2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

Foreground: Mike McCarthy's table at the coaches' breakfast / media session.

Background: Chip Kelly's.

59a5f983-1d26-43d5-b15d-e7b8b85fb2e2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Tebow needs to be an Eagle.

I despise Tim Tebow and everything he stands for. I think Tim Tebow is a lousy quarterback.

But I agree! It's been a while since we've had a circus-like atmosphere around here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25141830/all-time-nfl-power-rankings-for-all-32-franchises

A power ranking of all NFL teams during the Superbowl era. As a Viking fan, I was pleasantly surprised to see my guys in the top ten.

While not exclusive, the author is lazy because ESPN did this in 2008 and they were copying a Dallas sports radio host.

Sturm still updates it yearly, but now gives a Super Bowl Champion 11 points (rather than 10), because in his view, "because I didn’t like the idea that 2 Super Bowl losses equaled a Super Bowl win.

And with that right there, the last defensive link to those great Steelers defenses of last decade and some of this one is gone.

Suffice it to say things will be very different up there in my second hometown from this day forward.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And with that right there, the last defensive link to those great Steelers defenses of last decade and some of this one is gone.

Suffice it to say things will be very different up there in my second hometown from this day forward.

Ya it's pretty sad. The only 2 guys left are Harrison and Timmons. I loved watching Troy play, and I'm surely relieved I got to see him play in person last year.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25141830/all-time-nfl-power-rankings-for-all-32-franchises

A power ranking of all NFL teams during the Superbowl era. As a Viking fan, I was pleasantly surprised to see my guys in the top ten.

While not exclusive, the author is lazy because ESPN did this in 2008 and they were copying a Dallas sports radio host.

Sturm still updates it yearly, but now gives a Super Bowl Champion 11 points (rather than 10), because in his view, "because I didn’t like the idea that 2 Super Bowl losses equaled a Super Bowl win.

'The Jets have been close to useless since winning the Super Bowl in 1968'

(bow)

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Jaws is saying that Bucs are going to draft Mariota #1 overall unless they get an offer to trade down.

http://fanbuzz.com/story/espns-ron-jaworski-says-marcus-mariota-will-be-selected-no-1-by-the-tampa-bay-bucs/

Still waiting on confirmation of this as legit.

Source article:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/04/11/jaws-mariotas-stock-is-rising/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How can there be confirmation of something that isn't going to happen for a few weeks? It's all speculation at this point, no matter what story you read.

It's possible that the Bucs know the Eagles are trying to throw the kitchen sink at teams so that they can draft him, and they want in on it so they're putting rumors out there. I can't see them trading out of that spot and losing a chance at one of those two though.

If I were the Titans, I'd take the kitchen sink for Mariotta. He doesn't seem to be as good as Luck, and if you don't have a QB at that level in that division, and you don't have a unit comparably as good (like the Watt Texans), it seems to make more sense to build for depth than to pin your hopes on someone you're not 100 percent on.

Plus it feels like the Titans are a forgotten team. Are there any expectations of them, other than to be better than Jacksonville? I can only name Metzenberger on their roster, and even then only because of the selfie thing.

Seems like the Titans are doing a good job of floating under the radar and minimizing expectations. If they can continue to do so while stockpiling assets, that seems like a good plan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I were the Titans, I'd take the kitchen sink for Mariotta. He doesn't seem to be as good as Luck, and if you don't have a QB at that level in that division, and you don't have a unit comparably as good (like the Watt Texans), it seems to make more sense to build for depth than to pin your hopes on someone you're not 100 percent on.

Plus it feels like the Titans are a forgotten team. Are there any expectations of them, other than to be better than Jacksonville? I can only name Metzenberger on their roster, and even then only because of the selfie thing.

Seems like the Titans are doing a good job of floating under the radar and minimizing expectations. If they can continue to do so while stockpiling assets, that seems like a good plan.

If you are GM Reston Webster (starting year 3) and HC Ken Wisenhunt (starting year 2), would be that you need to call a realtor because you'd be out of a job when the season ends at best. If you take Leonard Williams or a non-QB, you are preparing yourself to get fired. If you sit at #2 and pick which QB is left, then you more than likely save yourself for two more seasons. One of the only other options you have to keep your job(s) is to trade for Philip Rivers. For them, it's no longer what to best for the franchise, but do what is best to keep your d@mn job.

The Titans have basically been rudderless since the death of Bud Adams. His son-in-law stepped down as Team President in March to just deal with the family's oil and gas in Houston. The interim president, Steve Underwood, returned to the franchise after retiring in 2011. Other long term executives have retired recently too.

Archived