NFL Uniform Tweaks - Texans Added 5-13-16

Ice Man

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Thank you!

Here's the modified home set using requested T-Wolves font for the numbers along with widening the font.

I think I agree that it does work for the Ravens for this concept. Obviously, this wouldn't fly in real life using another team's custom font but for a concept, I say it works.

Also added a touch of gold to the pants striping as requested and have to say I do like it and feel it accents and completes the striping well.

BhwKRcy.png

New Orleans Saints:

Saints are one of those teams that have a good unique look but have a lot of flaws/pet peeves in their current uniforms that personally keep them ranked on the lower end of the spectrum for me.

The main features of my tweaked Saints:

- Made a custom updated shield logo to use as primary and for sleeve logo

- For the helmet, I've simplified the fleur-de-lis to being just one solid colored logo and got rid of the outlines. I saw how this was mocked up on these concepts done by Jesse Alkire http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/#/saints/ and liked how it looked so credit to him for the idea.

Edit: With suggestion of MCH925, I've added outline on the helmet logo but the fleur-de-lis stil a solid one color logo on the primary shield logo.

- Got rid of the toilet seat collars and made entire thing in Saints gold

- Added striping pattern to the black pants to get rid of the yoga pants look

- Switched number font to a more unique one (from Conrad's fonts)

- I know this is just me "saying it to say it" and on an Illustrator mock up no less but the gold pants are a more darker metallic tone instead of the current vanilla-tone/Penguins tone Vegas Gold that doesn't quite match the helmet in my opinion.

This is one of those instances where you gotta "look good and feel good to play good" hence why Saints seem to always wear the black pants whenever possible currently and have seemed to crap the bed whenever they wear the light tone Vegas gold pants lol. Totally reaching here (since they have won a SB in last 5 years with same set) and also saying it somewhat jokingly but I think there's a correlation here.

- Inverted the color blocking on the road jersey to being gold w/ a black outline

As far as the uni combos, my preference in this universe is for home games, the Saints would mainly wear the black jersey-gold pants combo and saving the monochrome black for prime time/big games/etc.

For the road, they'd usually wear the black pants so it's not so much gold-mania.

Side note: I've finally noticed I'd been leaving out the NFL shield logo from the collars on all these concepts so have started doing it with the Saints. When I get the chance and when I'm super bored one night, I'll go back and repost all the other ones.

WUe56lH.png

SuydhyF.png

Carolina Panthers:

My main gripes about Panthers currently are how the road white uni's are seemingly the most commonly worn set for them no matter if it's a home or road game. I know they're not the only team that does this but just makes for a generally bland look for them when they have potential for more.

Main tweaks on my set:

- Panthers light blue and black become the main team colors and silver/gray essentially removed.

- Helmet becomes black w/ black facemask and pants have been reduced to just one pair of black pants.

- The light blue jersey becomes the main home set along with the black pants.

- The black monochrome alt option remains and ideally only worn a couple times a season for notable games/matchups.

- Overall, this concept admittedly isn't that much different from previous ones posted on here and the "claw" mark style piping on the shoulders has def been done before so not claiming any originality with this.

For this series so far, the Panthers were probably the toughest team for me personally to brainstorm something completely different but at same time keeping it fairly realistic. So it's easy to say this is currently my least favorite of the teams I've done so far so C&C and any suggestions to tweak would be welcomed.

6nV5z1R.pngr99UJhK.png

chkGm7B.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Back after a small break and having had time again to play w/ this concept thread.

Count me in with the 99.8% that think the current Bucs uni's are atrocious.

The updated logo I thought was a decent-to-good update but wow; a colossal fail and face palm on the uni's.

My Bucs tweak features a very toned down jersey.

Features:

- Kept the over-sized helmet logo and chrome facemasks. I don't personally love em but it's far from the worst thing on the real life sets

- Chose a different number font that I thought was less offensive than the digital alarm clock ones and still looked "modern" and new age.

- Pants striping pattern idea drawing from the swords in the logo came from couple recent Bucs concepts on here so no claim from me here for coming up with this particular element. I liked the idea and on a personal skills note of being able to put it together, I liked what I was able to do.

- Striping on sleeve pattern and the 2nd outline on the numbers features the creamsicle orange nod to the old days.

- The creamsicle alternate may be a little forced but I think it could be pulled off especially w/ the white pants option. Although I have to say from just playing around w/ color combos; creamsicle orange and pewter kind of complement each other well in my opinion.

- One notable thing is there isn't any 3M on these uni's as there are on the real life ones. My initial drafts for the Bucs I tried to incorporate it on the player numbers but it just didn't look right and seemed too forced to me so on this final draft, I ditched it altogether and went w/ the traditional white numbers on the home set.

C&C welcomed!

Edit: Tweaked the pants to add a little creamsicle orange to better tie in the pants to the rest of the uni's.

Spoilers are what I originally had:

ovAewnW.png

UJ9PQ79.pngDMj0hYo.png

MlJ7iQg.png
MCl9oeJ.png
Z7YAkKF.png

i feel like there needs to be just a tiny bit of orange in the pants to tie the whole set together. the pants just look out of place.

Just posted the pants w/ the bit of orange added to original post

These are all very tasteful. I think you achieved a lot of nice modern designs, with traditional elements. Keep it up!

Thank you!

Seattle Seahawks (Alternate Universe):

Slight detour from this series for a bit.

Mocked these up to grant a request from a friend who wanted to see something in the retro Seahawks colors.

Since these can't really be an alternate retro set or fauxback set due to the one helmet rules (and me trying to stick within that boundary of my fictional perfect NFL uniforms world), I'm posting these separately on their own as a "What If" type deal.

This is where we're going to have use our imagination here. In this scenario, when Nike unveils the Seahawks new uni's in 2012, they launch these going back to the royal-kelly-silver colors along with the updated motifs and elements that are present on real life jersey.

Main elements from real life uni's that are on these:

- Letter and number font

- Feather pattern on collar and pants striping

- Helmet design along with recolored Seahawks logo to match royal-kelly-silver days

For the number lettering, I decided to simplify it and took out the feather pattern that's on the real life uni's and keep it more basic.

zEwHVo8.pngpSw9JMd.png

Wow, these look awesome. If they used these as a current alt, that would be fantastic, but of course the 1 helmet rule, and whatnot.

Only thing I would really do here is add a second stroke around the logo on the sleeve that would match the jersey color to "punch through" the stripe pattern just so it doesn't get so lost. Otherwise, these are sick.

I think that the incorporation of the orange on the Bucs pants is much better. The only thing that I'm not so sure of is the combination of the modern pant striping and the classic shoulder striping. I feel like something a little more modern on the sleeve would look better. Possibly throw the ship logo on there or something of the sorts?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Back after a small break and having had time again to play w/ this concept thread.

Count me in with the 99.8% that think the current Bucs uni's are atrocious.

The updated logo I thought was a decent-to-good update but wow; a colossal fail and face palm on the uni's.

My Bucs tweak features a very toned down jersey.

Features:

- Kept the over-sized helmet logo and chrome facemasks. I don't personally love em but it's far from the worst thing on the real life sets

- Chose a different number font that I thought was less offensive than the digital alarm clock ones and still looked "modern" and new age.

- Pants striping pattern idea drawing from the swords in the logo came from couple recent Bucs concepts on here so no claim from me here for coming up with this particular element. I liked the idea and on a personal skills note of being able to put it together, I liked what I was able to do.

- Striping on sleeve pattern and the 2nd outline on the numbers features the creamsicle orange nod to the old days.

- The creamsicle alternate may be a little forced but I think it could be pulled off especially w/ the white pants option. Although I have to say from just playing around w/ color combos; creamsicle orange and pewter kind of complement each other well in my opinion.

- One notable thing is there isn't any 3M on these uni's as there are on the real life ones. My initial drafts for the Bucs I tried to incorporate it on the player numbers but it just didn't look right and seemed too forced to me so on this final draft, I ditched it altogether and went w/ the traditional white numbers on the home set.

C&C welcomed!

Edit: Tweaked the pants to add a little creamsicle orange to better tie in the pants to the rest of the uni's.

Spoilers are what I originally had:

ovAewnW.png

UJ9PQ79.pngDMj0hYo.png

MlJ7iQg.png
MCl9oeJ.png
Z7YAkKF.png

My opinion on these are that first off, when you added the orange to the pants stripe, it goes completely around the stripe including up at the waist line where the stripe extends from. I think you should get rid of it along that point...looks a little awkward.

I also agree with the notion that the sleeve stripe should emulate the pants stripe in some way. You could put the "sword stripe" over top of the tradition stripes if you break them up correctly...sort of like what you did with the spear for Washington, except you wouldn't really shrink it down to fit into one color.

Also, for what it's worth, the white pants don't look right with the creamsicle jersey because of the pewter sleeves. I would either make them orange to match the jersey, or stick with pewter pants for that set. (I would choose the latter, personally.)

Bucs look great! Clean look and the orange alt looks amazing with the dark pants.

Well done. I wish they looked this good in real life.

Thanks!

My opinion on these are that first off, when you added the orange to the pants stripe, it goes completely around the stripe including up at the waist line where the stripe extends from. I think you should get rid of it along that point...looks a little awkward.

I also agree with the notion that the sleeve stripe should emulate the pants stripe in some way. You could put the "sword stripe" over top of the tradition stripes if you break them up correctly...sort of like what you did with the spear for Washington, except you wouldn't really shrink it down to fit into one color.

Also, for what it's worth, the white pants don't look right with the creamsicle jersey because of the pewter sleeves. I would either make them orange to match the jersey, or stick with pewter pants for that set. (I would choose the latter, personally.)

Yea, I agree. After a friend mentioned similar note that the orange outline around the sword does look off. I'll fix this when I get a chance and repost.

I'll play around w/ the idea of placing the sword over the stripes and see how it looks.

Dang lol! I originally had the orange alt paired w/ the pewter pants but thought there may have been resistance to it so switched it to white pants to have it resemble the retro more.

I think that the incorporation of the orange on the Bucs pants is much better. The only thing that I'm not so sure of is the combination of the modern pant striping and the classic shoulder striping. I feel like something a little more modern on the sleeve would look better. Possibly throw the ship logo on there or something of the sorts?

My first thought is if the ship logo on top of the sleeve stripes may be too busy but it might work so I'll play w/ this later as well.

Seattle Seahawks (Alternate Universe):

Slight detour from this series for a bit.

Mocked these up to grant a request from a friend who wanted to see something in the retro Seahawks colors.

Since these can't really be an alternate retro set or fauxback set due to the one helmet rules (and me trying to stick within that boundary of my fictional perfect NFL uniforms world), I'm posting these separately on their own as a "What If" type deal.

This is where we're going to have use our imagination here. In this scenario, when Nike unveils the Seahawks new uni's in 2012, they launch these going back to the royal-kelly-silver colors along with the updated motifs and elements that are present on real life jersey.

Main elements from real life uni's that are on these:

- Letter and number font

- Feather pattern on collar and pants striping

- Helmet design along with recolored Seahawks logo to match royal-kelly-silver days

For the number lettering, I decided to simplify it and took out the feather pattern that's on the real life uni's and keep it more basic.

Wow, these look awesome. If they used these as a current alt, that would be fantastic, but of course the 1 helmet rule, and whatnot.

Only thing I would really do here is add a second stroke around the logo on the sleeve that would match the jersey color to "punch through" the stripe pattern just so it doesn't get so lost. Otherwise, these are sick.

Thank you! I'll see if I can add a second stroke around that logo.

Thanks for C&C everybody!

My first thought is if the ship logo on top of the sleeve stripes may be too busy but it might work so I'll play w/ this later as well.

Sorry for the confusion. By adding the ship, I was meaning to say remove the stripe completely and just do the solid color

Buccaneers Revisions:

So I took into account the feedback on the original Bucs I posted above and made some more tweaks to it.

I've posted 2 diff versions of the tweaks as well.

For the 1st set:

I'm really partial to the sleeve striping look I made for this Bucs set and although there was a good point how it didn't flow together w/ the pants stripe design; I still wanted to keep it.

I tried playing w/ one suggestion to incorporate the sword striping from the pants onto the sleeve striping to match but I wasn't able to come up w/ anything that looked good to me so I kept the sleeve striping as is.

But I did make some changes. I added the creamsicle orange to the pants stripe design and eliminated the gray/silver from the colors and did the same w/ taking out the gray/silver in the sleeve striping.

For the 2nd set:

I went w/ the suggestion of taking off the sleeve stripe design and placing the full pirate ship logo on the sleeves.

It does seem to flow more cohesively but the overall set still seems kind of lacking IMO even if it's not that far off from the Bucs have done and used in real life that's worked fine.

On a note for both sets, I've made the pewter pants the main option for the alternate creamsicle jerseys as well.

DAx2XfK.pngblBtTj1.png9THrTLF.png

2nd Set w/ Ship Logo:

swQw7Sz.png

bND0DPJ.png

3D9Zwwu.png

Archived