Silent's Sports Signatures - All Sports Championships & "Where I Come From" (WNBA added!)

Silent Wind of Doom

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Sorry for the incredibly long layover.  Life just keeps getting in the way.  Hopefully it's calm now... until I leave for a week in two weeks.

@29texan, I didn't realize until now that you still have an old sig from before.  So I upgraded the grapghics for the new thread like I did every other one.  I couldn't find all of the old pictures, so I updated them as well.  Hope you like.

7fwPZnE.png

Thanks for the updates. I've ad a bit of a layoff from this page, myself, so I understand.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2015 at 5:49 AM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

One of the primary things I've worked on while a part of this community is sprucing up people's signatures. I greatly got off track, and while I also have other projects that are still hanging in limbo, I've been getting messages for some time requesting I return to my work with signatures. As I had two threads in the past, I've decided to merge everything into one new thread and get a fresh start, fixing the mistakes I've made in the past, so let's open up shop.

Instructions on adding signature images

These are for anyone to use in their signature if they desire. To add them, go to your profile, click the "Edit my profile" button, and then click the tab on the left for "Signature". Use the "Image" button in the editor toolbar (the little polaroid of the tree) to add it. It seems using URL tags will not add the image to your sig, but instead just show the code. Enjoy! ^_^

All Sports Championship Signature Images

My original signatures thread, this was based on some images I'd seen in someone else's signature. I decided to make my own version with a more simplistic style, and then to offer my services to anyone who was interested. Here's a sample of my work, my own image from my own signature, which consists of the championships of the Yankees, Mets, Dolphins, Jets, Giants, 'Canes, Black Knights, Rangers, Habs, Bulls, Knicks, Nets, and my very own Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball team.

qn5r1t.jpg

Just tell me what teams you want to be included and what levels of championships you want to be included. Do you want all world championships? Do you also want divisional or league/conference championships? Do you want bowl wins or scoring trophies? And if the team has existed in multiple cities, let me know which cities you want included? Do you want the Braves' entire existence, or just their time in Milwaukee?

Here's a sample of some of the trophies that are available, but I will do anything I can to accommodate everyone. Images of the championship prizes of more obscure leagues are very helpful.

2vt1edi.jpg

156u8gx.jpg

With the change to a new Paint that is a huge step down from the Vista version, I've had trouble working on these and STLgent came in and sort of took over. Unfortunately, he hasn't been around for some time, and I've been getting a lot of requests to resume, so I'm going to do my best to work things out.

"Where I Come From"

I've always been intensely interested and had a great love and appreciation for the different cultures in sports, which, of course, includes the logos and uniforms, leading me to this website.

One of the things I really loved, which was used for one year and then seems to have completely disappeared from memory and the internet is NCAA Football 2011's ad campaign featuring the slogan "Where I Come From". In the commercial, different people described things where they came from, giving little snippets about their sporting culture. At the moment, I've only found videos of the commercials surviving on a french video site and one extremely low quality video on Youtube.

General Version: http://www.jeuxvideo...-1-00028354.htm
SEC Version: http://www.jeuxvideo...-2-00028355.htm
Big 12 Version: (Loud audio warning.)

I'd often thought of doing the same for other sports. Originally, I made a full list of phrases for the MLB, and tried making signature images to go with them, but my early attempts were rather pitiful. I, however, took another crack at it, and the thread became a rather booming affair that I think inadvertently caused the change that currently causes signature images to be automatically shrunk (some people featured upwards of four or five at one time). >_>;

My original versions, especially some of the very first ones I did became a bit of an old shame for me as I consider how much better the quality has grown with my experience. I also rushed to get stuff out, and I remain kind of embarrassed by some phrases I came up with quickly in instances where I couldn't think of anything. So, I decided to take this opportunity to remake everything I've created thus far. Consider it an HD remake. I hope everyone enjoys the new versions. People who already have the original versions can update if they wish, and new people can pick them up if they wish.

I also made a few videos to show off my process for anyone who may be interested.

Each image consists of five separate images: one of the team's home city, one of their home venue, with the teams logo in the center. The other two are different for each sport. If you'd like anything special, make a request. In the future, I wouldn't mind doing the other sports as well. And yes, they're all positive ones. For some, it was tough finding something positive, but I think I've succeeded. You're welcome to link me to images that you want me to use if you have special requests.

Here's links to all of the images I've created thus far:

MLB - Eastern Divisions | Central Divisions | Western Divisions

NFL - Eastern Divisions | Northern Divisions | Southern Divisions | Western Divisions

NBA - Atlantic Division | Central Division | Southeastern Division | Northwestern Division | Pacific Division | Southwestern Division

NHL - Atlantic Division | Metropolitan Division | Central Division | Pacific Division

MLS - Eastern Conference | Western Conference

CFL

WNBA - Eastern Conference | Western Conference

NCAA Football - ACC Atlantic Division | ACC Coastal Division | Big Ten Eastern Division | Big Ten Western Division | Big XII | Ivy League | Pac-12 (Part 1, Part 2) | SEC Eastern Division | SEC Western Division | Service Academies and Independents | Mid-American Eastern Division | Mid-American Western Division

IIHF Big Eight

NASCAR Drivers

English Premier League (Part 1, Part 2)

NCAA Basketball - ACC (Part 1 , Part 2) | Big East

PGA Major Tournaments

Thoroughbred Triple Crown

FIFA Men's National Teams - Asian Football Confederation | Confederation of African Football | Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football | Confederación Sudamericana de Fútbol | Union of European Football Associations (Part 1, Part 2)

MLL

NLL 

WWF/WWE (Part 1

Enjoy everything, and as long as I don't get banned for my thirty-three-tuple post, let me know if there's any requests you have for me.

Hi, could I have all the Yankees championships, including American League titles, even the 2001 and 2003 American League pennants? 

I want championships!

• 3 months later...

Hey,

Could I get:

- Orioles' championships, AL titles, AL East titles, and Wild Cards

Baltimore Colts' NFL championships and Super Bowl championship

- Ravens' Super Bowl championships and AFC North titles

- Flyers' Stanley Cup championships

- 76ers' NBA championships

- Ohio State football's national championships

- UNC basketball's national championships

Thanks a lot!

CatnVzu.png

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/33ys29w.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

11rggi0.jpg

13 hours ago, OhiOsFan17 said:

Hey,

Could I get:

- Orioles' championships, AL titles, AL East titles, and Wild Cards

Baltimore Colts' NFL championships and Super Bowl championship

- Ravens' Super Bowl championships and AFC North titles

- Flyers' Stanley Cup championships

- 76ers' NBA championships

- Ohio State football's national championships

- UNC basketball's national championships

Thanks a lot!

Given your desire to focus on the Colts' Baltimore history, do you also want me to leave out the Orioles' pennant as the St. Louis Browns and the 76ers' championship as the Syracuse Nationals?

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Well, @OhiOsFan17, until you say otherwise, here's a version of your sig.  Lemme know if there's any changes you want.

hQy98jc.png

@Wackyriderfan14, I actually went a couple months ago and predid all of the CFL, so I had this nice and ready for you.

yUTIIqk.png

It looks great! However, the NCAA recognizes the Buckeyes as national champs for 1954 and 1957. Would you be able to add those? And yes, I'd like the Syracuse Nationals' championship left out. Sorry for not responding sooner.

CatnVzu.png

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/33ys29w.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

11rggi0.jpg

21 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Hi, I was just wondering if I could have a Saskatchewan Roughriders Championship Signature with Grey Cup Championships(66,89,07,13) with the Oilers Stanly Cup Championships?

Huh...  Your post... completely changed since I put your sig together.  Do you want me to add the Oilers?

@OhiOsFan17  Oh!  Yeah.  Sorry about that.  Currently changing the way I display National Championships.  Was working on Ohio State and hadn't added the championships above the Rose Bowl trophies.  Here's the updated version.

uZIi632.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh...  Your post... completely changed since I put your sig together.  Do you want me to add the Oilers?

@OhiOsFan17  Oh!  Yeah.  Sorry about that.  Currently changing the way I display National Championships.  Was working on Ohio State and hadn't added the championships above the Rose Bowl trophies.  Here's the updated version.

uZIi632.png

No, Its fine I was just trying to make it less work.

yUTIIqk.png

2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

uZIi632.png

Looks great! Thanks a lot!

CatnVzu.png

11rggi0.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I was just wondering if you could make a Championship Signature with Michigan State's Football Bowl wins and Big Ten championships with Michigan State basketball national championships and Big Ten championships and finally Michigan State hockey championships. Thanks a lot!

yalSCLI.png
spacer.png
JnGTN1H.png

Do you mind changing the Panthers' slogan to "...We Keep Pounding"? It's the actual team slogan and (imo) works better than what you have right now. Also, if you don't mind, could you make the championship banners for the Panthers and Orioles? (Hornets don't have any.) The Panthers have division championships in 1996 (NFC West), 2003, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015 (NFC South). 2003 and 2015 are NFC Conference championships. The Orioles have AL East titles in 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1979, 1983, 1997, & 2014. They have AL Pennants in 1966, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1979, & 1983. Finally, they have World Series titles in 1966, 1970, and 1983.

Thanks!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Sorry this took so long.  Been sick and didn't notice the new posts.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:01 PM, crosby87rules said:

Hi, I was just wondering if you could make a Championship Signature with Michigan State's Football Bowl wins and Big Ten championships with Michigan State basketball national championships and Big Ten championships and finally Michigan State hockey championships. Thanks a lot!

No problem.  Just checking.  You didn't list football national championships.  I'm guessing you want those?

(EDIT: I knew that name sounded familiar.  I did one for you back in September of 2015.  You don't want the Lions, Jays, US Soccer, Mudhens, Kings, Monarchs, Thorns, Stars, SabreCats, and a soccer team I can't remember anymore?)

On 1/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Do you mind changing the Panthers' slogan to "...We Keep Pounding"? It's the actual team slogan and (imo) works better than what you have right now. Also, if you don't mind, could you make the championship banners for the Panthers and Orioles? (Hornets don't have any.) The Panthers have division championships in 1996 (NFC West), 2003, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015 (NFC South). 2003 and 2015 are NFC Conference championships. The Orioles have AL East titles in 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1979, 1983, 1997, & 2014. They have AL Pennants in 1966, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1979, & 1983. Finally, they have World Series titles in 1966, 1970, and 1983.

Thanks!

Hey, if that's what you want, that's what you get.  When I first started, Carolina was nowhere near the prominence it is now, so that wasn't common knowledge. 

(EDIT: Also, you want me to leave out the Wild Cards?  And usually I only include the highest title of each year [in situations where such titles are in sequence, not when there's a side award or a team enters multiple competitions], so usually I'd just include a league championship when a team wins that.  Do you want me to include both the league and division championships side-by-side?)

I'll hook you up soon as I can.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/9/2018 at 11:14 PM, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Hey, if that's what you want, that's what you get.  When I first started, Carolina was nowhere near the prominence it is now, so that wasn't common knowledge. 

(EDIT: Also, you want me to leave out the Wild Cards?  And usually I only include the highest title of each year [in situations where such titles are in sequence, not when there's a side award or a team enters multiple competitions], so usually I'd just include a league championship when a team wins that.  Do you want me to include both the league and division championships side-by-side?)

I'll hook you up soon as I can.

Yeah, I don't really think making it to a wild card game is a "title", per say, so if you could leave it out, that'd be great. Also, please put all titles in chronological order. Thanks!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Sorry, guys.  I've been spending the last year helping out with my ailing grandfather 

@crosby87rules, here's your MSU sig.  Football's trophies are kind of self-explanitory and usually contain footballs, so I almost never include the icon, but sometimes I do for other sports (especially the more obscure ones) because the trophies can be so similar.  Given hockey's having unique conference trophies, I didn't include basketball and hockey icons, but lemme know if you feel a little more clarity is needed.  Also, I've been redoing the look of college teams and have an updated MSU look, including the actual Spartan logo now.

JnGTN1H.png

@QueenCitySwarm, thank you for giving me a good Panthers slogan to use from now on. 

GZWgZyv.png

I don't think I expressed what I was talking about well enough given your response, so I just figured I'd include both.  Here's what I usually do...

h3wKmRv.png

And here's what it sounded like you were looking for...

ymNZ6Vn.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived