Mamaroneck High School Rebrand

Jvelleu

So every couple years I like to redesign my alma mater's (Mamaroneck High School) athletic program, as a way to see my progression as a designer. Its a fun exercise and its something I'm passionate about having grown up playing on Tigers athletic teams from elementary school through high school.

Here are the current logos:

Mamaroneck%20M.JPG

CH-Tigers.jpg

Here was my first attempt from a couple years ago:

Mamaroneck%20Tigers%20Logo%20Package%202

And finally here was my latest attempt:

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20P1_zps2yzlmkwf

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20P2_zpsjt0y559y

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20P3_zpsil0ysrqm

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20P4_zpsit1iylyt

Full Project HERE

Uniform designs coming soon.

You have definitely improved since a couple of years ago. I remember you posting your first high school concept back then and I thought that was good. But this concept is great. Personally, I think its too good of a rebrand for a high school. You should make this into a Savannah State logo (or another D1 school named the tigers with a crappy logo) and sent it to them.

JeKhnr9.png

Thanks all. For those who liked the first attempt, I think it came out OK but not great. The face was a little weird and a lot of the curves were really ugly.

You have definitely improved since a couple of years ago. I remember you posting your first high school concept back then and I thought that was good. But this concept is great. Personally, I think its too good of a rebrand for a high school. You should make this into a Savannah State logo (or another D1 school named the tigers with a crappy logo) and sent it to them.

Haha thanks, I guess having a design being too good for a school is the best criticism i can get.

The face might look a bit off because the halves are mirrored. In my opinion, a logo this good can go to great if you shade half the face. It gives the logo more depth and while looking more complex can simplify the pieces of the logo by adding more weight to the darker portions on one side.

I think ill give this a shot. To me the face looks fine on its own, but when paired with the full body it looks too symmetrical, maybe I could add shading to the body as well.

This is miles ahead of your school's current set. The only change I'd make is to open the tiger's mouth to make it a bit more intimidating. Nice font too btw.

I initially decided to not make the tiger look to angry like many tiger logos do, but maybe this could be a nice middle ground.

Like many schools, yours seems to have plagiarised its current logo from a professional source- in this case, an Australian rugby team, the Wests Tigers. Your version is now indirectly related to it.

c31d9cs9gmcvg3jqakt1.gif

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

The face might look a bit off because the halves are mirrored. In my opinion, a logo this good can go to great if you shade half the face. It gives the logo more depth and while looking more complex can simplify the pieces of the logo by adding more weight to the darker portions on one side.

This is more or less what I'd suggest for the face. It looks pretty solid as-is, but shading half of it would take it to the next level. Speaking of shading, I think the darker orange color could be even darker, or even just switched to black. It's not doing much currently, specifically on the "M" logo.

That wouldn't be plagiarism IMO and would still be miles ahead anyone else.

To be clear, the only plagiarism I see is the school's use of its current logo. By following its format, there is only a small similarity to it in Jvelleu's work- the indirect relation I spoke of.

Regarding the new design, with a closed mouth and rather full cheeks, I find the new tiger concept a little tame-looking.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

That wouldn't be plagiarism IMO and would still be miles ahead anyone else.

To be clear, the only plagiarism I see is the school's use of its current logo. By following its format, there is only a small similarity to it in Jvelleu's work- the indirect relation I spoke of.

Regarding the new design, with a closed mouth and rather full cheeks, I find the new tiger concept a little tame-looking.

D'oh! I didn't even realize you were talking about the old logo. Yeah that's definitely a blatant rip off haha!

spacer.png

Archived