New Look: Coors Light

LEWJ

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF MY BEER IS COLD IF THE LABEL DOESN'T TELL ME???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

coors-light-super-cold.png

Here's the old label for reference.

From the AdAge article above:

For Coors Light, the red Coors script looks similar, although "Light" uses a slimmer font and is black rather than white. The biggest change, according to an image shown to Ad Age, is that the front of the bottles no longer tout "2-stage cold activation" that refers to mountain images on the bottle turning blue when the brew reaches a certain cold temperature. However, the mountains will still turn blue when the beer is cold, a spokesman said. And secondary packaging will plug the beer as "cold lagered," "cold-filtered" and "cold packaged" beer.

After you posted that comment, I checked the article to see if it was mentioned. Good choice keeping that feature.

Coors still tastes like bubbly piss, to me. lol

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF MY BEER IS COLD IF THE LABEL DOESN'T TELL ME???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

coors-light-super-cold.png

Here's the old label for reference.

From the AdAge article above:

For Coors Light, the red Coors script looks similar, although "Light" uses a slimmer font and is black rather than white. The biggest change, according to an image shown to Ad Age, is that the front of the bottles no longer tout "2-stage cold activation" that refers to mountain images on the bottle turning blue when the brew reaches a certain cold temperature. However, the mountains will still turn blue when the beer is cold, a spokesman said. And secondary packaging will plug the beer as "cold lagered," "cold-filtered" and "cold packaged" beer.

OH THANK GOD. I was nervous for a minute!

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like it. Stripped down. Plus I kinda like Coors Light, so sue me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 3 weeks later...

I was involved in the marketed testing on this logo. When I saw it, it was much flatter and the mountains weren't as big of of part. The label on the top was not there either. I didn't like it a whole lot then, but this is an upgrade over what I saw (maybe in late October?).

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

not sure i like this look -- to me it looks like a diet cola marketed toward women ... while i usually really prefer clean lines over bevels and drop shadows I tihnk on this I like the old way better.. it was bold and matched their marketing. To me the new look is visually cleaner but it comes off as soft. Thing the font needs to be bolder and not transparent

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

not sure i like this look -- to me it looks like a diet cola marketed toward women ... while i usually really prefer clean lines over bevels and drop shadows I tihnk on this I like the old way better.. it was bold and matched their marketing. To me the new look is visually cleaner but it comes off as soft. Thing the font needs to be bolder and not transparent

Bingo.

lg_diet_coke_with_lime.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 2 weeks later...

Archived