Spike New Logo

RevNet

New:

spike-logo-3.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

Old:

1365C1CF-0A91-C58A-7000C544472D5431.jpg

spiketv-logo1.jpg

From Deadline.com:

Spike TV’s logo and tagline have gotten a makeover. The network unveiled the new network identifiers today at its upfront in New York. The network says its new tagline “Spike: The Ones to Watch” reflects Spike’s strategic shift to a general entertainment network, “delivering compelling original entertainment with an edge and a distinctive point of view,” adding, “It speaks to the network’s bold personalities and a brand pushing the boundaries of the unexpected.”

Source: http://deadline.com/2015/03/spike-logo-tagline-upfront-network-1201385485/

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I saw this the other day but figured it was already established as the new logo. I like it a lot, its clean, small and "spikey". It also does a good job at making lower case look masculine/aggressive.

I like the concept of the new logo. But, I'm not in love with it. Maybe because the type is too friendly. I don't know. There is just something about it that doesn't 100% appeal to me. But, I do think it is an upgrade over their previous two.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Big upgrade. I like the fact that they are truly admitting they are shifting gears in programming, something they have been doing the last 5 years. IMO it could just be a silhouette of John Taffer, as it's the Bar Rescue channel to me now. Speaking of which, wonder what he thinks or if he had any input?

packchampionslfroh.png

Just curious, what the hell is shown on Spike now? I live in Canada so we still get Spike as a Category A channel (basic on all cable) but I swear all they show is Cops, Jail, Bar Rescue, Jail, Cops and Cops. I only used the channel to watch TNA and now thats gone. What ever happened to 4728 Ways To Die, Manswers, MXC, Disorderly Conduct, CSI, etc?

Just curious, what the hell is shown on Spike now? I live in Canada so we still get Spike as a Category A channel (basic on all cable) but I swear all they show is Cops, Jail, Bar Rescue, Jail, Cops and Cops. I only used the channel to watch TNA and now thats gone. What ever happened to 4728 Ways To Die, Manswers, MXC, Disorderly Conduct, CSI, etc?

I can help with that...

Each of those shows mentioned had their runs ended in between 2010 and 2012 (Save for CSI, which has jumped to other networks). If you have a provider that has On Demand, some of those shows like 1000 Ways to Die (BTW, it's one of my favorite shows period), Disorderly Conduct and Manswers are on the on demand menu that they have (it depends on where you live, of course).

I happen to like Bar Rescue, so there's that. They just introduced Coaching Bad (which I find interesting) and Framework and I assume that there are other shows coming down the pipeline.

All I've ever seen on Spike is cops. They dropped the ball w/ this logo. Should've been a jagged trapezoid as the dot of the I.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can't look at it without thinking "Sprite."

Yeah, same thing with me. I guess I'm not the only one.

They shoulda kept it yellow. Yellow suits the name Spike TV for a couple reasons the name makes me think of.

Other than that, the logo itself is genius. But many points lost for awful coloring.

I can't look at it without thinking "Sprite."

Yeah, same thing with me. I guess I'm not the only one.

They shoulda kept it yellow. Yellow suits the name Spike TV for a couple reasons the name makes me think of.

Other than that, the logo itself is genius. But many points lost for awful coloring.

The colouring issue is just the image OP used, I saw a Black background with pure white writing on wikipedia 3 days ago - cant find it now - but they've updated to a black script version

Spike_TV_%282015_Logo%29.png

I do agree that yellow suited it more, and maybe it will be yellow - the website has a hint of Golden Yellow - as all I can find right now is this one, the one from OP and a cleaner true colour version of OP's

Is it just me, or has every cable network in existence undergone a "strategic shift" towards "general entertainment programming" (a.k.a. cheap reality shows)? At what point does showing the same genre as everybody else stop being "strategic"?

We're living in the final years of cable television. Someday our grandchildren will ask how we ever tolerated it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is it just me, or has every cable network in existence undergone a "strategic shift" towards "general entertainment programming" (a.k.a. cheap reality shows)? At what point does showing the same genre as everybody else stop being "strategic"?

It's what makes them money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_drift

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

i think this is an excellent example of designing a logo to meet certain goals. they wanted to shift their personality and brand from "manly" to "general edgyness" and the logo delivers. do away with the shield and "manly" stuff and go with something bold and a little more flexible. it's not a logo you put in your portfolio and people say "that's amazing!" but it's part of a new brand that is smart and well executed based on client needs.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived