Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

TCU's rebuilding and expanding their basketball facility, and they're going to need a new court. So, the powers that be at Texas Christian University's athletic department decided to hold a contest for a new court design.

Here's the link

And the info:

March 15, 2015

FORT WORTH, Texas - This Selection Sunday, TCU athletics is looking to select a new basketball court design.

Fans can submit their designs by In addition to the NCAA-regulation lines and Big 12 Conference required logo placements, all designs must include the following elements: primary arched TCU logo, HORNED FROGS word mark, and the phrase Frogs Court.

The colors on the court should consist of purple, white, gray, black and/or wood stain.

The winning court designer will receive the opportunity to come watch their artwork being applied to the new court and four lower-level tickets to the opening games in the renovated facility for both the men's and the women's basketball teams.

The contest runs March 15 through April 6.

And the template / design elements accepted:

Colors allowable on court design:

1) Purple
2) White
3) Black
4) Gray
5) Wood Stain

Other design elements required on the court:
1) Primary arched TCU logo.
2) HORNED FROGS wordmark.
3) The phrase: Frogs Court.

Optional design elements:
1) Horned Frog secondary logo
2) GoFrogs.com website address
3) @TCU_Athletics twitter handle
4) #FearTheFrog hashtag
5) Frog Scales pattern

Anyone up for it?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU is a LOT more conservative than that,

When the new Horned Frog logo leaked from NIKE, ALUM went nuts and it was quashed. The AD and Marketing department are going to pick something that be cool but within reason. I just can't see outrageous and gaudy happening. Look for something understated but unique to TCU.

Just my .02c

I already submitted one last night when I saw this. I like conservative, "old-school" designs, but I submitted something that I think is pretty unique and modern because I feel like that's what they'll be going for. Their basketball program isn't exactly leaking with tradition so I thought I'd try to freshen it up. But no worries, no giant logos or gradients lol

It's technically called "we're not going to pay you for your work. Instead, you get to watch a bunch of guys applying decals and rolling paint onto hardwood. You also get to watch TCU beat up on a bunch of SWAC and Southland fodder, because we sure as heck aren't going to put you courtside when we play a game you actually want to watch."

It's technically called "we're not going to pay you for your work. Instead, you get to watch a bunch of guys applying decals and rolling paint onto hardwood. You also get to watch TCU beat up on a bunch of SWAC and Southland fodder, because we sure as heck aren't going to put you courtside when we play a game you actually want to watch."

Does Ed O'Bannon know about this?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

EA doesn't plan on taking the winner's likeness and putting it in a video game, so I'd imagine not.

Dude i nearly spit out my drink all over my dashboard when i read that!!
shado_logo.gif

Last time I remember a school having a "design our new floor" contest, we ended up with this travesty:

jamesmadisoncourt.jpg

James-Madison-Basketball-Gym-Floor1.jpg

So I'm not holding out much hope.

As mentioned, a TCU court wouldn't be over the top like that.

The last Pro Combat Uniform made many alumni want to vomit, so I'd expect what you would see on the current football uniforms: Modern, but subtle.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Anyone happen to have a photo of the frog scale pattern? I can't find it anywhere, not even the TCU Brand Standards. Odd they didn't compile a file of all the logos, wordmarks, etc along with the court template

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Anyone happen to have a photo of the frog scale pattern? I can't find it anywhere, not even the TCU Brand Standards. Odd they didn't compile a file of all the logos, wordmarks, etc along with the court template

Here is the version in white/grey: https://www.flickr.com/photos/88019126@N00/16843344101/

I don't have a purple version, but I think that'd look best for the court border.

I threw my hat into the ring last night. I wanted to do something different, unique, for TCU. I ended up removing the website. The white area of the frog and top of the key are a lighter wood stain.

TCU%20court%20contest%20WIP_zpsulbpfvkb.

ojNNazQ.jpg

Here is the version in white/grey: https://www.flickr.com/photos/88019126@N00/16843344101/

I don't have a purple version, but I think that'd look best for the court border.

dang...I couldnt find one so I made it from scratch (using the pro combat helmet). But thanks!

I threw my hat into the ring last night. I wanted to do something different, unique, for TCU. I ended up removing the website. The white area of the frog and top of the key are a lighter wood stain.

This court would be a lot better if it was presented with Nike-speak and telling us what each part of the court represents. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This court would be a lot better if it was presented with Nike-speak and telling us what each part of the court represents. :)

Did you hack my email?

ojNNazQ.jpg

EA doesn't plan on taking the winner's likeness and putting it in a video game, so I'd imagine not.

Especially since their college basketball series (and all college basketball games, for that matter) is kill

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived