Cleveland Browns Rebrand: Uniforms Updated

8BW14

Okay so here's my stab at a new look for the Cleveland Browns, because the real rebrand has been pretty disappointing so far and I can only imagine what they have in store for the new uniforms.

With my new take on the Browns has a kind of neo-retro vibe. I wanted the new look to feel old-school but not necessarily feel old. The very first thing I wanted to do was come up with an actual logo for the team that wasn't just a generic helmet graphic in the Browns' colors. I tried monograms and football shapes, but none of them felt right, so what I did do was use a football helmet anyway, the most constant identifying mark of the franchise. However instead of going with the more modern depiction of a football helmet, I went with a classic two-bar facemask that hearkens back to the glory days of the Browns. I also gave the wordmark some character. I picked a nice strong font, accented with the classic Browns' stripes. Also, I created a secondary badge-shaped logo that features the silhouette of an American Bulldog, the unofficial mascot of the Browns. While the shield will not appear anywhere on the uniforms, it would be used on merchandise and team apparel.

browns%20logos_zpsdsqrgzdy.png

Now with the new logos and wordmark comes some new uniforms. Once again, the uniforms are classic and traditional, but have a more contemporary striping pattern that feels like a natural evolution of the Browns' uniforms into the 21st Century.

browns%20uniforms_zpsaig2qlgb.png

Well there you have it. Thanks for taking a look and please feel free to leave some C&C, especially on the secondary bulldog logo. Once again thanks for taking a look and I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

I think your off to a good start and in 1-2 updates you can be perfect here.

I don't like the old mask on the logo, but thats just an opinion.

Make the bottom stripe on the jerseys taller.

Great work though!

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Okay thanks for the comments guys. I think I have a fix for the stripes based on some suggestions and I'll get it updated as soon as I can.

Edit: fixed the striping on the white jerseys

browns%20uniforms_zpsvgdkq7jq.png

The striping on the white jersey now mirrors the brown jersey exactly and also reflects the classic helmet stripe on both uniforms. Thanks for the comments on the stripes and I think the update is a huge improvement. I'm still open to any and all C&C on the logos and uniforms. Thanks for taking a look.

Archived