Redesigning my old High School - Soccer Kits!

derschwigg

Very, very nice work amigo. I recently rebranded my high school too and it's so much fun to think about what COULD be if you had the creative reigns and a limited budget.

Minor nitpick on the wordmark -- I know you modified it already, but the one thing that threw me from the start as I read through this was the 'O'. You've got basically square proportioned letters until you get to that one, the width makes it seems pinched. I would make it a little more square to balance things out.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That template is great, as are the jerseys. Only suggestion would be that I think the standalone "M" logo would suit the hat quite well.

Well, this is embarrassing. That was my initial plan. Looks like that layer got hidden, haha!

7pBvPyd.jpg

WZHqVcp.jpg

The design work in this thread is phenomenal. Patriots is a fairly common mascot, and you've made it absolutely unique. Kudos.

However, your template doesn't include stirrups/socks. Especially for your throwback set, some hosiery would set it off.

Thanks! And yeah, looking at it now, it really should have a pair of socks or something in there. I'll see what I can do.

Wow, nice work. Is it possible for you to release that template?

Thanks! Once it's done (read 'added socks')/formatted a bit more friendly, I can absolutely release it. It's a Photoshop file right now, but admittedly, the grouping/layers could be a bit more "user-friendly." Have you ever really dissected a Fraser template? :censored:'s immaculate, yo. :lol:

EDIT: REALLY? I can't say an s-word for doodie? Ok.

can you do one of the football with a blue helmet, white jersey, and red pants, more like the first uni you posted

Sure, but I never posted a uni with that specific scheme.

RpMk2Ul.jpg

EDIT: I can't believe this came together so quickly. Here's the Stirrup addition!

aRemjte.jpg

pBYZfNJ.jpg

Here's a color corrected red!

Yep! That's what I was looking for. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I can't believe this came together so quickly. Here's the Stirrup addition!

aRemjte.jpg

This is a great template. I like that a lot. Great job on the colors. Just some thoughts:

- The edges could use a cleanup - especially the hat and the (Patriots) lettering.

- The Logo (M on the other jerseys - not on this one) and the Patriots lettering should be a bit smaller in my opinion. As this is a flat template - lots of the logo and the lettering would not be visible as the areas are covered under the arm or would get lost in the chest/arm area.

- The drop shadow for the logo and the lettering is too long - it looks like it is floating over the jersey and not stitched onto it.

- Also consider a smaller drop shadow for the kit.

- Perhaps try some lighter dark in the corners. Right now it is a lot of "spot on". I'm not so sure about that point but perhaps you just give it a try.

All the best wishes

Daniel

I'd like to see the grey baseball jersey have pinstripes, of any color because pinstripes look classy. I skimmed through the series, and it's definitely great. I really feel that HS teams should go to independent designers for their work, before they should even think of pirating.

That's what- She

aRemjte.jpg

This is a great template. I like that a lot. Great job on the colors. Just some thoughts:

- The edges could use a cleanup - especially the hat and the (Patriots) lettering.

- The Logo (M on the other jerseys - not on this one) and the Patriots lettering should be a bit smaller in my opinion. As this is a flat template - lots of the logo and the lettering would not be visible as the areas are covered under the arm or would get lost in the chest/arm area.

- The drop shadow for the logo and the lettering is too long - it looks like it is floating over the jersey and not stitched onto it.

- Also consider a smaller drop shadow for the kit.

- Perhaps try some lighter dark in the corners. Right now it is a lot of "spot on". I'm not so sure about that point but perhaps you just give it a try.

All the best wishes

Daniel

Thanks! But I feel the need to respond to some of your points:

- The edges could use a cleanup - especially the hat and the (Patriots) lettering. They do. It might be the blocking technique on the hat (what prevents the color from bleeding off the edges, but I did a simple stroke within Photoshop for the wordmark. Adding the stroke in Illustrator and then copying over would easily fix the issue. It's not done, but it's really REALLY close.

- The Logo (M on the other jerseys - not on this one) and the Patriots lettering should be a bit smaller in my opinion. As this is a flat template - lots of the logo and the lettering would not be visible as the areas are covered under the arm or would get lost in the chest/arm area. Fair point.

- The drop shadow for the logo and the lettering is too long - it looks like it is floating over the jersey and not stitched onto it. The template itself is an edited version of this:

adidas-mississippi-baseball-uniform-2014

I actually didn't use a drop shadow on any of the actual material - I did base my shadows (lettering/piping/M) on them, though. Since we're talking about a high school here, I imagine they'd go for more of an applique over stitching. That's why the shadow is there.

- Also consider a smaller drop shadow for the kit. See above.

- Perhaps try some lighter dark in the corners. Right now it is a lot of "spot on". I'm not so sure about that point but perhaps you just give it a try. You mean the vignette? I could lessen it, I suppose, but I don't really think it needs it.

I actually didn't use a drop shadow on any of the actual material - I did base my shadows (lettering/piping/M) on them, though. Since we're talking about a high school here, I imagine they'd go for more of an applique over stitching. That's why the shadow is there.

My school's baseball jerseys have stitching, take that as you will, but just some personal experience.

My school's baseball jerseys have stitching, take that as you will, but just some personal experience.

I think I meant Stitching over applique.I've been really tired lately lol

I think I meant Stitching over applique.I've been really tired lately lol

Haha no worries man, we've all been there

Archived