MLS Jersey Concepts (NYC FC Alternate Update)

Roadrunner8ball

Hello all,
Today I have for you two MLS jersey concepts, my favorite MLS team, the New England Revolution, and the Colorado Rapids. I will not be doing the entire MLS it might just be a few teams here and there. A big thanks goes out to Raysox for sending me his soccer template. C&C is appreciated as always.

First up is the New England Revolution:
The Revs jerseys right now aren't horrible, but they could be much better. The home jersey is pretty standard for Adidas. It features a blue base with white shoulder stripes and a white chest stripe. The away jersey is white with red shoulder stripes, and a blue and red sash. Both jerseys include the New England flag the English Colonists used in the American Revolution.
NE%20Revolution%20Screenshot_zpspgiz3ab1

Next is the Colorado Rapids:
The Colorado Rapids in my opinion have the blandest jerseys in all of the MLS. For them I paid homage to the Rocky Mountains in both the home and away jerseys. The home jersey features 2 stripes coming from the shoulder to a peak on the sublimated mountain on the bottom of the jersey. The away jersey feature the mountain that is fully visible. The mountain on the jersey is actually the mountain that is featured in the Rapids logo. On both the home and away jersey, the back collar has the number 96 on it. The 96 represents the year the Rapids were established, 1996.
CO%20Rapids%20Screenshot_zpskdy3qqzl.png

Awesome. However i thought the mls logo on the jersey was supposed to be club colors

I believe they do use a team colored version of the league logo, but unfortunately, I cannot find a colorized version of the logo for the teams. Also, thanks for all of the C&C! I'm planning on doing NYCFC's jerseys next.

Next up is one of the newest teams in the MLS, New York City Football Club, more commonly know as NYC FC:

NYC FC's jerseys are pretty much a copy of Manchester City, so for their set I wanted it to be completely different from Manchester City's uniforms.

Home: The home jersey was inspired by Dortmund's 2012-13 and Olympique Lyon's jerseys. Above the logo is five stars. These five stars represent the five boroughs of New York City. It then features three stripes one ending the logo stripe, and two more at the bottom of the jersey.

Away: The away jersey is fairly simple. It features two chest stripes, one orange and one blue.

Alternate: For the alternate I wanted to represent New York City as a whole. The bottom of the jersey features the New York City skyline which focuses on the Empire State Building, one of the most recognizable building in New York. It has an orange chest stripe as well which contains the sponsor, jetBlue.

NYC%20FC%20Screenshot_zpsoavpmy77.png

C&C is appreciated as always

I'm sorry, I thought I commented earlier. weird. The NYCFC third, if worn on teh field, that skyline would be missed. Move it up, and you've got a winner IMO. love all the other ones.

tinysig.jpg

The five stars on the NYCFC jersey are misleading...

How are the five stars misleading?

some people think that that means 5 championsips
I wouldn't say "some people." It's a widely used sign of championships. Granted, they don't typically stack them vertically, but it's still something that could be confusing. What about taking the pentagon from the crest and using that instead of the stars?

gYH2mW9.png

The five stars on the NYCFC jersey are misleading...

How are the five stars misleading?
some people think that that means 5 championsips
I wouldn't say "some people." It's a widely used sign of championships. Granted, they don't typically stack them vertically, but it's still something that could be confusing. What about taking the pentagon from the crest and using that instead of the stars?
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try and fix that.

I am back today with an update on the NYC FC alternate jersey.

I moved up the skyline so it is visible when worn on the field.

NYC%20FC%20Alternate%20Update_zpssrcjfp6

Also, I have tried kind of shapes with the NYC FC home jersey stars but none seem to work or look good. Any ideas on what I should do with the stars so they aren't misleading? Thanks. And C&C is appreciated as always.

Archived