Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's great that they went with something unique with the Frog skin but still appear to have kept it subtle enough that it's not outrageous. The red 3-pt lines are fine by me. The arena is plastered in purple between the floor and all the seats (and fans since that's the primary color). All the video boards will likely constantly be displaying purple backgrounds, so a couple red lines will be fine.

I look forward to seeing a shot of the floor from the sideline. The TCU logo looks interesting with the Frog skin design but I can't tell much from this photo. The two things I'm not sure about is whether I like the frog skin pattern on the TCU logo or the font/design of the "Walsh Family Court" marks.

One other thing I noticed has little to do with the floor itself, but I always notice it with facilities that have one primary color: there are a bunch of different shades of purple in that arena––the floor, 3 different shades of purple in 3 different types of seats (floor seats, lower level seats, and bowl seats), and the padding on the goal. It could get out of hand depending on how they use the video boards and how well the purple on their home white uniforms match the court (also any signage or banners). It will probably not be noticeable to most, but it probably will annoy me.

Lest anyone says we complain about anything that's new... I really, really like this.

I'm all for ambitious designs if they make sense.

Holy cow I haven't seen you on here for YEARS.

Yeah I'm really loving this. The scales are subtle and the black and purple off colored key is really neat too. The red accents are also minimal and stand out on a court that's purple and greyscale.

Are there any full overhead shots of this? A quick Google image search wasn't helpful. It's hard to tell exactly what the pattern looks like.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are there any full overhead shots of this? A quick Google image search wasn't helpful. It's hard to tell exactly what the pattern looks like.

Still waiting, as far as I can tell.

The facility grand opening is December 15 with the first game December 20. We may have to wait until those dates now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, now that we can finally see a game on tv (TCU is playing West Virginia right now on ESPN2), we can see how it looks on the tube and... the frog skin court and paint is subtle but still very noticeable at the same time. Not bad.

Our basketball uniforms, however, are boring as hell.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Tuned in after seeing your comment. It came out nicely. I really like the red arch. TCU could really use that red more and I wouldn't complain. The overall wood stain looks a bit light for my liking, but the entire design is pretty nice.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived