The SHL project

Slajd

Hello I have seen alot of "NHL project" och "Soccer project" so I decided that I'm gonna make a SHL project and re-design all 12 in the leauge. Some maybe not know so much about the SHL(Svenska HockeyLigan) also know as the Swedish Hockey Leauge so Im going to do all teams and write some fun facts about the team and big players that have played in the team.

First up is Brynäs IF, Brynäs is located in the city Gävle and its the 13th biggest city in Sweden. Gävle is most famous for its christmas goat made of straw that almost every year burn.

Brynäs IF was founded in 1912 and the hockeysection started in 1939, they have won Le Mat Trophy or the Swedish Championship 13 times and the last one in 2012.

Famous players that have played in Brynäs is: Nicklas Bäckström, Börje Salming, Mats Näslund, Jacob Markström, Jakob Silverberg and many more.

More information about Brynäs will you find here!

So here is my Brynäs IF concept, I decided to not changes so much cuz Brynäs already have very classic jersey but I have change some details and made a alternate jersey for them based on a retro jersey they worn before.

11024724_1537836946495993_30617527922228

10991687_1537836933162661_42212151151363

11034947_1537836913162663_20309699003656

Hope you enjoy it and don´t think my English is to bad (Im Swedish) the next team is gonna be Djurgårdens IF.

Excited for this series love to look at not the biggest teams and study logos and stadiums and unis, will stay tuned :notworthy: Noticed that there was more yellow in logo so why would the alt color be red? You don't have to change it, just curious.

Excited for this series love to look at not the biggest teams and study logos and stadiums and unis, will stay tuned :notworthy: Noticed that there was more yellow in logo so why would the alt color be red? You don't have to change it, just curious.

I have done some research about why Brynäs uses red, I have looked att really old pictures of the hockey team and have found out that they used only black and yellow in the beginning but then somewhere on the way red came in. My theory about this is that Brynäs head sponsor is a coffee brand called Gevallia that comes from Gävle and here is there logo.

Gevalia_logo_2007.png

So I think that the red is from Gevalia.

The yellow text inside of the clover is difficult to read; I'd suggest maybe changing it to black.

I dont want to change to much on the logo but I think that some black outline on the BIF would be great.

Next team is Djurgårdens IF, Djurgården is located in the capital Stockholm. Djurgården was founded in 1891 as a sports club, in 1922 the ice hockey section was founded. Djurgården has won the Swedish Championship 16 times which is a record.

Famous players that have played in Djurgården is: Kent Nilsson, Johan Garpenlöv, Mats Sundin, Gabriel Landeskog and many more.

The concept for these jerseys is based on old jerseys Djurgården have used in the past to get a retro look and use there main colors.

First up is there home jersey its based on this jersey:

tumbadif_163177777.jpg

On the picture is Sven Tumba he is a legend in Swedish hockey he have won 3 WC Gold, 1 WC Silver, 3 WC Bronze, 1 OG Silver and 1 OG Bronze.

He have won 8 Swedish Championship i Ice hockey (all with Djurgården) and 1 Swedish Championship in Soccer (also with Djurgården)

And here is the home jersey:

10855049_1538470916432596_93025958505040

The away jersey is based on this retro jersey:

matchdrakt057.jpg

I know most teams these days uses white away jersey but the Swedish national team uses Blue and Yellow on there jersey so why not use it in the SHL?

Here is the away jersey:

10950671_1538470953099259_33696949052869

And last I wanted to do a red alternate jersey and also do that on in a retro style. I found this picture its from when Sven Tumba played in the 1960s and here it is:

samlarbild550.jpg

As you see its blue but i wanted it to be red so here is the red alternate jersey:

10542682_1538470979765923_58985673404432

Hope you like what you see if you do check out my facebook page and my next SHL concept will be Frölunda.

The first thing I noticed is the yellow and gold not matching. I would get rid of the gold on the shield; the letters get lost on the red, and it clashes with all the yellow. Also, I would put a stroke around the shield.

Yeah I know, I have tried to get de gold to yellow but with my kind of bad PS skills I didnt get it to work so i did not change the logo. I think that Djugården uses the gold to point out that have the record in most Swedish Championships.

I was not so happy with my Djurgården jerseys som I made 3 new ones. After talking with a friend that is a Djurgården fan he told me some useful stuff about the jerseys. First of all now a days DJurgården always uses a darker blue color and the red would be like blood red.

So I made these ones:

Djugården Home:

AT6KHT.jpg

Djurgården Away:

FP922G.jpg

Djurgården Alternate:

zVmUeZ.jpg

I have not done the socks as I want they are gonna be better but first of all look at the jersey!

I think the alternate is beautiful, but the numbers are hard to read.

Yeah I like it too yeah the numbers are not that great should have put some white outlines or something but its the design thats important

The white seems, bare compared to the rest.

Yeah I know its kind of boring but according to my friend Djurgårdens white jersey should be very easy design cuz they dont have white in there colors.

Next team up is Frölunda HC or as they also are called Frölunda Indians. Västra Frölunda IF as they where called before started up in 1930 and started with hockey in 1944. In 1965 the team won there first Swedish Championship and after that they didnt make it to win another but in 2003 they won it again thanks to a goalie called Henrik Lundqvist and 2 years after that they won there third SM-Gold.

Famous players that have played in Frölunda is: Daniel Alfredsson, Per-Johan Axelsson, Loui Eriksson, Henrik Lundqvist, Alexander Steen, Erik Karlsson and many more.

First of all I wanted to make a new look but still with there colors red, green and white.

Home Jersey:

Gv7vf7.jpg

Frölunda uses a red home jersey but with little details so gave it green shoulders and green/white stripes on the arms.

Away Jersey:

aZM8B3.jpg

On the white jersey I wanted many colors so I tried red arms and it worked very well.

Alternate Jersey:

f1bFe4.jpg

For there alternate jersey I wanted a green jersey so I tried with this Indians logo and its a kind of baseball style but it really worked out and I like it. Little freakout but what the hell #yolo

Next team up is Färjestad!

My Swedish is not very good so I've never gotten the answer to this- why are they called the Indians? I very casually support Frolunda, but have always been curious about this.

Okey, what I have read is that is this, in the 60´s Frölunda had a success and where called "the wild west" dont ask me why. In the 90´s all Swedish teams started to use names like Brynäs Tigers, Leksand Stars, HV71 Blue Bulls and so on to be more like the NHL teams. So Frölunda wanted to have a name recognize with "the wild west" but the didnt what to have a name with firearms and cowboys so they become Frölunda Indians in 1995.

Archived