Canadian Football League - Hockey Jerseys (**Blue Bombers Added**)

CanucksBrad

This is my first ever concept series (and first ever real concepts). So please leave some good C&C, I know I need a lot of practice on the technique.

The idea is CFL hockey jerseys. Using the current CFL colours and logos (or as close as I could get) put onto hockey jerseys in styles close to or inspired by their current CFL uniforms.

First up, my hometown team the BC Lions.

xprb2Uv.png

Ohh nice.. if ya can make the paws crest pop with some sort of white lining around the crest area.. would be great...cant wait to see what ya can do with the rest of the CFL teams.. especially my Blue Bombers...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Ohh nice.. if ya can make the paws crest pop with some sort of white lining around the crest area.. would be great...cant wait to see what ya can do with the rest of the CFL teams.. especially my Blue Bombers...

Bombers is one of the ones I've already done, and to be honest one of my favorites. They are the only ones so far that get TWO alternates.

You have transferred the football uniforms to a hockey format very well.

Orange pants are very much a CFL BC Lions thing, but it would be unique in hockey. While the "stealth" approach of black on black is in vogue (e.g. BC's Signature uniform), I don't like that the logo and numbers can't be read from very far away.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

You have transferred the football uniforms to a hockey format very well.

Orange pants are very much a CFL BC Lions thing, but it would be unique in hockey. While the "stealth" approach of black on black is in vogue (e.g. BC's Signature uniform), I don't like that the logo and numbers can't be read from very far away.

You make some good points. And I agree that some things that work for football (like white/light pants) usually don't work for hockey. Thought I'd give it a try. The alternate is hard to read for sure, but I wanted to try it out because I love their real life alternates so much. May just do the logo/numbers as a solid orange since it is hard to read.

I like the Calgary set. They do have some secondary logos you could consider including, especially the front of a horse framed in a horseshoe. Its flame-like mane betrays the common ownership of the Flames and Stampeders, though. Rather than reversing the horse's colour (which looks like SMU), you could consider the version of the white horse displayed against a red disc.

6804.gif9246562012.gif

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I like how you're using a lot of cues from the team's existing sets for these unis.

My only complaint is about the number fonts you're using for the sweaters. They don't really look like the kind of numbers you'd see on a hockey sweater.

I like how you're using a lot of cues from the team's existing sets for these unis.

My only complaint is about the number fonts you're using for the sweaters. They don't really look like the kind of numbers you'd see on a hockey sweater.

Thanks. Any suggestions? Which fonts would you suggest?

Thanks. Any suggestions? Which fonts would you suggest?

Check Conrad's threads and Dafont. There are a lot of fonts around that could fit on uniforms.

Most CFL teams just use standard block fonts, so using those would be a solid start.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived