_nxche

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mankato set is just too modern. The program tends to go retro with their looks most of the time. I'd give them traditional striping, but don't be afraid to give it a lot of stripes. The head logo works great on the shoulder, as they also tend to use wordmarks on the chest a lot. But since you're using the M, I would move it to the shoulder. They don't really use yellow anymore, I think that's what throws me off....nothing about it says Mankato.

The Mankato set is just too modern. The program tends to go retro with their looks most of the time. I'd give them traditional striping, but don't be afraid to give it a lot of stripes. The head logo works great on the shoulder, as they also tend to use wordmarks on the chest a lot. But since you're using the M, I would move it to the shoulder. They don't really use yellow anymore, I think that's what throws me off....nothing about it says Mankato.

I appreciate the feedback. I'll get back to the drawing board on this one.

xOwzChW.jpg

I'll comment on UML since I went there.

The bomb pop idea is interesting, and I actually like it more than I thought I would. I'd recommend using Impact for their numeral and NOB font, since the school uses it for their logo. I think the shoulders need something on there. They look so empty and lonely with nothing.... I also agree with Lowell being upside-down. It shouldn't be.

Plus, the school doesn't use Riv-Hawks at all. They use the full nickname, or "UMass Lowell."

That said, the ideas are really cool. Very well thought out and well-done. Especially the two-color roundel. I'd keep that going throughout the set.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Minnesota State Mavericks

u7Qae6M.jpgUnybtjl.jpgdWQPsiL.jpg

Now that's more like Mankato. I like it. Good job!

Only suggestion for change I would have is to maybe ditch the last strip closest to the end of the arm on both of them, just feels clustered, but it's your design and the decision is obviously yours!

Archived