Mamaroneck High School Rebrand

Jvelleu

Ok so a couple of updates: added shading, tweaked the hands, cleaned up some of the lines on the face, darkened the dark orange, and removed the outline above the wordmark on the primary.

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20P1%20V2_zpsyum

Let me know what you think.

Certainly an improvement over the one from a couple years back. I like the idea of tweaking a concept every year, acts as a good measuring stick. Everything here is very clean, no lines are really out of place, and the whole logo has a strong composition. I'm not sure the shading in the face works any better than the symmetrical version. I think what's out of place right now is that the way you've laid out the tiger, with the paws coming at you, is very aggressive, but the expression is very calm. A tiger probably wouldn't leap like that and keep a neutral facial expression. Take the head on its own and it works, but mix it with the paws and it looks a little disjointed. If you intend on keeping the leaping tiger, you may want to tweak the face so it matches the aggression of the action. Just what I'm seeing.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I'm bringing this back, but in a slightly different direction. It occurred to me that the high school was currently using the athletic logo for its academic identity, and this doesn't seem right to me. I believe that a school should have separate logos for itself and its sports teams, you shouldn't put a sports logo on an official document that is unrelated to sports. So I decided to do an academic and athletic rebrand for the school.

MHS%20Acedemic%20X%20Athletic%20Logos_zp

I only made a few minor tweaks to the athletic identity, I did start to make the tiger look meaner, but it didn't quite work out so I decided to keep that the same.

Tigers%20Logo%20Package%20V3_zpswpkrp72r

And heres what I came up for the academic identity. My original plan was to create a seal, but the school has no tradition using one and they're just so outdated that I decided to take it in a slightly more modern direction that would work with todays technology. I created the font entirely from scratch, and this was my first attempt in making a font like this, so any comments on it or the kerning would be appreciated.

MHSAcedemic%20Logo%20Package_zps5h1zj2cm

And I heres how the other middle and elementary schools in the district would tie in.

MHSAcedemic%20Logo%20Package%202_zpspbcm

I hopefully will finally get around to posting the various sports uniforms soon

Let me know what you think, thanks

These look solid. You may need to shrink the wordmark on the on the home and road so they don't fall into the armpits quite so much, but it is hard to do with a mark of that size. One other note: if a jersey features a logo instead of a wordmark, it always goes over the heart. If numbers are present, they are flipped to the other side of the jersey.

Edit: I also don't really like the white piping on the gray jersey and pants. I would go with black. I'm also not a fan of gray hats (but that is just a personal preference); I would use the black hat.

award%20sig.png

Wow, I'm really impressed that you created a serif font like that from scratch. Must have been a ton of work. The kerning all looks good, but the one issue I see is with the "M". It seems a little too narrow, especially compared to the "N". I would widen that a little. I agree with jbslinky that the second line of text should be the same width as the first, especially since you're full-aligning the text.

The actual academic mark is really nice. No complaints there.

wow….. even since when you did high school logos years ago, you just improved so much and this is a great logo for the high school! For baseball, why not one cap with the tiger's head on it? I mean it'd be a lot of fun to see it!

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

I'm not feeling the font for "Mamaroneck"=With all the letters the same width, here, the M's and A's are all squished while the other letters look stretched out, which wouldn't necessarily look bad were it not for the way they are placed in this word. This reads "Mama Roneck" to me because the styles looks so divergent.

rATMcmK.png

Archived