about it.

This is what I thought they did when I saw the headline, as a thunder fan I am disappointed.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

This would be the best jersey the Thunder have ever worn. I love the colour!

No wonder to the Warriors comparison as they use the same colour scheme as them but just added light blue.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

They do like to use the "OKC" portion of the logo by itself, but IMO, it's one of the weakest parts of the logo and it looks even more awkwardly off-balance when separated from the logo.

Nonetheless, I actually did a version like that already:

pEhDpcu.png

Archived