raysox's A-League

raysox

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Coast looks good. I would like to see the light blue incorporated more on the home jersey, but I'm not quite sure what could be changed for it. Can't go wrong with the yellow and navy, though. Nice work once again.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Melbourne City
The newest brand in the current A-League! Manchester City bought the Melbourne Heart(which I would much rather do a concept for) before this season. I didn't know how much I could change. I kept the logo, with the biggest change being replacing navy with black(there's a lot of blue in this league, so this helps). Sydney FC said they didn't want the new team to wear light blue, so City settled on a jersey that looked like a clash jersey for their parent club, and I didn't change it. The clash is a throwback to the Heart's classic Southampton looking kits. Turns out, that's what the team uses now. This seemed like a real easy concept, and I liked the brand enough to see it not change.

MelbourneCity.png

Melbourne City

The newest brand in the current A-League! Manchester City bought the Melbourne Heart(which I would much rather do a concept for) before this season. I didn't know how much I could change. I kept the logo, with the biggest change being replacing navy with black(there's a lot of blue in this league, so this helps). Sydney FC said they didn't want the new team to wear light blue, so City settled on a jersey that looked like a clash jersey for their parent club, and I didn't change it. The clash is a throwback to the Heart's classic Southampton looking kits. Turns out, that's what the team uses now. This seemed like a real easy concept, and I liked the brand enough to see it not change.

MelbourneCity.png

Looks good! Very simple but they turned out great! Will you get me that NASCAR template?

No complaints for Melbourne City. There wasn't really a need to change much on the away, so I'm glad you kept it basically the same. It's a little hard to see the Etihad with the red and white stripes but I think that's unavoidable. The new home looks nice too. Great work as usual.

spacer.png

Melbourne Victory

The Victory have a pretty good brand, but their logo could use a clean up. That's what I tried to do here. I got rid of the grey that borders the word Victory, and the side white. I also mmade the blue darker. I actually didn't change the logo from my last series

The kits are pretty simple. I brought the chevron from the crest onto the chest with Adidas striping. The clash is supposed to be real bright and different, so I used a highlighter color.

Melbourne.png

Those look great! The only thing I would suggest is changing the sponsor color on the home jersey to all white because right now the green looks a tad out of place.

Seconded, and I would recommend doing the same for the away for consistency's sake. No complaints beyond that.

spacer.png

I like the sponsor on the home kit, it appears that there is a gradient effect to it so you can't really change it to all white. I say leave it - that shade of green compliments the blue well anyway.

Yeah that's the sponsor Melbourne has now. It has green gradients and if i made it all white it'd just be a ring.

Newcastle United Jets
Finally! A concept with more changes than the last few! For Newcastle, I felt like they needed an update on their crest. This one is similar to the one form my last series, but I updated it slightly. I kept it true to the current logo, but squared off some corners, fixed the font, and changed the gold color.

The kits aren't much different. A typical blue and red Barcelona look they have now. The clash are an homage to the Premier League side they share a name with.
Newcastle.png

Newcastle looks nice. I like the reference to the Magpies you made on the clash, and it's certainly better than what they use currently. The sublimated diagonal stripes are also a nice touch on the home. Keep up the good work man!

spacer.png

Newcastle looks awesome. I do like their actual home kits so I like that you still kept their identity intact. The only thing I don't like is the way the kit sponsor is, but it's not a big deal.

Perth Glory
I made sure the Glory hold a monopoly on purple in this league. Their current logo is really a mess. There is gradient, and an off centered soccer ball with a burst. The idea is there, but it needs to be cleaned up. I wanted a logo with presence and color. I used the Fox Sports font that Conrad posted, paired with a banner crest, a cue from Toronto FC, and the soccer ball I made for my last series.

The home kit is really similar to the current look. Purple with sublimated darker stripes on the front and back. I never do Macron concepts, so I played with some cuts and made my own. I used the cut as the basis for my clash jersey, Sort of a Bomb Pop USA jersey with white and orange.
Perth.png

Archived